|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guidance counselor tell Richard and Sheba about Polly's behavior?
(a) Polly is too intelligent for regular school.
(b) She is hopeless and should be locked up.
(c) It is caused by a lack of self-esteem.
(d) It is caused by her anger at Ben.
2. Who leaves the gift in Sheba's mailbox in Chapter 2?
3. Where do Sheba and Steven begin their physical relationship?
(a) At Barbara's house, on her porch.
(b) At Steven's house, on the floor beside the bed.
(c) In her pottery studio, behind the kiln.
(d) At school, in the courtyard under the oak tree.
4. What response does Steven give when Sheba asks him about his past romantic encounters?
(a) He was once with someone older than Sheba.
(b) He has not been with anyone else.
(c) He did not want to talk about it.
(d) He has been with five other girls.
5. How do Barbara and Sheba know each other?
(a) Barbara was Sheba's math instructor.
(b) They worked at the same law firm.
(c) Barbara moved in next door to Sheba.
(d) They were both teachers together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sheba refuse to plead guilty in court?
2. What does Elaine Clifford tell the other teachers about Sheba's teaching?
3. What does Steven do outside before Sheba leaves in Chapter 4?
4. What does Barbara wish to speak to Sheba about at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Why does the man in front of Barbara at the grocery store in Chapter 6 get so angry with her?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)