|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marlantes say was the Irish equivalent of the Iliad?
(a) Tain Bo Cuailnge.
(b) Ulaid Cycle.
(c) Lyra Celtica.
(d) Ulster Cycle.
2. What was the name of Marlantes' German shepherd?
3. When an teenage NVA soldier started to throw a grenade at Marlantes, how far from Marlantes was the hole he was standing in?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 30 feet.
4. What creature did Marlantes have to kill after dogs had harried it?
5. Where did Marlantes go when he first felt emotion about the killing he had done during the war?
(a) A meadow.
(c) His room.
(d) The woods.
6. After Marlantes had been in Vietnam about a year and was assigned to be an air observer, how many feet off the ground did the observation plane fly?
(a) Only a couple hundred.
(d) About a thousand.
7. During his military service, how many times did Marlantes see the First Marine break through the last defenses on an assault?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 3 times.
8. Who said, "I am by nature warlike"?
9. What was Marlantes religious affiliation growing up?
10. How many cylinders might an engine have on a boat like the one Marlantes' grandfather owned?
(a) 8-10 cylinders.
(b) 12 cylinders.
(c) 5 cylinders.
(d) 4-6 cylinders.
11. In Chapter Four, how old was the volunteer who went with Marlantes to assess the platoon holding a key bridge?
12. For how many decades did Marlantes have flashbacks from the war that affected him emotionally?
13. Where was Zoomer injured?
(a) Quang Tri province.
(b) Ha Giang province.
(c) Lang Son province.
(d) Hoa Binh province.
14. What injuries did Marlantes suffer during the skirmish with the NVA teenager?
(a) Bullet in his left foot.
(b) Shrapnel in his face.
(c) Bullet in his calf.
(d) Sharpnel in the back of the legs.
15. How long was Marlantes' grandfather's fishing boat?
(a) 30 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. From how far at sea could Tomahawk missiles be fired?
2. What type of plane did Marlantes' friend, who was an ex-Navy pilot, fly as a civilian?
3. What was Joseph Campbell's ethnic background?
4. How many years after Marlantes killed the young NVA soldier did he first feel any emotion about having killed during the war?
5. How big was the sturgeon that Marlantes and his grandfather caught in June, 1959?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)