|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jamie feel sorry for Van?
(a) He is going to jail.
(b) He is about to cry.
(c) No one wants him.
(d) He has no money.
2. Why can't Patty start her car?
(a) It has run out of petrol.
(b) She has lost the keys.
(c) It's too cold.
(d) The car is too old.
3. How does Jamie like to entertain his sister?
(a) With funny faces.
(b) With loud burps.
(c) With magic tricks.
(d) With funny noises.
4. Why does Jamie's teacher say she is worried about him?
(a) People have seen Patty hit him.
(b) He is always crying in class.
(c) He is missing too much school.
(d) He has no social skills.
5. What does Jamie compare learning to skate to?
(a) Learning to walk.
(b) Learning to cook.
(c) Learning to ride a bike.
(d) Learning to drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie describe the atmosphere on the drive home?
2. Which of the following people sees Jamie and his mother duck behind the snowcone stand?
3. What does Patty yell at Jamie for doing?
4. Where does Jamie hide Nin?
5. What does Jamie do to his mother when she gets him safely back to the trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie show his anger in Chapter 7?
2. Summarize Chapter 9.
3. Why does Van leave?
4. What does Jamie think of Van when he sees him again in the final chapter?
5. How does Patty react when she sees Van's truck?
6. How do Jamie and Patty spend the week?
7. How does Earl help Patty in Chapter 9?
8. How does Patty act on the drive home?
9. How does Earl teach Jamie how to ice skate?
10. How does Mrs. Desrochers help Jamie with a Christmas present?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)