|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sheba actually seem to feel remorse, as told by Barbara in the foreword?
(a) She is sorry that she cannot teach anymore.
(b) She is sorry that she did not marry the boy.
(c) She is sorry that she was found out.
(d) She is sorry that Barbara got hurt.
2. What does Steven's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a cab driver.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a teacher.
3. What news does Sue give to Sheba and Barbara?
(a) She is quitting her job.
(b) She is getting a divorce.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is in love with Steven.
4. What does Steven tell Sheba about her voice?
(a) She should be on television.
(b) She should sing an opera.
(c) Her voice is too scratchy for him to understand.
(d) She should have her voice box removed.
5. What does Sheba speak to Barbara about in her studio after their dinner?
(a) The situation involving Steven.
(b) Her problems with Polly.
(c) Her discipline problems at school.
(d) Richard's concern for Sheba's safety at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lila?
2. Why does Mrs. Connelly write a letter to the "Evening Standard?"
3. Who leaves the gift in Sheba's mailbox in Chapter 2?
4. What does Jackie do when he comes up to Sheba's desk during detention?
5. What surprises Barbara about Richard when she first sees him?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)