|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
(a) Any man.
(b) A tiger.
(c) Any weightlifter.
(d) A lion.
2. Who does Valentino's mother hear scream?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her husband.
3. What do the government soldiers say Valentino's father has been giving the rebels?
4. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Closes the bedroom door.
(c) Taunts him.
(d) Calls his mother.
5. What do rebel soldiers take from Valentino's father's shop without paying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
2. What class did Valentino attend with Tabitha?
3. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
4. Who does Valentino say the rebels are currently killing?
5. What kind of wife do most of the Sudanese in America want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the name Michael remind Valentino of?
2. What problems do the boys have at the beginning of their journey?
3. Why was Tabitha unusual among the Sudanese?
4. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
5. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
6. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
7. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear horses?
8. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
9. Why do some of the Sudanese dislike Mary Williams?
10. Why does Valentino join Dut and his group?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)