|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie talk his mother out of doing?
(a) Talking to his teacher.
(b) Phoning in sick.
(c) Phoning Van.
(d) Taking Nin to the carnival.
2. What was Nin's crying the sound of in Jamie's dream?
(a) A dog's bark.
(c) A siren.
(d) A cheer.
3. How does Jamie think he can keep Nin happy while his mother finishes her breakfast?
(a) By tickling her feet.
(b) By dangling things in her face.
(c) By making faces.
(d) By singing to her.
4. What is the name of Earl's ex-wife?
5. What does Jamie play with his mother while Nin sleeps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of air does the author say encases them as they walk outside?
2. How does the author describe Van's posture after he throws Nin?
3. What does Earl say he will make for Patty when she first enters the house?
4. What does Jamie figure is already over at school?
5. What is the only reason Nin isn't badly hurt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamie recall about Van and Chapter 3?
2. What are the alternatives to staying in the trailer?
3. How does Patty reassure Jamie?
4. How does Jamie persuade Patty to take him to the carnival?
5. What is Jamie thinking as he waits for his mother in the car?
6. How does Patty calm Jamie down at the beginning of the chapter?
7. In what way is Earl the perfect person for Patty to have gone to for help?
8. Why is Jamie happy that Nin will be sleeping in the bureau drawer?
9. What is Jamie's last memory of Van?
10. What does Jamie see at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)