|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin try to do to get his mind off of Sophie?
2. Where do Tessa and Robin go after the others are clearly drunk?
3. What time does Tessa tell Robin to meet the group to celebrate her birthday?
4. What does Robin borrow from his dad in order to play a joke on Dylan?
5. Whose birthday party is Robin invited to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What big event does Robin get invited to by Tessa?
2. Why does Rachel approach Sophie and Robin's lunch table on the day that they wear their new T-shirts?
3. What does Robin do to try to apologize to Sophie for his actions?
4. What does Robin realize as he walks by stores on his date with Tessa?
5. Why does Robin throw up on the ride home from the dorm?
6. What is the first thing the group of college students does in honor of Tessa's birthday?
7. In addition to Sophie not being there, why is Robin upset when he arrives at the art museum on Valentine's Day?
8. How do the other college students react when they find out that Robin is in high school?
9. Is Robin happy that Sophie and Rachel are friends again?
10. Why does Sophie take her shirt off at Robin's house after they have made up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The parents of both Robin and Sophie make an appearance in the book and play roles in the relationship between the teenagers. Robin's parents are supportive of the relationship, while Sophie's mom is not. Do the attitudes of either set of parents impact the relationship between Robin and Sophie? Give examples of how Robin's parents support him and Sophie. Give examples of how Sophie's mom tries to keep the couple from being together.
Essay Topic 2
Pick out a passage from the book and describe how poetry enhances the reading of that passage. What word choices are significant in the theme of the passage? Figure out the meter of the poem and explain how it makes sense for the subject that is being discussed.
Essay Topic 3
The painting of two lovers by Renoir that hangs in the art museum is a favorite of both Robin and Sophie. They meet at the painting over Christmas break and it is the place where the book ends. How is the painting representative of the relationship between Robin and Sophie? Discuss important moments in the text when the painting appears and plays a role. Why was this particular painting chosen by the author?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)