|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years passed after Philoctetes was exiled did someone come to get his weapon?
2. How far apart was each pair of Scouts dropped off?
(a) About 1 mile.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) About a half a mile.
(d) 1/4 mile.
3. What was the name of Marlantes' first love?
4. Where did President Johnson give a speech in September 1967?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) El Paso.
(d) New York City.
5. How old was Lance Corporal Steel?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Nine, what street was Marlantes walking down?
2. How long after Marlantes joined the Marines did he consider leaving college and fighting in Vietnam?
3. Where was Marlantes headed in 1967 when he heard President Johnson give a speech?
4. What was Marlantes driving in 1967 when he heard President Johnson give a speech?
5. In the bush, what was usually the oldest age of the officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, Marlantes heard someone screaming as he and his men moved toward the NVA. Why was the man screaming?
2. How did Marlantes describe Maree Ann when he knew her in high school?
3. In 1967, what did President Johnson talk about in a speech he made in El Paso?
4. Describe the conditions for Marlantes' company at the beginning of Chapter Eight.
5. Describe the injuries of the three who fell off the ledge of a cliff in Chapter 7.
6. What did Marlantes do after he decided to leave college?
7. What did Niemi do and why when a helicopter went down?
8. For what did Marlantes believe the Vietnam War would be infamous?
9. How did Marlantes part from Meg?
10. How did the gunner Prairie Dog get his nickname?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)