|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
2. What is the capital of Sudan?
3. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The political situation.
(b) Sudanese law.
(c) The city they are traveling to.
(d) How to read a map.
4. What country did Valentino walk to from Ethiopia?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
5. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
(a) Arab houses.
(c) Government houses.
(d) Arab businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the couple say they have barged into Valentino's house?
2. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
3. What is Valentino worried Michael is looking at in his bedroom?
4. What does Valentino hear while he is helping his mother?
5. Why can the robbers not leave the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
2. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
3. What does the name Michael remind Valentino of?
4. How does the boy react when Valentino calls out his name?
5. What problems do the boys have at the beginning of their journey?
6. Why was Tabitha unusual among the Sudanese?
7. Why does Valentino join Dut and his group?
8. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
9. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
10. How do the boys contract malaria?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)