|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young boy's name?
2. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(b) Marial Bai.
3. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
(c) Achor Achor.
4. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
(a) A dead animal.
(c) Moldy food.
(d) A dead baby.
5. What does Valentino's father want to do in Aweil?
(a) Open a bar.
(b) Set up a shop.
(c) Join the rebels.
(d) Open a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentino say he likes Arab Sadiq?
2. Where does Valentino go to get a container for the water?
3. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
4. Who taught Home Economics?
5. What do the government soldiers say Valentino's father has been giving the rebels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
2. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
3. Why does Valentino join Dut and his group?
4. How does Deng say he escaped the Arab soldiers?
5. What does Valentino say about slavery?
6. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
7. How does the boy react when Valentino calls out his name?
8. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
9. How does Valentino describe his mother?
10. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)