Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian say he did when two boys mugged him?
2. What do the teachers do to the boys if they misbehave?
3. What is the name of Valentino's sponsor?
4. What do the Sudanese blame Mary for?
5. What do Stacy and Philip want to know?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can books express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. The Dinka tribe.
2. The SPLA.
3. The UN camps.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Eggers' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Eggers' argument?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)