|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lila?
(a) Richard's new girlfriend who is helping Richard with the children.
(b) Sheba's sister.
(c) An old friend of Sheba's parents whose house is used as a meeting place for Ben and Sheba.
(d) Ben's girlfriend.
2. What do Marjorie and Dave do on Christmas Day?
(a) Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
(b) Visit Barbara's mother.
(c) Attend a concert in Scotland.
(d) Go to the seaside.
3. What does Steven compare Sheba to when she wears makeup to their visit?
(a) A clown.
(b) A model.
(c) A zombie.
(d) An older beauty queen.
4. What does Sheba convince Steven to eat for the first time at the Indian restaurant?
5. What has Sheba been hired to teach at St. George's?
(d) Creative writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Polly not participating in Sheba and Ben's visits?
2. What aspect of their relationship, according to Barbara, especially fascinated the press?
3. What reason does Steven give for not being nice to Sheba?
4. What does Barbara point out as being ironic at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does Steven tell Sheba about her voice?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)