|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jamie wish Earl was?
(a) His mum's boyfriendd.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
2. What does Jamie play with his mother while Nin sleeps?
3. What does Jamie figure is already over at school?
(c) Maths class.
(d) French class.
4. What was Jamie doing before Van threw Nin out of her cot?
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Doing his homework.
(d) Practising magic.
5. What does Earl do in the afternoon?
(c) Plays cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jamie and his mother do when Earl comes back from work?
2. What is the inside of Earl's trailer as cold as?
3. How does the author describe the atmosphere immediately after Patty catches Nin?
4. What lesson did Jamie sleep through?
5. What kind of magic do the most skilled magicians perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Patty and Jamie talk about when Earl goes to work?
2. What does Jamie fantasize about Earl?
3. How does Jamie make Patty angry in this section?
4. What games does Jamie play at the carnival?
5. How does Earl calm Jamie down at the end of this section?
6. How does Earl help Jamie forget his situation at the beginning of this section?
7. How does Jamie persuade Patty to take him to the carnival?
8. What are the alternatives to staying in the trailer?
9. What is Jamie thinking as he waits for his mother in the car?
10. Summarize Chapter 4.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)