|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheba's son attend a private school?
(a) He has emotional problems.
(b) He is academically gifted.
(c) He has behavior problems.
(d) He has Down's Syndrome.
2. What description of Sheba swims into Barbara's mind at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) Fey person.
3. Why is Sheba's affair considered so scandalous?
(a) The boy has Down's Syndrome.
(b) The boy is underage.
(c) The boy is friends with her husband.
(d) The boy is her cousin.
4. What does Elaine Clifford tell the other teachers about Sheba's teaching?
(a) She curses at the students.
(b) She has raised test scores in all of her classes already.
(c) She throws things at the students.
(d) She is an excellent pottery teacher.
5. What is Steven drawing when Sheba first encounters him?
(a) He is copying an illustration from a department store ad.
(b) He is drawing Ms. Covett.
(c) He is copying an illustration in a comic book.
(d) He is drawing one of the female students.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara first notice Sheba's beauty?
2. Why does Sheba refuse to plead guilty in court?
3. What happens between the two female students that Sheba is supervising in Chapter 2?
4. According to Barbara in Chapter 2, where does Sheba first encounter Steven?
5. Why is Steven unable to take Sheba's pottery class?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)