|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Al and Billie dance, Al begins to dream. What does he say he's dreamed about?
(a) Sammy Glick climbing a rope.
(b) Marrying her.
(c) Driving a steam boat.
(d) Taking a trip together.
2. How does Al feel about Sammy helping Julian?
(a) Excited for Sammy to have the opportunity.
(b) Suspicious of Sammy's motives.
(c) Indifferent towards the situation.
(d) Angry that Julian didn't first approach him.
3. What does Al give to Rosalie after dinner in Chapter Three?
(a) Twenty-five dollars.
(b) A new coat.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A ticket to Hollywood.
4. In Chapter Six, once Julian and Sammy get together in Hollywood, why do they get into an argument?
(a) Sammy accuses Julian of trying to steal his glory.
(b) Sammy tricks Julian into writing another manuscript for him.
(c) They are both in love with the same woman.
(d) Julian threatens to call the police on Sammy.
5. Why does Sammy think Al is unsuccessful in the business?
(a) Because Al doesn't mind his own business.
(b) Because Al doesn't try hard enough.
(c) Al isn't intelligent.
(d) Al is a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sammy react to Al when Al approaches him?
2. How does Sammy know Catherine Sargent?
3. What does Sammy promise Julian in Chapter Two?
4. In Chapter Four, where does Al meet Sammy for their night out?
5. In Chapter Four, Al says Sammy is only capable of one kind of love. What kind of love is it?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)