|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jamie stop Van from going into the bedroom?
(a) He loads his gun.
(b) He grabs a knife.
(c) He locks the door.
(d) He steps into the hall.
2. What problems does the ice cause Patty?
(a) It freezes the waterpipes.
(b) It freezes her car engine.
(c) It seals the trailer door shut.
(d) It freezes the cornflakes.
3. Why does Jamie feel sorry for Van?
(a) He is going to jail.
(b) He is about to cry.
(c) No one wants him.
(d) He has no money.
4. What does Jamie think his mother sounds like when she apologizes to him?
(a) A monster.
(b) The mean Patty.
(c) The real Patty.
(d) An angel.
5. How does Jamie like to entertain his sister?
(a) With magic tricks.
(b) With funny noises.
(c) With loud burps.
(d) With funny faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie want for Christmas?
2. Who visits the trailer on Monday?
3. Where does Jamie hide Nin?
4. Why does Jamie's teacher say she is worried about him?
5. Where has Patty gone at the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patty react to Jamie breaking the car handle?
2. Why is Mrs. Desrochers so concerned about Jamie?
3. How does Patty calm Jamie down?
4. What does Jamie remember about the waiter?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. Describe the argument between Patty and Jamie in this section?
7. How does Patty act on the drive home?
8. How does Jamie's success at the carnival effect his mood?
9. How do Jamie and Patty spend the week?
10. How does Patty react when she sees Van's truck?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)