|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the bush, what was usually the oldest age of the officers?
2. How old was Maree Ann when Marlantes last saw her?
3. What was the rank of the officer who told Marlantes to clean up his act?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how far were the scorekeepers from the lance corporal?
(a) 50 kilometers.
(b) 15 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 5 kilometers.
5. How far apart was each pair of Scouts dropped off?
(a) 1/4 mile.
(b) About 1 mile.
(c) About a half a mile.
(d) 3/4 mile.
6. Where was the injury that killed Utter?
7. What was the name of the private in Chapter Six who crawled over with Kool-Aid stains around his mouth?
8. What was the name of Marlantes' friend from his secret society at Yale who helped him adjust to coming home?
9. In Chapter Nine, how long had Marlantes been back in the States?
(a) About a month.
(b) About 3 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 weeks.
10. What type of a vehicle took the Scouts to their survival training destination"?
(a) Station wagon.
(b) Pickup truck.
(c) Panel truck.
(d) Old van.
11. How old was Maree Anne's little girl?
12. Who was the adult leader of Marlantes' Scout troop who dropped the boys off to learn survival skills?
13. At what time of day did Marlantes and his friend John make a decision about the war and what they would do?
(a) 3 a.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
14. In Chapter Eight, how close was Marlantes' company to Khe Sanh?
(a) 15 kilometers.
(b) 20 kilometers.
(c) 8 kilometers.
(d) 13 kilometers.
15. When Marlantes' helicopter landed in Chapter Eight, how far where they from the DMZ?
(a) 20 kilometers.
(b) 15 kilometers.
(c) 5 kilometers.
(d) 10 kilometers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Marlantes' first love?
2. How old was Sergeant Bell?
3. Where was Marlantes headed in 1967 when he heard President Johnson give a speech?
4. How old was Marlantes when he and a fellow Boy Scout had to learn survival skills?
5. How did a woman on the train to New York treat Marlantes?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)