|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Radical Interracialists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What riot inspired the sonnet that Senator Henry Cabot Lodge placed into "The Congressional Record"?
(a) The Charleston riot.
(b) The Virginia riot.
(c) The Chicago riot.
(d) The New York riot.
2. Who, according to W.E.B. Du Bois, could you not bribe?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Black people.
(d) White people.
3. Who became dean of Howard University, was a founding member of the NAACP, and opposed women's suffrage?
(a) Francis Maclomb.
(b) Thomas Mandler.
(c) Kelly Miller.
(d) Eric Mend.
4. What exposition in 1893 presented Black women with the opportunity to address the redefining of the criteria of true womanhood?
(a) The World Colombian Exposition.
(b) The Southern Rights Exposition.
(c) The American Liberal Exposition.
(d) The Black Rights Exposition.
5. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Louis Farican.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
2. According to the chapter "Defending Our Name" what did Black women have to confront and redefine?
3. What was the name of the largest Black sorority in 1908?
4. In 1914, who were the largest group of voters in South Carolina?
5. How many Black female lawyers were there coming into the 1880's?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)