|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sudanese blame Mary for?
(a) Not getting a job.
(b) Not finding them adequate apartments.
(c) Not getting a college education.
(d) Their misrepresentation in the media.
2. What does William say they did when they saw the train behind on fire?
(b) Soaked themselves in water.
(d) Screamed for help.
3. About what does Achor Achor tell a story?
(d) Water balloons.
4. What river do the children have to cross?
(a) The River Nile.
(b) The Gilo River.
(c) The Dut River.
(d) The Red River.
5. What do the children sing when Garang arrives at the camp?
(a) Folk songs.
(b) Rock songs.
(c) Patriotic songs.
(d) Religious songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentino walk to after Ethiopia?
2. What does the man give Valentino to eat?
3. What kind of animal devours two of the boys?
4. Who do the people at the camp think is responsible for the bombings?
5. What does Deng complain about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does life in Ethiopia start to get much better for Valentino?
2. How does Julian say he reacted when some people tried to mug him?
3. What game does Valentino play with the girls?
4. How does Deb Newmyer help Valentino at the hospital?
5. What problems are there between the Ethiopians and the Sudanese?
6. Describe Valentino's life at Kakuma.
7. How did the Arabs treat Moses?
8. Why does William start to throw sand at people?
9. Why do the Dinka think the UN wants to get rid of them?
10. How do the teacher's young nieces distract the boys?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)