|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man give Valentino to eat?
2. What kind of animal devours two of the boys?
3. Why does Valantino think Dumalu killed Tabitha?
4. What happens when the children try to run away?
5. What does Valentino hope the MRI scan will answer for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the camp start to discipline the boys?
2. How does a stranger help Valentino in Chapter 14?
3. How does Deb Newmyer help Valentino at the hospital?
4. How does Valentino win the girls' attention?
5. What game does Valentino play with the girls?
6. How did Moses escape from the Arabs?
7. How does Julian say he reacted when some people tried to mug him?
8. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
9. How does the Kenyan doctor help Valentino?
10. Why does Valentino not want Achor Achor to call the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the SPLA and how influential have the SPLA been in Sudan? What are Valentino's views on the SPLA? How does he express his views in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Valentino's generation face? How are the problems for Valentino's generation different from the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)