|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
(a) A coal mine.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bunker.
(d) Some long grass.
2. Why does Valentino decide to join Dut's group?
(a) They offer him food.
(b) He has no choice.
(c) He sees some people he knows.
(d) Dut is friendly.
3. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
(a) A car.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
4. What do some of the older boys steal from the village?
5. Why does the couple say they have barged into Valentino's house?
(a) To use his phone.
(b) To repossess his furniture.
(c) To kidnap him.
(d) To rob him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentino fetch for Amath?
2. Over whose body is Moses standing?
3. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
4. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
5. Where does Valentino work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of creation?
2. What problems does Valentino's father have in Aweil?
3. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
4. How does Valentino describe his mother?
5. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
6. What did Valentino know about African Americans before he came to America?
7. What problems do the boys have at the beginning of their journey?
8. How does Deng say he escaped the Arab soldiers?
9. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
10. Why was Tabitha unusual among the Sudanese?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)