|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Desrochers leave behind?
(a) Her bookbag.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her gloves.
2. How does Jamie get Van to come into the apartment?
(a) Tells him his favorite TV show is about to start.
(b) Offers to show him a magic trick.
(c) Offers to make a coffee.
(d) Pulls out a gun.
3. How does Jamie stop Van from going into the bedroom?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He steps into the hall.
(c) He grabs a knife.
(d) He loads his gun.
4. Why does Jamie feel sorry for Van?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He is about to cry.
(c) No one wants him.
(d) He is going to jail.
5. What does Patty carry Jamie back to the trailer like?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A Hollywood actress.
(c) A wounded animal.
(d) A baby.
6. What does Patty say they will be doing for the rest of their lives if they don't get over Van?
(a) Living in the trailer.
(b) Hiding in the bureau.
(c) Vomiting in the bathroom.
(d) Drinking in the closet.
7. What does Jamie think his mother needs for Christmas?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A pair of slippers.
(c) A car and a bed.
(d) A computer.
8. How does Jamie offer to help his mother in this section?
(a) He offers to look under the hood.
(b) He offers to do one of his magic tricks.
(c) He offers to phone Earl.
(d) He offer to push the car.
9. What does Jamie do in the bathroom?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He takes a shower.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He cries.
10. Where does Jamie hide?
(a) In the fridge.
(b) In the cupboard.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Under the trailer.
11. How does Jamie like to entertain his sister?
(a) With funny faces.
(b) With funny noises.
(c) With loud burps.
(d) With magic tricks.
12. What makes Jamie's teeth clatter while skating on the pond?
(a) Earl's bad jokes.
(b) The cold.
(c) Bumpy patches.
(d) The wind.
13. What pointers does Earl give Jamie to help him skate?
(a) Relax and bend your knees.
(b) Move like you are running.
(c) Close your eyes and tense your muscles.
(d) Open your eyes and enjoy yourself.
14. What has Earl bought Jamie for Christmas?
(a) A skate board.
(b) A computer.
(c) A pair of skates.
(d) A teddy bear.
15. Which of the following people sees Jamie and his mother duck behind the snowcone stand?
(a) Mr. Dennis.
(b) Miss. Benson.
(c) Mrs. Jackson.
(d) Mrs. Desrochers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people don't survive the bomb?
2. What does Jamie do every Tuesday afternoon?
3. What does Jamie imagine everyone on Earth has been killed by?
4. What does Mrs. Desrochers suggest Jamie give his mother for Christmas?
5. What is Patty's opinion of Mrs. Desrochers?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)