|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the gift in Sheba's mailbox in Chapter 2?
2. What gift does Sheba find in her mailbox in Chapter 2?
(a) A CD.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A necklace.
3. Where does Sheba tell Richard she is going when she leaves to see Steven in Chapter 5?
(a) To work at the Homework Club.
(b) To see her old school friend Caitlin.
(c) To take Ben to the movies.
(d) To have dinner with Barbara.
4. What name does one of the boys call Sheba when they are play fighting after detention?
(a) Fat slob.
(b) Ugly goose.
(c) Silly cow.
(d) Skinny ant.
5. Why does Richard say he is concerned with Sheba taking Ben for visits?
(a) She took him for tea and did not tell anyone where she was going.
(b) She told Ben lies about Richard.
(c) She forgot to visit Ben when she said she would.
(d) She was late picking Ben up.
6. What does Pabblem want Barbara to write about?
(a) How to increase school attendance.
(b) How to improve discipline on future field trips.
(c) How to encourage students to participate in after-school activities.
(d) How to improve test scores.
7. What does Steven's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a cab driver.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a doctor.
8. Why does Barbara think Pabblem is being so polite to her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She is about to be in trouble over something.
(b) Pabblem has some extra classes he wants her to teach.
(c) Pabblem must have had a nice weekend.
(d) Pabblem must think she looks attractive.
9. What does Elaine Clifford tell the other teachers about Sheba's teaching?
(a) She curses at the students.
(b) She throws things at the students.
(c) She is an excellent pottery teacher.
(d) She has raised test scores in all of her classes already.
10. How does the "Daily Mirror" describe Sheba in the foreword?
(a) An "irresponsible educator."
(b) A "despicable animal."
(c) A "buxom bombshell."
(d) A "pathetic idiot."
11. What does Steven do outside before Sheba leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) He tries to kiss her.
(b) He fights with Jackie over Sheba.
(c) He hits her.
(d) He calls his mother.
12. Why is the lunch hour extended at school at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Standardized testing day.
(b) Field trip day.
(c) Staff portrait day.
(d) Graduation day.
13. What does Jackie do when he comes up to Sheba's desk during detention?
(a) He tries to look down her shirt.
(b) He tries to kiss her.
(c) He curses at her.
(d) He asks her for her autograph.
14. What description of Sheba swims into Barbara's mind at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) Fey person.
15. What reason does Richard give for wanting Sheba to meet Ben at a particular place?
(a) He does not want to see Barbara.
(b) Ben does not want to go to Sheba's.
(c) It is far away from Steven's home.
(d) It is convenient for him to drop Ben off there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Sheba desperately need in Chapter 8?
2. Where is Sheba teaching?
3. What does Sheba initially tell Barbara about Steven?
4. With whom does Barbara spend her Christmas holiday?
5. Why is Barbara angry later after looking back on Sheba's initial confession?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)