|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Barbara make to Sheba before she leaves to go home for the night?
(a) To resign in the morning.
(b) To call Steven's mother right away.
(c) To not tell anyone else about Steven.
(d) To tell Richard everything.
2. After their conversation about his behavior with Jackie, what does Steven do?
(a) Asks Barbara for advice about Sheba.
(b) Helps Sheba clean her studio.
(c) Tells Sheba that he cannot see her again.
(d) Walks Sheba home.
3. What reason does Sheba give Barbara for going to see Steven in Chapter 5?
(a) She wants to ask Steven to run away with her.
(b) She wants to tell Steven she loves him.
(c) She wants to work with Steven on his art.
(d) She wants to make it clear to Steven that their relationship cannot continue.
4. Why is Barbara up late writing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She could not write earlier because she had gone to dinner with Babbs.
(b) She had not felt well earlier and was too sick to write.
(c) She could not write earlier because she had taken Sheba and Ben to a movie.
(d) She could not write earlier because she and Sheba were fighting.
5. Why is Steven unable to take Sheba's pottery class?
(a) He needs to pass algebra.
(b) He has to take a special needs class.
(c) He is very bad at pottery.
(d) He needs a gym credit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Barbara and Sheba known each other at the end of the foreword?
2. What is Richard's profession?
3. What description of Sheba swims into Barbara's mind at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Why is Sheba's affair considered so scandalous?
5. How does the "Mail" describe Steven in Chapter 2?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)