|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheba do when she returns home from picking up Polly at Brighton?
(a) She pages Steven.
(b) She cries in her room.
(c) She hits Polly.
(d) She goes to Barbara's house.
2. What does Pabblem tell Barbara to do at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) She should consider retiring.
(b) She should visit with Bangs and make sure he is all right.
(c) She should tutor Steven to make sure he graduates.
(d) She should go take care of Sheba.
3. What does Sheba tell Barbara about Steven after the fireworks on Guy Fawkes Night?
(a) They are having an affair.
(b) Steven has been stalking her.
(c) Steven is quitting school.
(d) He wants to marry her.
4. What does Sheba first notice about Steven's mother's kitchen?
(a) The dirtiness.
(b) The lack of decor.
(c) The cleanliness.
(d) The emptiness.
5. Why is Barbara concerned that Sheba may not be able to travel far?
(a) Sheba cannot leave Steven.
(b) Sheba has been seriously ill.
(c) The terms of Sheba's bail may not allow it.
(d) Richard may not let Sheba go.
6. Where do Barbara and Sheba go for Easter?
(a) To the United States to visit Barbara's cousin.
(b) To visit Eddie and his family in India.
(c) To visit Barbara's sister on the seaside.
(d) To Richard's house.
7. Why is Sheba hysterical in her voice message to Barbara at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Steven has been hurt in an accident.
(b) Pabblem wants to see her for a meeting.
(c) Richard has found out about the affair.
(d) She has been fired.
8. Where does Barbara travel to during the summer?
9. How is Sheba able to call Steven in Chapter 14?
(a) She pretends she is a friend from school.
(b) She has Barbara call for her.
(c) She has Polly call for her.
(d) She asks to speak to Steven's mother first.
10. What is Polly accused of doing at boarding school?
(c) Sleeping in class.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
11. What does Sheba first accuse Barbara of doing when she finds the manuscript?
(a) Telling Richard about Steven's love for Sheba.
(b) Telling Steven to leave Sheba.
(c) Secretly hiding Steven's letters from Sheba.
(d) Telling Bangs about the affair.
12. What does Barbara say to Steven when she runs into him outside of the men's restroom after Sheba is arrested?
(a) She thanks him for his honesty.
(b) She calls him a profane word.
(c) She begs him to recant.
(d) She asks if he has spoken to Sheba.
13. Why does Barbara panic when Sheba tells her that Eddie and his family are returning from India soon?
(a) Eddie is not speaking to Sheba because of the scandal.
(b) Barbara and Eddie do not get along.
(c) Eddie will take Sheba away with him.
(d) They will not have a place to stay.
14. Why does Mrs. Connolly come to Sheba and Richard's home?
(a) Mrs. Connolly received a call from school and Steven confessed everything.
(b) Mrs. Connolly would like to thank Sheba for helping Steven with his work.
(c) Mrs. Connolly thinks that Barbara is abusing Steven.
(d) Steven needs help with his homework.
15. How does Barbara injure her hip?
(a) She is hit by a car outside of Sheba's house.
(b) She hits it against Sheba's pottery wheel.
(c) She is kicked in the hip by Steven.
(d) She falls down Sheba's steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Barbara tell Sheba she has suffered as well in Chapter 16?
2. Where does Richard want to purchase real estate?
3. What does the guidance counselor tell Richard and Sheba about Polly's behavior?
4. Why is Barbara disappointed over the summer months?
5. Why does Sheba have to go to Scotland in Chapter 14?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)