|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robin think that Sophie will break up with him after they are back at school?
(a) Because she is bored with him already.
(b) Because she is popular and he is not.
(c) Because she cheated on him.
(d) Because she plans to switch to a different school.
2. What insult does Robin hear Dylan say to Grace when she trips in the hallway?
(a) "Don't be a loser like Sophie."
(b) "Don't be such a Murphy."
(c) "Don't be such a Stein."
(d) "Why don't you just go date Robin?"
3. What meal do Robin's parents make to try to cheer him up?
(b) Chicken noodle soup.
(c) Shrimp kabobs.
4. What song is Robin's parents listening to when he gets home from school?
(a) "Little Surfer Girl" by The Beach Boys.
(b) "Respect" by Aretha Franklin.
(c) "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash.
(d) "Can't Buy Me Love" by The Beatles.
5. Why does Robin say that he can never tell his parents anything?
(a) Because they are great listeners.
(b) Because they are too busy to listen.
(c) Because they tell him to just focus on his schoolwork instead.
(d) Because they just tell at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the many reasons that Sophie's mom gives for coming into the kitchen to check on them?
2. What famous person does Robin that his new look "worked" for?
3. What game does Sophie let loose playing?
4. Why does Sophie cancel her Friday dinner plans with Robin?
5. What does Sophie say about the drawings that Robin shows her from his first art class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Robin sneaks past his parents when he gets home from school in order to avoid them.
2. Why does Sophie's ex-boyfriend Dylan think that the relationship between Robin and Sophie is a joke?
3. What does Sophie say to Rachel and Grace when they corner her in the bathroom and tell her to break up with Robin?
4. Why does Robin say that he feels like he has "won the lottery?"
5. What does Robin do when he sees Sophie walking towards the goal post on the day that he hears his classmates use the phrase "Don't be such a Stein?"
6. How do Robin and Sophie begin dating?
7. Why does Robin decide to grow a beard?
8. Why does Robin believe that neither Rachel or Grace are behind the awful things that are written about Sophie in the girls' bathroom?
9. What tip does Felix give to Robin to help him relax and be able to draw the naked model?
10. Describe Robin Murphy's reputation at his high school when the book begins?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)