|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, when they are talking, how does Billie say she feels about Al?
(a) She thinks of him as a friend.
(b) She thinks he needs to improve his game.
(c) She thinks he is sweet and she likes him.
(d) She is using him to get closer to Sammy.
2. How does Sammy write his scripts?
(a) In his office.
(b) By acting them out and having people add ideas as he acts.
(c) By reading books that inspire him.
(d) Alone at a typewriter.
3. In Chapter Seven, what does Al say he has written a play about?
(a) Hollywood scandals.
(b) His childhood.
(c) What makes Sammy run.
(d) A Rabbi in a town filled with anti-semitism.
4. Before he left for Hollywood, what did Sammy tell Rosalie she should do?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Give up all hope.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Take acting courses.
5. How does Sammy act at the Back Lot in Chapter Four?
(a) He acts assertive and gets his own way.
(b) He is humble and shy.
(c) He sulks the entire night.
(d) He acts as if he's never been out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sammy dressed like when Al goes to see him for the first time in Hollywood?
2. What happens when Al calls Julian regarding Julian's job with Sammy in Chapter Six?
3. How does Sammy instigate Al to come out in Chapter Four?
4. Why is Al having a hard time at work in Chapter Four?
5. In Chapter Two, how does Sammy betray Julian?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)