|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Sheba give Barbara for going to see Steven in Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to ask Steven to run away with her.
(b) She wants to make it clear to Steven that their relationship cannot continue.
(c) She wants to work with Steven on his art.
(d) She wants to tell Steven she loves him.
2. Where do Sheba and Steven go on one of their "proper" outings?
(a) The National Portrait Gallery.
(b) A cricket match.
(c) The Abbey Theater.
(d) The Museum of Science.
3. What does Steven tell Sheba about her voice?
(a) She should be on television.
(b) She should have her voice box removed.
(c) Her voice is too scratchy for him to understand.
(d) She should sing an opera.
4. Where does Richard insist that Sheba spend her visits with Ben?
(a) At the lawyer's office.
(b) At the Beckwiths' home.
(c) At Richard's house.
(d) At Barbara's flat.
5. Why is Barbara disappointed over the summer months?
(a) Her summer school assignment is canceled.
(b) Six weeks go by before Sheba contacts her.
(c) She has not heard from Bangs all summer.
(d) Barbara's mother cannot visit over the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheba justify Steven's moodiness when she goes to his house?
2. In Chapter 10, in what way does Barbara acknowledge her friendship with Sheba as being different than her past relationships?
3. What does Sheba do to Steven when he comes to see her at her studio at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Where does Barbara travel to during the summer?
5. Why are Sheba and Steven's encounters in Sheba's pottery studio so risky?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)