|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel react to seeing the new T-shirts that Robin and Sophie wear to school?
2. What does Sophie tell Robin about the fact that the kids at school have made up a mean phrase about her?
3. Where does Rachel invite Sophie for the weekend?
4. Why does Robin begin to have "impure" thoughts when he goes out for dessert with his classmates after his college art class?
5. What phrase does Sophie write on her T-shirt in permanent marker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie feel uncomfortable when Robin finally puts his hands up her shirt?
2. Why does Robin steal his dad's Boston Red Sox baseball cap and put it in a Ziploc bag?
3. How do the other college students react when they find out that Robin is in high school?
4. What big event does Robin get invited to by Tessa?
5. What is Sophie's reaction when she sees Robin and Tessa kissing?
6. Why does Robin throw up on the ride home from the dorm?
7. What happens when Robin and Tessa go to her bedroom alone?
8. What does Robin notice about the two college women in the group when he goes out for dessert with everyone after class?
9. What does Robin do to try to apologize to Sophie for his actions?
10. How does Robin react when he spots his two college friends at the art museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin is a pessimist in regards to his relationship with Sophie. He lives in constant fear of her dumping him, even though she makes the choice to stay with him on several occasions. Explain why Robin has this attitude. Does his relationship with Sophie change his attitude about himself? What other events in the book help enhance his confidence?
Essay Topic 2
Robin experiences what he believes to be his "first love" in Sophie. He is infatuated with her beauty and also drawn to her love for art and determination. Do you think that Robin is truly in love with Sophie? Or does he simply think he is in love because Sophie is the first girl he has ever dated? Explain why you believe Robin is truly in love, or not.
Essay Topic 3
Tessa's birthday party is a turning point for Robin in the story. Describe the events of the day. What happens when Robin accidentally gets drunk off Jello shots? What secret does Tessa tell Robin in her dorm room? How does Robin change in the course of that day?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)