|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jamie think he can keep Nin happy while his mother finishes her breakfast?
(a) By tickling her feet.
(b) By singing to her.
(c) By dangling things in her face.
(d) By making faces.
2. Where does Jamie want his mother to take him to in this chapter?
(a) The magic Covention.
(b) The Groveton Christmas Carnival
(c) The Stark Fair.
(d) The Riley Science Fair.
3. What does Jamie figure is already over at school?
(a) Maths class.
(d) French class.
4. What does Earl suggest Jamie can use the pond for?
(d) A skating rink.
5. What does Jamie say he still pictures?
(a) Patty smoking a cigarette whilst holding Nin.
(b) Van standing by the crib hanging his head.
(c) Van throwing Nin across the room.
(d) Earl smiling down at him.
6. What does Jamie say his mother is wrapping him up like?
(a) A breakable object.
(b) A Christmas present.
(c) Broken glass.
(d) An unwanted toy.
7. How does the author describe the atmosphere immediately after Patty catches Nin?
(b) Dead calm.
(d) Dead quiet.
8. What is the name of Earl's ex-wife?
9. What does Jamie feel he is inside of when he enters the trailer?
(a) A spaceship.
(b) A movie trailer.
(c) A hollowed out bullet.
(d) An airbase.
10. What do Jamie and his mother eat at the carnival?
(b) Hot dogs.
(d) Cheese toasties.
11. How does the author describe Van's posture after he throws Nin?
12. What does Earl say he will make for Patty when she first enters the house?
13. What kind of car does Jamie's mother own?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A Plymouth.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Chevy.
14. What is Earl making for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 3?
15. What kind of magic do the most skilled magicians perform?
(a) Card tricks.
(b) Audience magic.
(d) Silent magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign at the gun stall say?
2. How does the author describe Patty's words as she calls Jamie over?
3. What does Patty put her hand up like when Earl answers the door?
4. Why does Jamie think his mother left Van?
5. What does Jamie think the worm keeps him as skinny as?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)