|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Zoomer injured?
(a) March 1968.
(b) January 1969.
(c) April 1968.
(d) February 1969.
2. What emotion did Marlantes feel about the killing he did so many years ago?
3. What weapon did the NVA soldier referenced in question 76 have?
(c) Razor blades.
4. What human form did the god in "Mahabharata" take?
5. During a dinner party in Singapore, what was a Chinese woman whom Marlantes noticed wearing?
(a) Black silk trousers.
(b) White silk trousers.
(c) Red silk dress.
(d) Green silk dress.
6. How many people did Marlantes know were dead because of his behavior?
7. Where did Marlantes' grandfather often fish?
(a) Applegate River.
(b) Willamette River.
(c) Blue River.
(d) Columbia River.
8. What was the name of Marlantes' buddy who also shot at a teen NVA soldier with a grenade?
9. Who said, "I am by nature warlike"?
10. Who was Marlantes philosophy tutor at Oxford?
(a) Andrew Davies.
(b) William Brighton.
(c) John Mackie.
(d) Charlie Williams.
11. What did Marlantes say was the Irish equivalent of the Iliad?
(a) Lyra Celtica.
(b) Tain Bo Cuailnge.
(c) Ulster Cycle.
(d) Ulaid Cycle.
12. Where did Marlantes participate in a white-heat atrocity?
(a) Mui La Ridge.
(b) Wyatt's Bridge.
(c) Key Lai Bridge.
(d) Mutter's Ridge.
13. In Chapter Four, where was the platoon that Marlantes was commanding holding a key bridge?
(a) Route 4.
(b) Route 11.
(c) Route 9.
(d) Route 20.
14. Which Kipling's poem did Marlantes say was not about gratitude, but attitude?
(c) Anchor Song.
(d) Cold Iron.
15. From what country did the "Mahabharata" come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the movie "Psycho" released?
2. In Chapter Two, how old was Marlantes' when he endured a storm on his grandfather's fishing boat?
3. What group of people ended up fighting for a government that was murdering millions in concentration camps?
4. What was Marlantes' great-grandmother's occupation?
5. How many jobs had Marlantes had between his attendance at the therapy group and his dinner with Joseph Campbell?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)