|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did a woman on the train to New York treat Marlantes?
(a) Hit him with her purse.
(b) Spit on him.
(c) Thanked him for his service.
(d) Bought him lunch.
2. Who was the actor playing the main character in the movie that caused Marlantes to want a medal?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Audie Murphy.
3. How old was the black machine gunner named Prairie Dog?
4. What was the name of Marlantes' friend from his secret society at Yale who helped him adjust to coming home?
5. Where was Marlantes' Uncle George wounded?
6. What favorite place did Marlantes and his parents go after he came home?
(a) Vancouver Island.
(c) Cortes Island.
(d) British Columbia.
7. What was the name of Marlantes' first love?
8. Who was Marlantes paired with for Scout survival training?
9. How old was Maree Anne's little girl?
10. In Chapter Eight, what type of a mine blew off a soldiers lower jaw, face, and leg?
11. What Vietnam War commander made Khe Sanh important militarily?
(a) John S. McCain
(b) Robert McNamara.
(c) William Westmoreland.
(d) Earle Wheeler.
12. Where was Marlantes driving in 1967 when President Johnson gave a speech?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
13. Where did President Johnson give a speech in September 1967?
(a) El Paso.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
14. How old was Maree Ann when Marlantes last saw her?
15. What type of a vehicle took the Scouts to their survival training destination"?
(a) Pickup truck.
(b) Panel truck.
(c) Station wagon.
(d) Old van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of service did Marlantes' Scout leader, Ed, serve in during World War II?
2. In Chapter Eight, by the time Marlantes made it up a hill, what type of helicopter arrived?
3. What college was Marlantes driving companion in 1967 going to attend?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how far were the scorekeepers from the lance corporal?
5. How far apart was each pair of Scouts dropped off?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)