|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Marlantes' youngest son when the German shepherd bit him?
2. How tall was "Canada"?
(a) 5 feet 9 inches.
(b) 6 feet 4 inches.
(c) 6 feet 2 inches.
(d) 5 ffeet 11 inches.,
3. How old was the girl from Mozambique whose picture Marlantes kept on a file cabinet?
4. What did Marlantes say was the Irish equivalent of the Iliad?
(a) Tain Bo Cuailnge.
(b) Lyra Celtica.
(c) Ulaid Cycle.
(d) Ulster Cycle.
5. What was the longest that Marlantes' grandmother lived with his mother?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
6. Who said, "I am by nature warlike"?
7. What weapon did the NVA soldier referenced in question 76 have?
(c) Razor blades.
8. Where had Marlantes traveled when he came home to find his son curled up with a photo of the two of them?
9. How much did Marlantes' German shepherd weight?
(a) 63 pounds.
(b) 95 pounds.
(c) 134 pounds.
(d) 87 pounds.
10. What is the name of the warrior hero in "Mahabharata"?
11. Which Kipling's poem did Marlantes say was not about gratitude, but attitude?
(b) Cold Iron.
(c) Anchor Song.
12. What was Marlantes' great-grandmother's occupation?
(c) Bank manager.
13. Where was Zoomer injured?
14. How long was Marlantes' grandfather's fishing boat?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 30 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
15. How old was Joseph Henderson when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Marlantes' German shepherd?
2. When Marlantes was with his company in the high mountains that formed the Vietnamese border with Laos, what did he target for an air strike?
3. When was the "Mahabharata" first written down and preserved?
4. At the time that Marlantes wrote his book, how long had it been since he killed someone?
5. During the time of the storm that Marlantes' endured on his grandfather's fishing boat, which was described in Chapter 2, how much were fisherman paid per pound for Sockeye salmon?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)