|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie say Patty does in record time?
(a) Puts Nin to bed.
(b) Drives home.
(c) Gets Nin from Agnes' house.
(d) Cooks dinner.
2. Where has Patty gone at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Agnes' house.
(b) Earl's house.
(c) The store.
(d) The market.
3. How does Patty react when she sees Van's truck?
(a) She turns around and drives away.
(b) She begins screaming for help.
(c) She smashes Van's truck.
(d) She runs for the trailer.
4. What does Jamie do in the bathroom?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He cries.
(c) He takes a shower.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. What does Jamie think the car feels like on the way back home?
(a) Small and claustrophobic.
(b) Dark and cavernous.
(c) Big and fearful.
(d) Fun and playful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamie feel sorry for Van?
2. What was Earl's job in the world destroyed by the bomb?
3. What does Patty say her family has hit a spell of recently?
4. Why does Jamie kick Nin's drawer?
5. When does Patty say she will catch up with Jamie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. How does Patty answer Jamie's question at the end of this section?
3. How do Jamie and Patty spend the week?
4. In what is it a good thing that Patty and Jamie confronted each other in chapter six?
5. How does Patty calm Jamie down?
6. How does Earl teach Jamie how to ice skate?
7. Summarize Chapter 9.
8. What problems does Patty have at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. Why is Mrs. Desrochers so concerned about Jamie?
10. How does the novel end?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)