|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sophie's friends tell her about how they feel about Robin?
(a) They tell her that they are happy for her and he is a nice guy.
(b) They tell Sophie that Robin cheated on her.
(c) Her friends disapprove of her relationship with Robin.
(d) They call her a "slut."
2. What insult does Robin hear Dylan say to Grace when she trips in the hallway?
(a) "Don't be such a Stein."
(b) "Don't be a loser like Sophie."
(c) "Don't be such a Murphy."
(d) "Why don't you just go date Robin?"
3. How do the other students react to the news that Sophie and Robin are dating?
(a) They throw food at them.
(b) They can't believe Sophie would date Robin.
(c) They want to break them up.
(d) They congratulate them.
4. What artist painted the favorite piece that Sophie and Robin love?
(d) Van Gogh.
5. Who does Robin correctly name as the artist who said, "I don't know anything about music. In my line of business, you don't have to." ?
(c) Bob Dylan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flings himself down on his knees, begging Sophie that the news about her and Robin is untrue?
2. What is Robin's art teacher's name?
3. What object hits Robin when he is kissing Sophie after school?
4. What does Sophie say to Robin after school to reassure him?
5. Where do Sophie and Robin meet after school on the day the other students find out that they are dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that Robin uses humor with Sophie to deflect the tension after he is hit by a snowball?
2. Why does Robin say that he has turned Sophie into more of an outcast than an outlaw?
3. Why does Sophie say that she likes being an "outlaw?"
4. What do Robin and Sophie do when they hear his parents coming home early from work?
5. Describe Sophie Stein's reputation at her high school when the book begins.
6. Why does Sophie's ex-boyfriend Dylan think that the relationship between Robin and Sophie is a joke?
7. How does Robin react to the first model who takes her clothes off in his art class?
8. Why does Robin say that he never asks Sophie to do anything physical, beyond just kissing?
9. What does Robin do when he sees Sophie walking towards the goal post on the day that he hears his classmates use the phrase "Don't be such a Stein?"
10. Why does Robin say that he feels like he has "won the lottery?"
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)