|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valentino meet on the other side of the river?
2. What kind of animal devours two of the boys?
3. What bites the boys as they wait for the boats?
4. What is the receptionist's name?
5. What language does a commander ban the children from speaking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What publicity both negative and positive have the Lost Boys had since coming to America? How have the Lost Boys' lives changed since coming to America? Why has it been difficult for them to settle in America?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Eggers' argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Eggers' argument?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. The Dinka tribe.
2. The SPLA.
3. The UN camps.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)