|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Jamie's teeth clatter while skating on the pond?
(a) Earl's bad jokes.
(b) The cold.
(c) The wind.
(d) Bumpy patches.
2. What does Patty say her family has hit a spell of recently?
(a) Black magic.
(b) Bad karma.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Stormy weather.
3. What does Patty tell Jamie to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Wait in the car.
(c) Walk towards the school with Nin.
(d) Run towards the woods.
4. Which of the following people don't survive the bomb?
5. What does Jamie break in the car on the way back home from the restaurant?
(a) The car window.
(b) The car door handle.
(c) The car radio.
(d) The car tape deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earl tell Jamie at the end of their skating session?
2. Where does Jamie hide Nin?
3. Where do Earl and Jamie go skating?
4. Who does Van call for when he gets to the trailer?
5. Why does Jamie's teacher say she is worried about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. Describe the argument between Patty and Jamie in this section?
3. How does Mrs. Desrochers help Jamie with a Christmas present?
4. What does Jamie remember about the waiter?
5. How does Jamie hide himself and Nin from Van?
6. Why does Van leave?
7. How does Jamie react when his mother disappears down the road?
8. How does Patty act on the drive home?
9. How does Patty calm Jamie down?
10. Why is Mrs. Desrochers so concerned about Jamie?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)