|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty put her hand up like when Earl answers the door?
(a) Like she is shielding her eyes.
(b) Like she is preventing someone from entering a club.
(c) Like she is stopping traffic.
(d) Like she is saying an Indian hello.
2. What do Jamie and his mother eat at the carnival?
(b) Hot dogs.
(c) Cheese toasties.
3. How does Jamie think he can keep Nin happy while his mother finishes her breakfast?
(a) By making faces.
(b) By tickling her feet.
(c) By singing to her.
(d) By dangling things in her face.
4. What word does the author use to describe Earl's bathroom?
5. What does Patty tell Jamie to do as he is getting dressed?
(a) To slow down.
(b) To speed up.
(c) To sing.
(d) To dress properly.
6. How does Patty say she knows Earl?
(a) They grew up together.
(b) They worked together.
(c) They went to the same university.
(d) They attended the same AA meetings.
7. What does Patty ask Jamie if he has seen lying around the trailer?
(a) Baby pictures.
(c) Envelopes with dollar bills.
(d) Emergency telephone numbers.
8. What did Earl brag to Patty that he could heat the trailer with?
(a) A torch.
(b) A gas burner.
(c) A log fire.
(d) A match.
9. What does Jamie say his mother is wrapping him up like?
(a) A breakable object.
(b) An unwanted toy.
(c) A Christmas present.
(d) Broken glass.
10. What does Jamie shoot across the room as fast as when his mother calls him?
(a) Di Maggio batting him over.
(b) Van throwing him.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A Ferrari.
11. What does Jamie say is a funny squirrelly thing?
12. What does Jamie feel like his body is going to start to do?
(a) Shrink to midget size.
(b) Suck up into the ceiling.
(c) Disappear into the heavens.
(d) Hop away from him.
13. What does Jamie see sticking out from the top of his pillowcase?
(a) His cowboy hat.
(b) His magic box.
(c) His baseball cap.
(d) His tennis shoes.
14. Why did Jamie and his family leave their home?
(a) Jamie's mother found a better job.
(b) Jamie was accused of something he didn't do.
(c) Van tried to throw his sister across the room.
(d) His mother's boyfriend was stalking them.
15. Where will Patty sleep in the trailer?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) On the mattress in the hallway.
(c) On the reclining chair.
(d) On the mattress in the back room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of day does Patty say it is the next morning?
2. What do Jamie and his mother do when Earl comes back from work?
3. What is the pond shaped like?
4. Why does Jamie think his mother left Van?
5. What kind of air does the author say encases them as they walk outside?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)