Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What does Jamie see at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Van react to what he has done?
3. How does Patty react to what Van does?
4. How does Patty reassure Jamie?
5. What is Jamie thinking as he waits for his mother in the car?
6. What is Jamie's opinion of Van?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
7. How does Patty calm Jamie down at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 643 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)