|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened around the time that other students started using the phrase?
(a) Robin moved to the area.
(b) Robin slipped on a patch of ice in front of his classmates.
(c) Robin peed his pants at school.
(d) Robin got braces.
2. Where does Robin put his hands on Sophie that makes her seem uncomfortable?
(a) Up her shirt.
(b) Between her legs.
(c) On her belly.
(d) On her lower back.
3. Why does Robin avoid his parents when he gets home from school?
(a) Because he knows that they will yell at him for being late.
(b) Because he does not want to answer questions about his day.
(c) Because he is tired and just wants to take a nap.
(d) Because his parents don't want him to date Sophie.
4. Where do the other students write mean things about Sophie?
(a) The art class chalkboard.
(b) The football field.
(c) The bathroom walls at school.
(d) The cafeteria.
5. Who does Robin correctly name as the artist who said, "I don't know anything about music. In my line of business, you don't have to." ?
(d) Bob Dylan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin's college art instructor tell him to do in order to get his drawing to look right?
2. Why does Robin believe that Rachel and Grace did not write the mean things about Sophie?
3. What lyrics are a college girl reciting when he walks into his first college art class?
4. What inspires Robin to make this change?
5. Who flings himself down on his knees, begging Sophie that the news about her and Robin is untrue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin say "I love having an artist for a girlfriend?"
2. Why does Robin believe that neither Rachel or Grace are behind the awful things that are written about Sophie in the girls' bathroom?
3. Describe Robin Murphy's reputation at his high school when the book begins?
4. What do Robin and Sophie do when they hear his parents coming home early from work?
5. What does Robin draw when Mr. Schultz asks the class to draw what mood they are in?
6. Why is Robin nervous before his first college art class?
7. Why are Rachel and Grace so against Sophie dating Robin?
8. Why does Robin have such a strong reaction when he hears elementary kids using the phrase "Don't be such a Murphy?"
9. Why does Sophie say that she likes being an "outlaw?"
10. Why is Robin uncomfortable when he has to draw a naked male model for his art class?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)