|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie think the worm keeps him as skinny as?
(a) A pole.
(b) A fence post.
(c) A rail.
(d) A plank.
2. What kind of toy does Jamie win on the ring game?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A toy car.
3. Why does Jamie think the bureau drawer is the perfect crib for Nin?
(a) They can close it if she cries.
(b) It is strong enough to hold her weight.
(c) They can close it if Van comes.
(d) It saves room.
4. What does Jamie feel he is inside of when he enters the trailer?
(a) A spaceship.
(b) An airbase.
(c) A hollowed out bullet.
(d) A movie trailer.
5. What did Earl brag to Patty that he could heat the trailer with?
(a) A match.
(b) A torch.
(c) A gas burner.
(d) A log fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign at the gun stall say?
2. What does Jamie worry his mother has forgotten?
3. What kind of animal does Jamie hope they can sit like in the trailer?
4. What is Jamie's surname?
5. What does Jamie say is a funny squirrelly thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamie happy that Nin will be sleeping in the bureau drawer?
2. What do Patty and Jamie talk about when Earl goes to work?
3. How did Jamie get his magic book?
4. What is Jamie thinking as he waits for his mother in the car?
5. How does Earl calm Jamie down at the end of this section?
6. In what way is Earl the perfect person for Patty to have gone to for help?
7. How does Patty reassure Jamie?
8. How does Patty react to what Van does?
9. Why doesn't Earl think it is not a good idea for Patty to stay in the trailer?
10. What does Jamie see at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)