|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara tell Sheba initially about her conversation with Bangs?
(a) Barbara has fallen in love with Bangs.
(b) Bangs is in love with Sheba.
(c) Barbara suspects that Bangs knows about Sheba and Steven's relationship.
(d) Barbara told Bangs about Sheba and Steven's relationship.
2. Why is Sheba hysterical in her voice message to Barbara at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Pabblem wants to see her for a meeting.
(b) Richard has found out about the affair.
(c) She has been fired.
(d) Steven has been hurt in an accident.
3. Why is Sheba irritated with Steven at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) He said something nasty about Barbara.
(b) He left without saying goodbye.
(c) He told his father about the affair.
(d) He said something vulgar to her.
4. What does Barbara find in Sheba's purse?
(a) A letter from Steven.
(b) Photographs of Sheba and Steven.
(c) Ticket stubs from a movie Sheba and Steven went to see.
(d) Steven's phone number.
5. Why does Sheba leave Barbara after Barbara tells her about Portia?
(a) Sheba has to go meet Steven.
(b) Sheba is ill.
(c) Polly is stranded and needs a ride.
(d) Richard is at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard want to purchase real estate?
2. What does the guidance counselor tell Richard and Sheba about Polly's behavior?
3. How is Sheba able to call Steven in Chapter 14?
4. What does Sheba first notice about Steven's mother's kitchen?
5. What tragedy does Barbara have to face at the end of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Sheba's remarks about Richard's feelings towards Barbara so hurtful?
2. Why is Barbara so upset with Sheba at the end of Chapter 12 when Sheba leaves to go see Steven?
3. Describe the mood when Sheba goes to Steven's house.
4. What is the significance for Barbara of seeing Sheba and Steven at the fireworks talking to each other?
5. Why is Barbara depressed at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. Why is Barbara angry when she leaves the fireworks?
7. Describe Marjorie and Dave's attitudes towards Sheba.
8. Sheba locks herself in her room for forty-eight hours after finding Barbara's manuscript. Why do you think Sheba feels so betrayed?
9. Why is Barbara so terrified to tell Sheba the truth about her conversation with Bangs, and what does she tell her instead?
10. Describe the confrontation between Sheba, Richard, and Mrs. Connelly in Chapter 15.
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)