|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Al mean when he says his own voice is filled with inadequacy?
(a) He is unable to argue with pride.
(b) He is incapable of being creative.
(c) He has lost his voice.
(d) Everything he tries to express is absurd.
2. In Chapter Six, what does Al help Julian with?
(a) Buying a house.
(b) Convincing his wife to write scripts.
(c) Breaking into Sammy's studio and stealing his money.
(d) Approaching Sammy about being unfair.
3. How does Sammy respond when Al confides in him about his problems at work in Chapter Four?
(a) He tells him to go home and get a good rest.
(b) He advices him to kill his new writing partner.
(c) He gives him advice about writing his own treatment.
(d) He tells him he will never get ahead and he should move back to New York.
4. In Chapter Four, when Al asks Billie how she feels about Sammy, how does she respond?
(a) She will always be in love with him, but will never express her love.
(b) She thinks he treats people poorly.
(c) She would never sleep with him.
(d) She doesn't have any feelings for him.
5. When they are talking at lunch, what does Julian confess to Al that Sammy has stolen?
(a) His car.
(b) His wife.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His whole life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al think of Catherine Sargent?
2. What kind of script does Collier ask of Sammy?
3. What does Rosalie ask of Al in Chapter Three?
4. What is Sammy dressed like when Al goes to see him for the first time in Hollywood?
5. How does Al feel about sharing a cubicle with Sammy?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)