|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sammy act at the Back Lot in Chapter Four?
(a) He acts as if he's never been out.
(b) He acts assertive and gets his own way.
(c) He is humble and shy.
(d) He sulks the entire night.
2. In Chapter Six, once Julian and Sammy get together in Hollywood, why do they get into an argument?
(a) Julian threatens to call the police on Sammy.
(b) They are both in love with the same woman.
(c) Sammy accuses Julian of trying to steal his glory.
(d) Sammy tricks Julian into writing another manuscript for him.
3. What happens when Al calls Julian regarding Julian's job with Sammy in Chapter Six?
(a) Sammy answers the phone and takes all of the credit for offering Julian a job.
(b) The phone has been disconnected.
(c) Julian couldn't handle the pressure and moved back to New York.
(d) Julian's wife answers and tells Al she is leaving him for good.
4. In Chapter Four, what conclusion does Al come to about his friendship with Sammy?
(a) Al thinks of Sammy as his best friend and his worst enemy.
(b) He will always look up to him.
(c) Sammy is to unpredictable and hard to get along with.
(d) He will never fully know Sammy or understand him.
5. Why do people believe Sammy's lies?
(a) He lacks social grace, but manages to charm people.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is confident.
(d) His good looks fool people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sammy instigate Al to come out in Chapter Four?
2. Why does Al go to see Kit in Chapter Six?
3. What is Al's impression of Rosalie when the two meet for dinner in Chapter Three?
4. Why do Julian and his wife want to go to Hollywood?
5. What kind of script does Collier ask of Sammy?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)