|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Miss Gladys teach?
2. Where did the Sudanese man refuse to allow his wife to travel to?
(a) New York.
3. Who does Valentino meet on the other side of the river?
(d) His mother.
4. What does Julian say he did when two boys mugged him?
(a) Beat them up.
(b) Prayed for God to forgive them.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Begged for mercy.
5. In what war does Julian say he fought?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Iraq War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valentino want to bribe?
2. Who invites the boys to eat with them?
3. Where does Valentino walk to after Ethiopia?
4. What river do the children have to cross?
5. What does Valentino say is prohibited in Sudan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Arabs treat Moses?
2. How does Deb Newmyer help Valentino at the hospital?
3. How does the Kenyan doctor help Valentino?
4. How does Eggers mix non-fiction and fiction in the book?
5. How does the camp start to discipline the boys?
6. How does life in Ethiopia start to get much better for Valentino?
7. What problems are there between the Ethiopians and the Sudanese?
8. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
9. How does Julian say he reacted when some people tried to mug him?
10. Describe Valentino's life at Kakuma.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)