|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara point out as being ironic at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Sheba's involvement with a minor when Barbara was so concerned about Sheba's friendship with Sue.
(b) Steven's interest in pottery because Sheba was a pottery teacher.
(c) Steven's relationship with a student while Sheba was pursuing him.
(d) Barbara's affair with Sheba when Sheba was actually pursuing Steven.
2. What reason does Sheba give Barbara for going to see Steven in Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to work with Steven on his art.
(b) She wants to ask Steven to run away with her.
(c) She wants to tell Steven she loves him.
(d) She wants to make it clear to Steven that their relationship cannot continue.
3. Why is Sheba's affair considered so scandalous?
(a) The boy has Down's Syndrome.
(b) The boy is friends with her husband.
(c) The boy is underage.
(d) The boy is her cousin.
4. For what is Sheba's father famous?
(a) Fiction writing.
(d) Fashion design.
5. What description of Sheba swims into Barbara's mind at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) Fey person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's profession?
2. Why does Barbara believe she is the most qualified to tell Sheba's story?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. Why does Mrs. Connelly write a letter to the "Evening Standard?"
5. What gift does Sheba find in her mailbox in Chapter 2?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)