|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Zoomer injured?
(a) February 1969.
(b) January 1969.
(c) March 1968.
(d) April 1968.
2. How old was Joseph Henderson when he died?
3. Who urged Marlantes to attend an encounter, group-therapy weekend.
(a) His employer.
(b) His pastor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
4. Which Kipling's poem did Marlantes say was not about gratitude, but attitude?
(c) Anchor Song.
(d) Cold Iron.
5. In 1968 when Marlantes was left in charge of an undermanned platoon, how long did he and his men sleep at a time?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the bridge referenced in question 59 from Marlantes' company's position?
2. How tall was "Canada"?
3. What type of plane did Marlantes' friend, who was an ex-Navy pilot, fly as a civilian?
4. In Chapter Three, from what book did Marlantes include a quote by T. E. Lawrence?
5. What did Marlantes say was the Irish equivalent of the Iliad?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the first time that Marlantes felt any emotion about having killed?
2. In 1968 when Marlantes was in charge of an undermanned platoon, how did he and his men guide a helicopter team in to rescue the wounded?
3. What was the recurring nightmare that Marlantes first had?
4. Describe Zoomer's injuries.
5. Why did Marlantes keep a picture of a girl from Mozambique on his file cabinet.
6. In "Mahabharata," why couldn't Arjuna fight?
7. What type of power did a platoon commander have?
8. What was one method that Marlantes believed could alleviate or eliminate guilt for war-time actions?
9. What response would people who actually fought and won battles have?
10. What type of atrocities did Jane Goodall witness?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)