|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many decades did Marlantes have flashbacks from the war that affected him emotionally?
2. When was the Viking poem written that Marlantes quoted in Chapter Four?
3. Where was Zoomer injured?
4. What was the name of Marlantes' German shepherd?
5. What weapon did the NVA soldier referenced in question 76 have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose death did Marlantes particularly remember?
2. What did Marlantes say about his spiritual condition in 1968?
3. What inattention to detail in 1968 made Marlantes feel guilty?
4. How was Marlantes' grandfather injured?
5. Why did Marlantes say that war is the antithesis of a fundamental rule of moral conduct?
6. What were some of the toughest bombing assignments in the history of air warfare?
7. What response would people who actually fought and won battles have?
8. Why was the 1970s therapy group that Marlantes attended a damaging experience?
9. In 1968 when Marlantes was in charge of an undermanned platoon, how did he and his men guide a helicopter team in to rescue the wounded?
10. What side did Marlantes believe there was that men tried to deny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Nine, Marlantes said that warriors needed to be prepared before and after war to come home. Discuss how Marlantes believed that warriors should have been prepared to come home.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Ten, Marlantes stated that the Club's membership requirement of silence needed to be rescinded. Discuss the requirement of silence and why it should have been rescinded.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter Eight, Marlantes discussed heroism. Discuss heroes and heroism
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)