|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sheba and Steven have problems meeting outside in early April?
(a) Sheba was too busy.
(b) Barbara would catch them.
(c) It was too cold.
(d) Steven lost all interest.
2. What description of Sheba swims into Barbara's mind at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(d) Fey person.
3. How does the "Daily Mirror" describe Sheba in the foreword?
(a) An "irresponsible educator."
(b) A "buxom bombshell."
(c) A "pathetic idiot."
(d) A "despicable animal."
4. What affect does Sheba claim the affair is having on her marriage to Richard?
(a) She is angry that he isn't younger.
(b) It is making her more affectionate towards him.
(c) Richard has been jealous.
(d) Richard is suspicious.
5. What does Barbara think about the impact of the affair on Steven?
(a) Steven is angry and bitter towards women.
(b) Steven is still in love with Sheba.
(c) Steven had a good time and is fine.
(d) Steven is emotionally scarred and will need therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discipline problem occurs during the field trip to St. Alban's?
2. Why are Sheba and Steven's encounters in Sheba's pottery studio so risky?
3. What does Steven compare Sheba to when she wears makeup to their visit?
4. Why does the staff at St. George's think that Sheba is becoming a better teacher?
5. What does Sheba convince Steven to eat for the first time at the Indian restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Barbara so irritated when Sheba acts as though she were a victim in the situation?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Barbara give the last Friday in March a gold star?
3. Are Sheba and Steven enjoying the 'dangerous' aspect of their affair? Do you believe that they are enjoying the possibility of being caught?
4. Describe Barbara's preparations for dinner at Sheba's. How is Barbara feeling? What does she do to prepare?
5. What does Barbara believe ultimately causes Richard and Sheba's breakup?
6. Why does Pabblem wish to see Barbara at the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. What does Steven do in Homework Club that is upsetting to Sheba?
8. What does Sheba first think of Steven when he comes to see her with his sketchbooks?
9. What reason does Barbara suspect Richard has for wanting Sheba to visit Ben at the Beckwiths' home?
10. According to Barbara, what sort of students attend St. George's?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)