|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Valentino's friends volunteers for the army?
2. For what did Achor's friend use the tampons?
3. What is the receptionist's name?
4. What does the man give Valentino to eat?
5. What river do the Lost Boys have to cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does life in Ethiopia start to get much better for Valentino?
2. Why does William start to throw sand at people?
3. How does the salesman duped Valentino?
4. Why does Valentino not want Achor Achor to call the police?
5. How does Achor Achor help Valentino?
6. Describe Valentino's life at Kakuma.
7. How do the teacher's young nieces distract the boys?
8. How does the camp start to discipline the boys?
9. How does a stranger help Valentino in Chapter 14?
10. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What publicity both negative and positive have the Lost Boys had since coming to America? How have the Lost Boys' lives changed since coming to America? Why has it been difficult for them to settle in America?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Valentino's life:
1. His father
2. His mother
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)