|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the therapy-group experience, did Marlantes have dinner with Joseph Campbell?
(a) 2 years.
(b) About 8 years.
(c) About 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
2. When an teenage NVA soldier started to throw a grenade at Marlantes, how far from Marlantes was the hole he was standing in?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
3. In 1968, how many men served in the Marine Air Group that flew in and took out the injured?
4. What was Marlantes religious affiliation growing up?
5. Where did Marlantes go when he first felt emotion about the killing he had done during the war?
(a) A meadow.
(b) His room.
(c) The woods.
6. When Marlantes was with his company in the high mountains that formed the Vietnamese border with Laos, what did he target for an air strike?
(a) A village.
(b) An underground base.
(d) A hospital.
7. In Chapter Four, how many men did Marlantes' take with him to assess how his platoon was doing?
8. In Chapter Four, how old was the volunteer who went with Marlantes to assess the platoon holding a key bridge?
9. What human form did the god in "Mahabharata" take?
10. Where did Marlantes' grandfather often fish?
(a) Willamette River.
(b) Columbia River.
(c) Blue River.
(d) Applegate River.
11. What creature did Marlantes have to kill after dogs had harried it?
12. In 1968, after securing the top of a mountain for a new artillery firebase, how many men did Marlantes have in his rifle platoon?
13. When things were going wrong, in what language would Marlantes' grandfather cuss?
14. Who was Marlantes philosophy tutor at Oxford?
(a) William Brighton.
(b) John Mackie.
(c) Andrew Davies.
(d) Charlie Williams.
15. How old was Joseph Henderson when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1968 when Marlantes lead an undermanned platoon, what was the height of the cliff on the north side of their area?
2. When did Marlantes first write a recurring nightmare in his journal?
3. What rank did Marlantes hold after Vietnam?
4. How long was Marlantes' grandfather's fishing boat?
5. What were Marlantes and his grandfather afraid had slammed into their net in 1959?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)