|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Sheba's family does Barbara thinks provokes jealousy in Sheba?
(a) Polly's youth and beauty.
(b) Richard's love of his children.
(c) Ben's love for Barbara.
(d) The attention Ben receives.
2. What does Barbara believe is causing Polly's behavior?
(a) Her character.
(b) Her resentment of Ben.
(c) Her ugliness.
(d) Her anger at her father.
3. How is Sheba able to call Steven in Chapter 14?
(a) She has Polly call for her.
(b) She asks to speak to Steven's mother first.
(c) She has Barbara call for her.
(d) She pretends she is a friend from school.
4. What does Pabblem want Barbara to write about?
(a) How to encourage students to participate in after-school activities.
(b) How to improve test scores.
(c) How to improve discipline on future field trips.
(d) How to increase school attendance.
5. After their conversation about his behavior with Jackie, what does Steven do?
(a) Asks Barbara for advice about Sheba.
(b) Tells Sheba that he cannot see her again.
(c) Walks Sheba home.
(d) Helps Sheba clean her studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Barbara spend her Christmas holiday?
2. Why does Barbara think Pabblem is being so polite to her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Why does Sheba have to go to Scotland in Chapter 14?
4. What does Barbara bring Sheba in Chapter 9 to help her fill her time?
5. What does Barbara tell Sheba initially about her conversation with Bangs?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)