|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Valentino enjoy playing at the camp?
2. What happens when the children try to run away?
(a) The soldiers kill them.
(b) An animal eats them.
(c) They fall into a trap.
(d) They starve to death.
3. What actress adopted Mary Williams?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Mae West.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Jane Fonda.
4. Who dies at the end of this section?
5. What does Julian say he did when two boys mugged him?
(a) Begged for mercy.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Prayed for God to forgive them.
(d) Beat them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does William say attacked the Dinkas in the city?
2. What job does William say he found in a city?
3. What is the name of the oldest boy?
4. What does the man give Valentino to drink?
5. What kills more boys at he end of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does life in Ethiopia start to get much better for Valentino?
2. How does a stranger help Valentino in Chapter 14?
3. How does Valentino win the girls' attention?
4. How does Julian say he reacted when some people tried to mug him?
5. How does Eggers mix non-fiction and fiction in the book?
6. Describe Valentino's life at Kakuma.
7. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
8. How does the Kenyan doctor help Valentino?
9. What problems are there between the Ethiopians and the Sudanese?
10. How does the salesman duped Valentino?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)