|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Numbness and Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Marlantes attend an encounter, group-therapy weekend?
2. How much time did Marlantes have after combat that could have been spent mourning and asking for forgiveness?
(a) 10-15 minutes.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) 20-30 minutes.
(d) A couple hours.
3. Where did Marlantes go when he first felt emotion about the killing he had done during the war?
(a) His room.
(b) The woods.
(d) A meadow.
4. What was Marlantes religious affiliation growing up?
5. What were the names of Marlantes' sons?
(a) Bob and Jake.
(b) Peter and David.
(c) Andrew and Will.
(d) Peter and Alex.
Short Answer Questions
1. From how far at sea could Tomahawk missiles be fired?
2. Where was Marlantes when he saw a little girl who had had her hands cut off to enhance her ability to beg?
3. Usually Marlantes would have six 105mm howitzers. In 1968, how many arrived?
4. What was the name of Marlantes' buddy who also shot at a teen NVA soldier with a grenade?
5. In 1968, after securing the top of a mountain for a new artillery firebase, how many men did Marlantes have in his rifle platoon?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)