|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sheba able to call Steven in Chapter 14?
(a) She asks to speak to Steven's mother first.
(b) She has Barbara call for her.
(c) She pretends she is a friend from school.
(d) She has Polly call for her.
2. What does Barbara tell Sheba initially about her conversation with Bangs?
(a) Barbara has fallen in love with Bangs.
(b) Barbara told Bangs about Sheba and Steven's relationship.
(c) Bangs is in love with Sheba.
(d) Barbara suspects that Bangs knows about Sheba and Steven's relationship.
3. Who joins Sheba and Richard for Christmas?
(a) Sheba's mother.
(b) Steven's family.
(d) Richard's ex-wife and two daughters.
4. What does Barbara believe is causing Polly's behavior?
(a) Her ugliness.
(b) Her character.
(c) Her resentment of Ben.
(d) Her anger at her father.
5. What does the guidance counselor tell Richard and Sheba about Polly's behavior?
(a) Polly is too intelligent for regular school.
(b) It is caused by a lack of self-esteem.
(c) She is hopeless and should be locked up.
(d) It is caused by her anger at Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sheba feeling at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Where does Richard want to purchase real estate?
3. What part of Sheba's family does Barbara thinks provokes jealousy in Sheba?
4. What reason does Steven give for not being nice to Sheba?
5. Why does Barbara think Pabblem is being so polite to her at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)