|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Nine, what street was Marlantes walking down?
(a) J Sreet.
(b) L Sreet.
(c) K Street.
(d) M Sreet.
2. Who wrote "The True Believer."
(a) Eric Hoffer.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Martin Luther King Jr.
3. What was the name of Marlantes' friend from his secret society at Yale who helped him adjust to coming home?
4. How many scout leaders met the boys when they made it back to the rendezvous point?
5. How far apart was each pair of Scouts dropped off?
(a) About a half a mile.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) About 1 mile.
(d) 1/4 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of trees covered the ridges where Marlantes and his fellow Scouts did their survival training?
2. In Chapter Seven, what were an executive officer and a platoon commander bargaining over?
3. In front of how many witnesses did P-Dog drop a joint on the floor?
4. How many years passed after Philoctetes was exiled did someone come to get his weapon?
5. What was the name of the private in Chapter Six who crawled over with Kool-Aid stains around his mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the gunner Prairie Dog get his nickname?
2. How did Marlantes part from Meg?
3. In Chapter Nine, what greeted Marlantes when he walked down the street?
4. How did Marlantes describe Maree Ann when he knew her in high school?
5. For what did Marlantes believe the Vietnam War would be infamous?
6. What did Marlantes do after he decided to leave college?
7. What was the meaning of the battlefield myth that the enemy tied wire around themselves so they wouldn't bleed so fast?
8. What would a warrior have to do to avoid the lie of two minds?
9. Why was lying about kills prevalent in Vietnam?
10. In 1967, what did President Johnson talk about in a speech he made in El Paso?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)