|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Robin discovers Tessa's true age?
2. What phrase does Robin write on his T-shirt in response to Sophie's phrase?
3. What does Sophie tell Robin about the fact that the kids at school have made up a mean phrase about her?
4. What does Sophie do when Robin refuses to answer his cell phone?
5. In addition to the T-shirts, what else do Robin and Sophie wear to show that they support each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie feel uncomfortable when Robin finally puts his hands up her shirt?
2. Why is Robin so upset when Sophie decides to go to Bermuda with Rachel for the weekend?
3. How does Mr. Schultz react when he sees the homemade T-shirts that Robin and Sophie have made?
4. How do the other college students react when they find out that Robin is in high school?
5. Why does Robin steal his dad's Boston Red Sox baseball cap and put it in a Ziploc bag?
6. In what way do Robin and Sophie finally communicate their feelings towards each other after Robin has tried unsuccessfully to ignore Sophie?
7. What does Robin realize as he walks by stores on his date with Tessa?
8. How does Robin react the second time the attractive model Chelsea poses nude in his college art class?
9. Why does Rachel approach Sophie and Robin's lunch table on the day that they wear their new T-shirts?
10. Why does Robin decide not to call any of his college friends to talk about his problems with Sophie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The entire book is written in various forms of poetry. Why do you believe that the author made this choice? Did you find that reading Robin's story in poetic form made the book more enjoyable or less? Why? How would the book have been different if it had been written in traditional prose?
Essay Topic 2
Sophie's relationship with her friends Rachel and Grace is strained during the book. How does the opinion of her friends effect Sophie's feelings towards Robin? What signs are there in the text that Sophie is more bothered by being shunned by her friends than she lets on? How does the relationship between Sophie and Robin change when Sophie and Rachel reconcile?
Essay Topic 3
Sophie and Robin take out their aggression towards their classmates by playing recreational games outside of the school setting. Give three examples of these games. How is each game a symbol for the feelings that Sophie and Robin are having towards each other at that moment? How does it symbolize their feelings towards the rest of the world?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)