|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the trip Valentino has to make?
2. What does Deng complain about?
3. Who does the commander say the prisoners have raped and abused?
4. Where did the Sudanese man refuse to allow his wife to travel to?
5. What cuts Valentino's leg when he tries to run away?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. The Dinka tribe.
2. The SPLA.
3. The UN camps.
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)