|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Numbness and Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Marlantes when he saw a little girl who had had her hands cut off to enhance her ability to beg?
2. What injuries did Marlantes suffer during the skirmish with the NVA teenager?
(a) Sharpnel in the back of the legs.
(b) Shrapnel in his face.
(c) Bullet in his calf.
(d) Bullet in his left foot.
3. When was the "Mahabharata" first written down and preserved?
(a) 500 AD.
(b) 350 BC.
(c) 200 BC.
(d) 400 AD.
4. When Marlantes was with his company in the high mountains that formed the Vietnamese border with Laos, what did he target for an air strike?
(b) An underground base.
(c) A village.
(d) A hospital.
5. How old was Joseph Henderson when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marlantes say was the Irish equivalent of the Iliad?
2. What type of plane did Marlantes' friend, who was an ex-Navy pilot, fly as a civilian?
3. How long was Marlantes' grandfather's fishing boat?
4. In Chapter Three, from what book did Marlantes include a quote by T. E. Lawrence?
5. What was the name of Marlantes' buddy who also shot at a teen NVA soldier with a grenade?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)