|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sheba and Steven go on one of their "proper" outings?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) The Abbey Theater.
(c) The Museum of Science.
(d) The National Portrait Gallery.
2. What does Sheba initially tell Barbara about Steven?
(a) He is needy and his parents are abusive.
(b) He is angry and disruptive in class.
(c) He tried to kiss her and has a crush.
(d) He has followed her home and fought with Richard.
3. Who joins Sheba and Richard for Christmas?
(a) Steven's family.
(c) Richard's ex-wife and two daughters.
(d) Sheba's mother.
4. Why does the man in front of Barbara at the grocery store in Chapter 6 get so angry with her?
(a) She got in line in front of him.
(b) She was talking on her phone in line.
(c) Her groceries were accidently included with his.
(d) She accidently hit him with her shopping cart.
5. Where is Sheba teaching?
(a) St. George's.
(b) St. Augustine's.
(c) St. Matthew's.
(d) St. Xavier's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara first notice Sheba's beauty?
2. Why does Barbara think Pabblem is being so polite to her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What excuse does Barbara give for not finishing Pabblem's report?
4. What is Steven serving detention for in Chapter 3?
5. What does Sheba convince Steven to eat for the first time at the Indian restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exactly does Sheba tell Barbara about her relationship with Steven after dinner? How does Barbara respond?
2. Why does Barbara think Sheba is first interested in getting Steven into her pottery class?
3. What does Barbara believe ultimately causes Richard and Sheba's breakup?
4. What reason does Barbara suspect Richard has for wanting Sheba to visit Ben at the Beckwiths' home?
5. Describe Sheba's appearance when Barbara first sees her.
6. Describe Sheba's first few weeks at St. George's. How does she interact with the students, and what sort of teacher does she appear to be?
7. Why does Pabblem wish to see Barbara at the beginning of Chapter 4?
8. Why do Steven and Sheba seem to have such a difficult time figuring out places to meet?
9. When Barbara interviews Megan, what does this tell you about her growing place and influence in Sheba's life?
10. In Chapter 6, why does Barbara give the last Friday in March a gold star?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)