|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marlantes buy Joseph Campbell when he wanted to talk to him?
2. How many tours did Marlantes' pilot friend spend in Vietnam?
3. What creature did Marlantes have to kill after dogs had harried it?
4. During the time of the storm that Marlantes' endured on his grandfather's fishing boat, which was described in Chapter 2, how much were fisherman paid per pound for Sockeye salmon?
(a) 33 cents.
(b) 48 cents.
(c) 22 cents.
(d) 51 cents.
5. When did the U.S. first bomb Libya?
6. How much time did Marlantes have after combat that could have been spent mourning and asking for forgiveness?
(a) 10-15 minutes.
(b) 20-30 minutes.
(c) About a half an hour.
(d) A couple hours.
7. In 1968 when Marlantes lead an undermanned platoon, what was the height of the cliff on the north side of their area?
(a) 2100 feet.
(b) 1600 feet.
(c) 1500 feet.
(d) 3200 feet.
8. How old was Marlantes' son when he found him curled up with a mutilated picture of the two of them?
9. How many jobs had Marlantes had between his attendance at the therapy group and his dinner with Joseph Campbell?
10. When things were going wrong, in what language would Marlantes' grandfather cuss?
11. At the time that Marlantes wrote his book, how long had it been since he killed someone?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
12. What rank did Marlantes hold after Vietnam?
13. In 1968 when Marlantes was left in charge of an undermanned platoon, how long did he and his men sleep at a time?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
14. What weapon did the NVA soldier referenced in question 76 have?
(b) Razor blades.
15. What is the name of the warrior hero in "Mahabharata"?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country did the "Mahabharata" come from?
2. Who was Marlantes philosophy tutor at Oxford?
3. What was Marlantes religious affiliation growing up?
4. When an teenage NVA soldier started to throw a grenade at Marlantes, how far from Marlantes was the hole he was standing in?
5. When was the Viking poem written that Marlantes quoted in Chapter Four?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)