|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favorite place did Marlantes and his parents go after he came home?
(a) Cortes Island.
(b) British Columbia.
(c) Vancouver Island.
2. What was the name of Marlantes' friend from his secret society at Yale who helped him adjust to coming home?
3. In Chapter Eight, what was the name of the missing kid who helped in the assault that Marlantes and the others made up the hill?
4. Where did President Johnson give a speech in September 1967?
(b) El Paso.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how far were the scorekeepers from the lance corporal?
(a) 50 kilometers.
(b) 15 kilometers.
(c) 5 kilometers.
(d) 25 kilometers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marlantes' helicopter landed in Chapter Eight, how far where they from the DMZ?
2. What author captured the wonderful bragging of the old-time flatboat men?
3. How long before he was discharged, did Marlantes board a train for New York?
4. When did Marlantes join the Marine Corps?
5. Who did Philoctetes go to battle against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would a warrior have to do to avoid the lie of two minds?
2. When Marlantes learned that superior officers hated to chew him out because of all his medals, what did he do?
3. How could an individual in the military of a Western democracy have had freedom to disobey orders?
4. For what did Marlantes believe the Vietnam War would be infamous?
5. How did Marlantes describe a deliberate lie?
6. When did Marlantes' father start to talk about his war experiences?
7. In Chapter Eight, why did Marlantes order Utter not to go through some cut brush?
8. How did Marlantes get Utter down the hill?
9. Describe the conditions for Marlantes' company at the beginning of Chapter Eight.
10. What did Niemi do and why when a helicopter went down?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)