|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He is stopped.
(b) He sees William die.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He sees his mother die.
2. What does the man use to hit Valentino?
(a) A cup.
(b) A stick.
(c) His fists.
(d) A gun.
3. What agreement does Valentino say the Arabs ripped up?
(a) The Nairobi agreement.
(b) The Sudan agreement.
(c) The Addis Ababa agreement.
(d) The Mecca agreement.
4. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Closes the bedroom door.
(b) Taunts him.
(d) Calls his mother.
5. Who did Tabitha live with in Seattle?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
2. What animal did Deng eat that killed him?
3. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
4. Why does the man hit Valentino?
5. What is the name of the group's leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
2. What did Valentino know about African Americans before he came to America?
3. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
4. What does the African American couple want?
5. What does Valentino say about slavery?
6. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
7. What does the name Michael remind Valentino of?
8. Why was Tabitha unusual among the Sudanese?
9. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
10. How do the Arabs destroy Valentino's village?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)