|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Barbara give for not finishing Pabblem's report?
(a) She forgot her notes at school.
(b) Her car broke down.
(c) A family problem.
(d) Her cat's death.
2. Why is Steven in special needs classes?
(b) Behavior problems.
(c) Attention deficit disorder.
(d) Down's syndrome.
3. What reason does Richard give for wanting Sheba to meet Ben at a particular place?
(a) He does not want to see Barbara.
(b) It is convenient for him to drop Ben off there.
(c) Ben does not want to go to Sheba's.
(d) It is far away from Steven's home.
4. What does Steven's father do for a living?
(a) He is a firefighter.
(b) He is a cab driver.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a plumber.
5. What does Barbara think would have prevented Sheba's relationship with Steven?
(a) Sheba becoming friends with Barbara sooner.
(b) Transferring Steven to another school.
(c) Sheba teaching at a different school.
(d) Barbara telling Richard about Steven.
6. How does Sheba feel about the gift left for her in Chapter 2?
(a) She is flattered.
(b) She is angry that there was only one gift.
(c) She is confused about who left it.
(d) She is disgusted.
7. For what is Sheba's father famous?
(a) Fashion design.
(c) Fiction writing.
8. Where does Richard insist that Sheba spend her visits with Ben?
(a) At Richard's house.
(b) At the Beckwiths' home.
(c) At Barbara's flat.
(d) At the lawyer's office.
9. What description of Sheba swims into Barbara's mind at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) Fey person.
10. What do the students call the Homework Club, as described in Chapter 2?
(a) Haitch Cee.
(c) Free period.
11. From where is Sheba getting her money now that she is no longer working?
(a) The Taylor family trust.
(b) From the settlement from Richard's lawsuit.
(c) From Richard.
(d) From her retirement.
12. What news does Sue give to Sheba and Barbara?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is in love with Steven.
(c) She is quitting her job.
(d) She is getting a divorce.
13. Where are Sheba and Barbara staying as the foreword begins?
(a) Richard's cottage.
(b) Eddie's home.
(c) Sheba's flat.
(d) Barbara's flat.
14. During the foreword, what does Barbara say that she believes most led to Sheba and Richard's break-up?
(a) The children.
(b) The media.
(c) The money difficulties.
(d) The affair.
15. Who is Megan?
(a) A student of Richard's.
(b) Barbara's former friend.
(c) Mrs. Taylor's housekeeper.
(d) Ben's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's profession?
2. How does the "Daily Mirror" describe Sheba in the foreword?
3. What is Steven's father interested in?
4. What does Steven do outside before Sheba leaves in Chapter 4?
5. How do Barbara and Sheba know each other?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)