|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Home Economics?
(a) Miss Forgiveness.
(b) Miss Spoon.
(c) Miss Spatula.
(d) Miss Fork.
2. Where does Valentino work?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A gym.
(d) A restaurant.
3. Why does the man hit Valentino?
(a) He refuses to talk.
(b) He tries to run.
(c) He is getting too cocky.
(d) He starts to scream.
4. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
(a) She has a gas leak.
(b) Her husband is ill.
(c) Her son is ill.
(d) Her car has broken down.
5. What did Valentino and his two friends guard through the night?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A truck.
(c) A motorbike.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's main talent?
2. Who does Valentino say the rebels are currently killing?
3. Why does Valentino decide to join Dut's group?
4. What is the young boy's name?
5. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Valentino not want Achor Achor to call the police?
2. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Valentino think he is initially not selected to go to America?
4. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
5. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear airplanes?
6. How does the Kenyan doctor help Valentino?
7. What does the African American couple want?
8. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
9. What problem does Valentino say Sudanese men are having in America?
10. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)