|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie do to his mother when she gets him safely back to the trailer?
(a) Bites her.
(b) Spits at her.
(c) Kicks her.
(d) Scratches her.
2. Which of the following people sees Jamie and his mother duck behind the snowcone stand?
(a) Mrs. Jackson.
(b) Mr. Dennis.
(c) Miss. Benson.
(d) Mrs. Desrochers.
3. How does Jamie find he can change direction when skating?
(a) By leaning in the direction he wants to go in.
(b) By jumping in the direstion he wants to go in.
(c) By turning his body in the right direction.
(d) By thinking which direction he wants to go in.
4. Why can't Patty start her car?
(a) She has lost the keys.
(b) It's too cold.
(c) The car is too old.
(d) It has run out of petrol.
5. How does Jamie react when Patty breaks the plate?
(a) He threatens his mother with a knife.
(b) He kicks his mother.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He runs out of the trailer.
6. Who does Patty think she spots at the carnival?
7. What does Jamie break in the car on the way back home from the restaurant?
(a) The car tape deck.
(b) The car door handle.
(c) The car window.
(d) The car radio.
8. What does Jamie do every Tuesday afternoon?
(a) He goes out running.
(b) He visits his father.
(c) He stays with Mrs. Desrochers.
(d) He goes to biible classes.
9. Why does Jamie kick Nin's drawer?
(a) To see if it hides her.
(b) To annoy his mother.
(c) To hurt Nin.
(d) To practise his karate.
10. What are clinging to Earl's beard and mustache?
(a) Ice crystals.
(c) Drops of milk.
11. How does Patty react when she sees Van's truck?
(a) She begins screaming for help.
(b) She smashes Van's truck.
(c) She runs for the trailer.
(d) She turns around and drives away.
12. Where has Patty planned a shopping visit to?
13. Why does Van leave the trailer?
(a) Nin begins crying.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) Patty tells him to go.
(d) He senses Jamie's unease.
14. What does Jamie try to talk to his mother about?
(a) The stuffed animal he won for Nin.
(b) His shooting ability.
(c) Her beautiful new dress.
(d) His latest magic trick.
15. Why does Earl say he has come to the trailer?
(a) He wants to get his toolbox.
(b) He wants to talk with Patty.
(c) He has come to give Jamie his present.
(d) He wants to take the family out for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie like to entertain his sister?
2. Whose truck does Jamie see coming up the road?
3. How does Jamie get Van to come into the apartment?
4. Where has Patty gone at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What does Jamie want for Christmas?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)