|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of their relationship, according to Barbara, especially fascinated the press?
(a) Steven's other girlfriend.
(b) Their outside meetings.
(c) Sheba's continued relationship with Richard.
(d) Their meetings at Steven's home.
2. What does Barbara suggest Sheba do with her pottery?
(a) Sell it to department stores.
(b) Donate it to the school.
(c) Destroy it in the studio.
(d) Give it to Richard as a peace offering.
3. How long have Barbara and Sheba known each other at the end of the foreword?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two and a half years.
4. What excuse does Steven give his parents for leaving Maldon early?
(a) He had forgotten his books at home.
(b) His friend was sick.
(c) He was not feeling well.
(d) He had a soccer match.
5. What does Sheba initially tell Barbara about Steven?
(a) He is needy and his parents are abusive.
(b) He has followed her home and fought with Richard.
(c) He tried to kiss her and has a crush.
(d) He is angry and disruptive in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara consider to be Steven and Sheba's biggest problem at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. Why does the staff at St. George's think that Sheba is becoming a better teacher?
3. What does Sheba's mother say about being with her children once her husband died?
4. What reason does Steven give for not being nice to Sheba?
5. Why is the lunch hour extended at school at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)