|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Zoomer injured?
(a) Ha Giang province.
(b) Lang Son province.
(c) Quang Tri province.
(d) Hoa Binh province.
2. In Chapter Four, how old was the volunteer who went with Marlantes to assess the platoon holding a key bridge?
3. How long had the Third Marine Division and the North Vietnamese Army struggled?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. What did Marlantes buy Joseph Campbell when he wanted to talk to him?
5. When was the Viking poem written that Marlantes quoted in Chapter Four?
(a) 10th century.
(b) 7th century.
(c) 5th century.
(d) 8th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, how many men did Marlantes' take with him to assess how his platoon was doing?
2. How many years after the therapy-group experience, did Marlantes have dinner with Joseph Campbell?
3. In Chapter 4, what word did Marlantes use to describe the least acknowledged aspect of war?
4. After Marlantes had been in Vietnam about a year and was assigned to be an air observer, how many feet off the ground did the observation plane fly?
5. In Chapter Four, where was the platoon that Marlantes was commanding holding a key bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a critical psychological issue about weapons technology?
2. How did Marlantes try to deal with the darkness and dark deeds that he carried inside after Vietnam?
3. When Zoomer was struggling to breathe, what incident did Marlantes remember from his youth?
4. What emotions did Marlantes feel when he had to kill?
5. What type of atrocities did Jane Goodall witness?
6. Whose death did Marlantes particularly remember?
7. In "Mahabharata," why couldn't Arjuna fight?
8. What was the recurring nightmare that Marlantes first had?
9. What inattention to detail in 1968 made Marlantes feel guilty?
10. What response would people who actually fought and won battles have?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)