|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters did Marlantes have?
2. How long was Marlantes' arrival home delayed because he contracted NSU?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. Who did Philoctetes go to battle against?
4. What college was Marlantes driving companion in 1967 going to attend?
5. What was the rank of the officer who told Marlantes to clean up his act?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bow did the warrior Philoctetes carry?
2. What author captured the wonderful bragging of the old-time flatboat men?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how far were the scorekeepers from the lance corporal?
4. In Chapter Eight, the second time that Marlantes charged up a hill, what hit him?
5. What was the name of Marlantes' first love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could an individual in the military of a Western democracy have had freedom to disobey orders?
2. What moral conflict did Marlantes and his friend struggle with in 1967?
3. In Chapter Eight, Marlantes heard someone screaming as he and his men moved toward the NVA. Why was the man screaming?
4. What would a warrior have to do to avoid the lie of two minds?
5. When Marlantes learned that superior officers hated to chew him out because of all his medals, what did he do?
6. In Chapter Eight, why did Marlantes order Utter not to go through some cut brush?
7. What was the meaning of the battlefield myth that the enemy tied wire around themselves so they wouldn't bleed so fast?
8. When did Marlantes' father start to talk about his war experiences?
9. Describe the injuries of the three who fell off the ledge of a cliff in Chapter 7.
10. Describe Marlantes' Scout survival training?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)