|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man kick Valentino when he tries to get up?
(a) The back.
(b) The head.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The groin.
2. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Closes the bedroom door.
(b) Taunts him.
(c) Calls his mother.
3. Where does Valentino run to when he leaves the church?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The jungle.
(c) The forest.
(d) The desert.
4. What is William's main talent?
(b) Chatting up girls.
5. Who does William K say the soldiers have killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital of Sudan?
2. Why does the couple say they have barged into Valentino's house?
3. What city did Tabitha live in?
4. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
5. Why does the man hit Valentino?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Valentino say the Arabs will destroy his village?
2. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
3. How do the boys contract malaria?
4. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
5. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
6. What problems do the boys have at the beginning of their journey?
7. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
8. Who is Mary Williams?
9. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
10. How does Deng say he escaped the Arab soldiers?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)