|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the gift left for Sheba in Chapter 2?
(a) Beautiful girl.
(b) Mean teacher.
(c) Foxy lady.
(d) Great helper.
2. From where is Sheba getting her money now that she is no longer working?
(a) From the settlement from Richard's lawsuit.
(b) From Richard.
(c) From her retirement.
(d) The Taylor family trust.
3. How does the "Daily Mirror" describe Sheba in the foreword?
(a) An "irresponsible educator."
(b) A "pathetic idiot."
(c) A "despicable animal."
(d) A "buxom bombshell."
4. Who is Lila?
(a) Richard's new girlfriend who is helping Richard with the children.
(b) An old friend of Sheba's parents whose house is used as a meeting place for Ben and Sheba.
(c) Ben's girlfriend.
(d) Sheba's sister.
5. What does Sheba speak to Barbara about in her studio after their dinner?
(a) Her problems with Polly.
(b) Her discipline problems at school.
(c) Richard's concern for Sheba's safety at school.
(d) The situation involving Steven.
6. Why does Sheba cry when teaching her class?
(a) A female student spits in her face.
(b) A student points out her sheer skirt.
(c) Steven calls her ugly.
(d) The electricity goes out.
7. Why does Barbara start to bleed at Sheba's home when she arrives for dinner?
(a) Portia had scratched her arm before she left.
(b) She scraped her knee under the table.
(c) She fell on her way to Sheba's home.
(d) Her new sandals are chafing at her ankles.
8. Why do Sheba and Steven have problems meeting outside in early April?
(a) Sheba was too busy.
(b) Barbara would catch them.
(c) It was too cold.
(d) Steven lost all interest.
9. For what is Sheba's father famous?
(a) Fashion design.
(b) Fiction writing.
10. How does Sheba claim to feel about Richard while the affair is going on?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She hates him for driving her to the affair.
(c) She is angry that she is married to him.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
11. What does Barbara suggest Sheba do with her pottery?
(a) Destroy it in the studio.
(b) Give it to Richard as a peace offering.
(c) Sell it to department stores.
(d) Donate it to the school.
12. According to Barbara in Chapter 2, where does Sheba first encounter Steven?
(a) Art class.
(b) Homework Club.
(c) Lunch duty.
13. Why does Barbara call Mrs. Taylor at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) To ask her to speak to Richard.
(b) To find out how Ben is doing.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To ask Mrs. Taylor for forgiveness.
14. Where do Sheba and Steven go on one of their "proper" outings?
(a) The National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Museum of Science.
(c) A cricket match.
(d) The Abbey Theater.
15. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Barbara Covett.
(b) Sheba Hart.
(c) Steven Connolly.
(d) Sue Hodges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Megan?
2. In the foreword, where does Barbara say that Eddie and his family are currently staying?
3. Where is Sheba teaching?
4. What does Pabblem want Barbara to write about?
5. What does Steven tell Sheba about her voice?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)