|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty get out of the cabinet when she gets home?
2. Where has Patty gone at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What does Jamie say Patty does in record time?
4. What does Patty try to break the ice with?
5. Why does Earl say he has come to the trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Desrochers help Jamie with a Christmas present?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. How does Mrs. Desrochers respond to Patty's defensiveness?
4. How do Jamie and Patty spend Saturday?
5. How does Mrs. Desrochers support Jamie and his mother?
6. How does Patty act on the drive home?
7. In what is it a good thing that Patty and Jamie confronted each other in chapter six?
8. How does Jamie hide himself and Nin from Van?
9. How do Jamie and Patty spend the week?
10. How does Earl teach Jamie how to ice skate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mrs. Desrochers help Patty and her children? What does the way she deals with them say about her abilities as a teacher?
Essay Topic 2
How does Patty react to seeing Van in the trailer? Does Patty react in the right way?
Essay Topic 3
What is Jamie's first reaction to seeing Van throw Nin across the room? How does Jamie's mother's reaction effect his own feelings about the incident?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)