|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a retelling of a classic illustration of the code of Bushido, what was the name of the samurai lord who was exiled from the capital?
2. How long was Marlantes' arrival home delayed because he contracted NSU?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 20 days.
3. What day were the Scouts to rendezvous at a designated location?
4. In the bush, what was usually the oldest age of the officers?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how far were the scorekeepers from the lance corporal?
(a) 15 kilometers.
(b) 50 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 5 kilometers.
6. What college was Marlantes driving companion in 1967 going to attend?
7. Where did Marlantes consider going to desert the Marines?
(b) Canada or Mexico.
(c) Sweden or Algeria.
8. How old was Maree Anne's little girl?
9. What was the rank of the officer who told Marlantes to clean up his act?
10. Where was Marlantes driving in 1967 when President Johnson gave a speech?
(a) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
11. In Greek and Roman mythology, what was a metaphor for consciousness?
12. How far was Marlantes' hometown from his arrival airport when he flew back home?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
13. How old was the black machine gunner named Prairie Dog?
14. In Chapter Eight, how far did the squads have to run to their gear that was by the runway?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 3/4 mile.
(d) 1 mile.
15. In Chapter Eight, what did a kid break when he had to jump after a pilot gunned the chopper out of the zone too soon?
(c) Knee cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Nine, what street was Marlantes walking down?
2. In the incident where body count was exaggerated in Chapter Six, what millimeter high explosives were dropped?
3. How far apart was each pair of Scouts dropped off?
4. Who was the actor playing the main character in the movie that caused Marlantes to want a medal?
5. How old was Marlantes when he and a fellow Boy Scout had to learn survival skills?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)