|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie do when he comes up to Sheba's desk during detention?
(a) He tries to kiss her.
(b) He tries to look down her shirt.
(c) He curses at her.
(d) He asks her for her autograph.
2. What is Sheba's name short for?
(c) Queen of Sheba.
3. What discipline problem occurs during the field trip to St. Alban's?
(a) Several students were caught shoplifting.
(b) Several students skipped the trip.
(c) Several students ran away.
(d) Several students were fighting.
4. How long have Barbara and Sheba known each other at the end of the foreword?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eighteen months.
5. Instead of being seen as a pure villain, Barbara is concerned that Sheba is seen as what by the public?
(a) An emotional cripple.
(b) A mentally ill woman.
(c) A joke.
(d) A desperate spinster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sheba's affair considered so scandalous?
2. Why does Barbara believe she is the most qualified to tell Sheba's story?
3. What item of clothing does Sheba desperately need in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Sheba tell Richard she is going when she leaves to see Steven in Chapter 5?
5. What does Barbara point out as being ironic at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Barbara's view of the affair in Chapter 7 with Sheba's view.
2. Describe Sheba's appearance when Barbara first sees her.
3. Describe Barbara's preparations for dinner at Sheba's. How is Barbara feeling? What does she do to prepare?
4. When Barbara interviews Megan, what does this tell you about her growing place and influence in Sheba's life?
5. What does Sheba first think of Steven when he comes to see her with his sketchbooks?
6. Why is Barbara so disgusted when Sheba befriends Sue Hodge?
7. Describe Sheba's first few weeks at St. George's. How does she interact with the students, and what sort of teacher does she appear to be?
8. Why does Sheba thank Barbara at the end of Chapter 3?
9. What shocking news does Sheba call Barbara with in Chapter 8, and why is Sheba so upset by this?
10. Why is Barbara concerned about the living situation that she and Sheba have at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)