|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, when Sammy asks Al to go out, what excuse does Al give Sammy?
(a) He'd rather watch a movie.
(b) He doesn't have any money.
(c) He says he's reading a good book.
(d) He isn't feeling well.
2. How does Sammy land the job at World-Wide in Hollywood?
(a) He pays his way in.
(b) His agent sold him to the company on the strength of the story.
(c) Al gives him a good recommendation.
(d) He convinces the company he is a good fit.
3. Before he left for Hollywood, what did Sammy tell Rosalie she should do?
(a) Take acting courses.
(b) Quit her job.
(c) Give up all hope.
(d) Go to school.
4. In Chapter One, how does Sammy react when Al says he wants to "bury the hatchet?"
(a) He says he knows where Al would like to bury it.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He doesn't understand what Al is saying.
(d) He tells him he'll forgive him in time.
5. When Sammy asks, what does Al say about the workers at their old office?
(a) They are starving to death.
(b) They all want to be remembered.
(c) They are all proud of him.
(d) They wish he hadn't left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosalie Goldbaum call Al in Chapter Three?
2. In Chapter One, after Al says the world is a race to Sammy, what does he say Sammy is running against?
3. In Chapter Two, what is Al's reaction when Sammy tells him how much they offer for the manuscript?
4. What does Al suggest to Sammy regarding Rosalie?
5. Why is Al surprised by the car Sammy drives?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)