|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barbara give the last Friday of March a gold star?
(a) She has finally told Richard about the affair.
(b) Barbara receives a promotion at work.
(c) She believes it to be a turning point in her friendship with Sheba.
(d) Sheba and Steven have finally confessed their love for one another.
2. What does Elaine Clifford tell the other teachers about Sheba's teaching?
(a) She has raised test scores in all of her classes already.
(b) She curses at the students.
(c) She is an excellent pottery teacher.
(d) She throws things at the students.
3. Where does Sheba invite Barbara on their way home from lunch in Chapter 6?
(a) To get dessert at the new ice cream shop.
(b) To go shopping for new shoes.
(c) To a movie that evening.
(d) To dinner at her home on Sunday.
4. During the foreword, what does Barbara say that she believes most led to Sheba and Richard's break-up?
(a) The money difficulties.
(b) The media.
(c) The affair.
(d) The children.
5. Where does Sheba tell Richard she is going when she leaves to see Steven in Chapter 5?
(a) To see her old school friend Caitlin.
(b) To have dinner with Barbara.
(c) To take Ben to the movies.
(d) To work at the Homework Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Barbara angry later after looking back on Sheba's initial confession?
2. What does Pabblem want Barbara to write about?
3. Why does Sheba cry when teaching her class?
4. What does Steven tell Sheba about her voice?
5. How does Steven tease Sheba when she tells him not to tell anyone about the affair?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)