|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Radical Interracialists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lucy C. Laney graduate from?
(b) William and Mary.
(c) Cornell University.
(d) Atlanta University.
2. In 1914, who were the largest group of voters in South Carolina?
(a) Black men.
(b) White men.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
3. What was the name of the first Black child born in America?
(a) Baby Douglass.
(b) Baby Wells.
(c) Baby Williams.
(d) Baby Anthoney.
4. Who became dean of Howard University, was a founding member of the NAACP, and opposed women's suffrage?
(a) Kelly Miller.
(b) Eric Mend.
(c) Thomas Mandler.
(d) Francis Maclomb.
5. According to an article in "The Independent," as referenced by the text in the chapter "Defending Our Name," what did White women prefer to happen to "keep their husbands straight"?
(a) That "slaves were always on the verge of hostility."
(b) That "they find suitable White mistresses to ensure pure blood."
(c) That "the bastard children of their husbands were killed."
(d) That "their husbands do wrong with colored women."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
2. What did the text claim was so "rampant" in the South that thousands of Black women were compelled to leave the South?
3. How many Black women were registered to vote in New York, where their vote successfully brought about the delegation of Gertrude Curtis and Laura Fisher to the Republican Convention?
4. What, by order of the House of Burgesses, were masters of slaves able to do to their servants?
5. Who, according to W.E.B. Du Bois, could you not bribe?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)