|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people sees Jamie and his mother duck behind the snowcone stand?
(a) Mrs. Jackson.
(b) Mr. Dennis.
(c) Miss. Benson.
(d) Mrs. Desrochers.
2. What does Jamie think his mother needs for Christmas?
(a) A computer.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A car and a bed.
(d) A pair of slippers.
3. What is Patty's opinion of Mrs. Desrochers?
(a) She is a busybody.
(b) She is a nasty person.
(c) She is a strange person.
(d) She is a good person.
4. What does Mrs. Desrochers suggest Jamie give his mother for Christmas?
(a) A cactus.
(b) A fish.
(c) A pair of slippers.
(d) A CD.
5. What makes Jamie's teeth clatter while skating on the pond?
(a) Bumpy patches.
(b) Earl's bad jokes.
(c) The wind.
(d) The cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Desrochers make Jamie jump?
2. How does Jamie like to entertain his sister?
3. What are clinging to Earl's beard and mustache?
4. What does Patty tell Jamie to do?
5. How does Jamie find he can change direction when skating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Desrochers respond to Patty's defensiveness?
2. How does Earl teach Jamie how to ice skate?
3. How does Mrs. Desrochers support Jamie and his mother?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. Why doesn't Patty want to talk on the way back home with Jamie?
6. How does Mrs. Desrochers help Jamie with a Christmas present?
7. What problems does Patty have at the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. What does Jamie fantasize in Chapter 7?
9. How does the novel end?
10. How do Jamie and Patty spend the week?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)