|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what is Al's reaction when Sammy tells him how much they offer for the manuscript?
(a) He takes a deep breath and tells Sammy he knows what he should do.
(b) He rolls his eyes and doesn't say anything.
(c) He says the amount is a disgrace and he would be ashamed to take the offer.
(d) He raises his eyebrows and whistles.
2. When Sammy asks, what does Al say about the workers at their old office?
(a) They are starving to death.
(b) They are all proud of him.
(c) They all want to be remembered.
(d) They wish he hadn't left.
3. In Chapter One, how does Sammy react when Al says he wants to "bury the hatchet?"
(a) He doesn't understand what Al is saying.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He tells him he'll forgive him in time.
(d) He says he knows where Al would like to bury it.
4. In Chapter Two, Al asks Sammy if he is scared when he makes the phone call to sell the manuscript. How does Sammy respond?
(a) Sammy tells Al he got scared as soon as he hung up.
(b) Sammy changes the subject.
(c) Sammy explains to Al that he is never scared of anything.
(d) Sammy closes his eyes and tells Al he poses a good question.
5. What does Sammy promise Julian in Chapter Two?
(a) He will show the manuscript to his agent.
(b) Julian will never be famous.
(c) He will help him re-write the manuscript.
(d) He will help edit the manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Al feel about Sammy helping Julian?
2. At the end of Chapter Two, why does Al stand at the window?
3. What does Rosalie ask of Al in Chapter Three?
4. What is Sammy's next move when Julian leaves his desk in Chapter Two?
5. Why does Rosalie Goldbaum call Al in Chapter Three?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)