|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Numbness and Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Viking poem written that Marlantes quoted in Chapter Four?
(a) 7th century.
(b) 5th century.
(c) 10th century.
(d) 8th century.
2. In Chapter 4, what word did Marlantes use to describe the least acknowledged aspect of war?
3. How old was Marlantes' youngest son when the German shepherd bit him?
4. In Chapter Two, how old was Marlantes' when he endured a storm on his grandfather's fishing boat?
5. Usually Marlantes would have six 105mm howitzers. In 1968, how many arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country did the "Mahabharata" come from?
2. In Chapter Four, how old was the volunteer who went with Marlantes to assess the platoon holding a key bridge?
3. What was Marlantes religious affiliation growing up?
4. During the time of the storm that Marlantes' endured on his grandfather's fishing boat, which was described in Chapter 2, how much were fisherman paid per pound for Sockeye salmon?
5. How large was the net that Marlantes' grandfather used to fish with?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)