|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the trip Valentino has to make?
2. Where does William say he and his family sought refuge when the soldiers attacked?
3. For what did Achor's friend use the tampons?
4. What is the name of Valentino's sponsor?
5. What river do the Lost Boys have to cross?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the construction of Eggers' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Eggers' argument?
Essay Topic 2
What publicity both negative and positive have the Lost Boys had since coming to America? How have the Lost Boys' lives changed since coming to America? Why has it been difficult for them to settle in America?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)