|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie express her feelings about Robin's evasive attitude when she shows up at his house?
2. What does Zak Benson say about Mr. Schultz shirt?
3. What type of all-you-can-eat buffet does the group go to?
4. What does Robin leave in each one of Sophie's classes on Valentine's Day?
5. What computer program do Robin and Sophie use to see how long it will take his parents to get back from Vermont the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What big event does Robin get invited to by Tessa?
2. Why does Rachel approach Sophie and Robin's lunch table on the day that they wear their new T-shirts?
3. What happens when Robin and Tessa go to her bedroom alone?
4. What is Sophie's reaction when she sees Robin and Tessa kissing?
5. In what way do Robin and Sophie finally communicate their feelings towards each other after Robin has tried unsuccessfully to ignore Sophie?
6. How do the other college students react when they find out that Robin is in high school?
7. What does Robin realize as he walks by stores on his date with Tessa?
8. How does Robin react when he spots his two college friends at the art museum?
9. Why is Robin so upset when Sophie decides to go to Bermuda with Rachel for the weekend?
10. What does Robin do to try to apologize to Sophie for his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin experiences what he believes to be his "first love" in Sophie. He is infatuated with her beauty and also drawn to her love for art and determination. Do you think that Robin is truly in love with Sophie? Or does he simply think he is in love because Sophie is the first girl he has ever dated? Explain why you believe Robin is truly in love, or not.
Essay Topic 2
Characters like Zak and Dylan antagonize Robin and Sophie the most for their relationship and could be considered "bullies." Give three examples of how these boys taunt Sophie and Robin. How does the attitude of the other students change towards Zak and Dylan as the book progresses? Why does no one laugh at Zak when he makes a comment about Mr. Schultz's shirt in art class? Are Zak and Dylan jealous, threatened or just mean? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Sophie and Robin take out their aggression towards their classmates by playing recreational games outside of the school setting. Give three examples of these games. How is each game a symbol for the feelings that Sophie and Robin are having towards each other at that moment? How does it symbolize their feelings towards the rest of the world?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)