To Sell My Life As Dearly As Possible
* Thomas Moss was arrested, along with his partners Calvin McDowell and Henry Stewart, during a riot in 1892 and lynched.
* Terrell and Fredrick Douglas approach the then U.S. President Benjamin Harrison to publicly condemn lynchings, but Harrison refused.
* Wells, a journalist known for her activism, urged a boycott of White-owned businesses.
* Terrell and Wells commonalities and differences are discussed.
* A growing number of accusations of rape are made, many completely unfounded.
* Wells launched a widely successful campaign calling on Blacks to stand up for themselves.
Casting of the Die
* Isabell Williams gave birth to the first Black child born in America. Her child is detailed.
* Laws are made to address many situations, including whether the child born of a slave and a freed person would be slave or free.
* Phyllis Wheatley conferred with George Washington during the Revolutionary War, and...
This section contains 1,486 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)