|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jamie want his mother to take him to in this chapter?
(a) The Groveton Christmas Carnival
(b) The magic Covention.
(c) The Riley Science Fair.
(d) The Stark Fair.
2. What is the name of Jamie's sister?
3. What do lesser magicians rely on?
(d) Sleight of hand.
4. What strikes Jamie about the trailer more than the temperature?
(a) The mess.
(b) The size.
(c) The decorations.
(d) The emptiness.
5. How does the author describe the atmosphere immediately after Patty catches Nin?
(a) Dead calm.
(b) Dead quiet.
6. How does the author describe Van's posture after he throws Nin?
7. What does Earl do in the afternoon?
(c) Plays cards.
8. Why doesn't Jamie feel scared when he stands outside?
(a) It is too cold to feel.
(b) Van looks ashamed.
(c) The horror is inside.
(d) He is excited about seeing Earl.
9. What does the man at the shooting gallery ask Jamie?
(a) Can you shoot straight.
(b) How many bullets.
(c) You going be able to handle that son.
(d) You think you're a man.
10. What is the inside of Earl's trailer as cold as?
(a) A freezer.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) The North Pole.
(d) The South Pole.
11. Why does Jamie think the bureau drawer is the perfect crib for Nin?
(a) It is strong enough to hold her weight.
(b) They can close it if Van comes.
(c) It saves room.
(d) They can close it if she cries.
12. What does Patty tell Jamie to do as he is getting dressed?
(a) To sing.
(b) To slow down.
(c) To speed up.
(d) To dress properly.
13. What does Jamie think is the perfect thing to do next?
(a) Have a bath.
(b) Go skating.
(c) Watch a film.
(d) Get his magic book.
14. What does Jamie shoot across the room as fast as when his mother calls him?
(a) A Ferrari.
(b) A Jaguar.
(c) Di Maggio batting him over.
(d) Van throwing him.
15. What kind of air does the author say encases them as they walk outside?
(a) Frigid winter air.
(b) Mild spring air.
(c) Still autumn air.
(d) Summer oven air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty tell Jamie they are celebrating when she takes him to the carnival?
2. How does Patty say she knows Earl?
3. What is the name of Earl's ex-wife?
4. What kind of vehicle does Earl own?
5. What peak does the trailer stand at the base of?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)