|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Joseph Henderson when he died?
2. When did the U.S. first bomb Libya?
3. After a night of drinking and drugs, what bridge would Marlantes watch undulate like a sine wave?
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Arlington Memorial.
(d) George Washington.
4. In Chapter Four, how many men did Marlantes' take with him to assess how his platoon was doing?
5. After Marlantes had been in Vietnam about a year and was assigned to be an air observer, how many feet off the ground did the observation plane fly?
(b) About a thousand.
(c) Only a couple hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marlantes' son when he found him curled up with a mutilated picture of the two of them?
2. When things were going wrong, in what language would Marlantes' grandfather cuss?
3. In Chapter Three, from what book did Marlantes include a quote by T. E. Lawrence?
4. From what country did the "Mahabharata" come from?
5. In 1968, how many men served in the Marine Air Group that flew in and took out the injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Mahabharata," why couldn't Arjuna fight?
2. Describe the team that Marlantes took when he went to access the position of his platoon that was holding a bridge.
3. What emotions did Marlantes feel when he had to kill?
4. What was a critical psychological issue about weapons technology?
5. What side did Marlantes believe there was that men tried to deny?
6. Why did Marlantes say that war is the antithesis of a fundamental rule of moral conduct?
7. When was the first time that Marlantes felt any emotion about having killed?
8. Describe Marlantes' grandmother and how she treated her children.
9. What did Marlantes say about his spiritual condition in 1968?
10. Why did Marlantes keep a picture of a girl from Mozambique on his file cabinet.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)