|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Valentino walk to from Ethiopia?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
2. What is William's main talent?
(d) Chatting up girls.
3. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
(a) A bible.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A laptop.
(d) A telephone directory.
4. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
(a) Any weightlifter.
(b) Any man.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
5. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Michael's body did the Arabs chop off?
2. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
3. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
4. What animal did Deng eat that killed him?
5. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
2. Why does Valentino join Dut and his group?
3. What does the African American couple want?
4. Why was Tabitha coveted by all the Sudanese men in America?
5. Why do some of the Sudanese dislike Mary Williams?
6. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
7. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
8. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
9. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
10. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)