|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Marry early.
(b) Attend university.
(c) Learn English.
(d) Go to America.
2. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Kill him.
3. What agreement does Valentino say the Arabs ripped up?
(a) The Mecca agreement.
(b) The Addis Ababa agreement.
(c) The Sudan agreement.
(d) The Nairobi agreement.
4. Over whose body is Moses standing?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
5. Who taught Home Economics?
(a) Miss Forgiveness.
(b) Miss Fork.
(c) Miss Spoon.
(d) Miss Spatula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What African country is Valentino from?
2. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
3. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
4. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
5. What do some of the older boys steal from the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
2. Who is Mary Williams?
3. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
4. How do the Arabs destroy Valentino's village?
5. Why do some of the Sudanese dislike Mary Williams?
6. What problems do the boys have at the beginning of their journey?
7. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
8. What does the African American couple want?
9. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear airplanes?
10. How does Deng say he escaped the Arab soldiers?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)