|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did President Johnson give a speech in September 1967?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) El Paso.
2. How long after Marlantes joined the Marines did he consider leaving college and fighting in Vietnam?
3. In Chapter Eight, the second time that Marlantes charged up a hill, what hit him?
(a) Land mine.
(b) Stray shot.
(d) Mortar shell.
4. Whose bow did the warrior Philoctetes carry?
5. What was Marlantes driving in 1967 when he heard President Johnson give a speech?
(a) 1958 Dodge.
(b) 1951 Ford.
(c) 1954 Buick.
(d) 1953 Chevy.
6. In Greek and Roman mythology, what was a metaphor for consciousness?
7. What was the occupation of the adult Scout leader who dropped Marlantes and his fellow Scouts for survival training?
(c) Timber cruiser.
(d) Production worker.
8. In Chapter Eight, how far did the squads have to run to their gear that was by the runway?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 3/4 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
9. What type of a vehicle took the Scouts to their survival training destination"?
(a) Pickup truck.
(b) Old van.
(c) Station wagon.
(d) Panel truck.
10. In Chapter Eight, what type of a mine blew off a soldiers lower jaw, face, and leg?
11. Where was Marlantes driving in 1967 when President Johnson gave a speech?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
12. In Chapter Eight, for what place had two squads been filling sandbags?
(a) Task Force Hotel.
(b) Base Camp Blue.
(c) Medical hospital.
13. How many scout leaders met the boys when they made it back to the rendezvous point?
14. How many Spartans died defending Thermopylae?
15. What day were the Scouts to rendezvous at a designated location?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author captured the wonderful bragging of the old-time flatboat men?
2. When Marlantes' helicopter landed in Chapter Eight, how far where they from the DMZ?
3. In the incident where body count was exaggerated in Chapter Six, what millimeter high explosives were dropped?
4. How long was Marlantes' arrival home delayed because he contracted NSU?
5. What was the name of PFC Nelson's friend who died at the beginning of Chapter Six?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)