|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the inside of Earl's trailer as cold as?
(a) The North Pole.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) The South Pole.
(d) A freezer.
2. Why does Jamie think Earl is glad to be around Patty?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) She creates adventure.
(c) He has no other friends.
(d) She makes him feel safe.
3. What does Patty put her hand up like when Earl answers the door?
(a) Like she is saying an Indian hello.
(b) Like she is stopping traffic.
(c) Like she is preventing someone from entering a club.
(d) Like she is shielding her eyes.
4. Who does Jamie wish Earl was?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mum's boyfriendd.
5. What do lesser magicians rely on?
(b) Sleight of hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie think he can keep Nin happy while his mother finishes her breakfast?
2. What does Patty use for Nin's bed?
3. What does the author say turns scared when Earl opens the door?
4. How does the author describe Van's posture after he throws Nin?
5. What does Jamie see little mountains of as he steps outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Agnes and what is her role in the story?
2. Why does Jamie get scared in this section?
3. Why does Jamie think it is okay if he doesn't go to school?
4. What does Jamie see at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Jamie persuade Patty to take him to the carnival?
6. How does Patty scare Jamie in this section?
7. What is Jamie's last memory of Van?
8. Summarize Chapter 4.
9. How does Patty react to what Van does?
10. How does Patty reassure Jamie?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)