|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Achor Achor tell a story?
2. Who do the people at the camp think is responsible for the bombings?
3. How did Duluma kill Tabitha?
4. What river do the Lost Boys have to cross?
5. What did the Dinkas load the boys onto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does life in Ethiopia start to get much better for Valentino?
2. How do the teacher's young nieces distract the boys?
3. Why do the Dinka think the UN wants to get rid of them?
4. How did Moses escape from the Arabs?
5. Describe Valentino's life at Kakuma.
6. How does Deb Newmyer help Valentino at the hospital?
7. Why does Valentino not want Achor Achor to call the police?
8. How does Achor Achor help Valentino?
9. How does Eggers mix non-fiction and fiction in the book?
10. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. The Dinka tribe.
2. The SPLA.
3. The UN camps.
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Valentino's generation face? How are the problems for Valentino's generation different from the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)