|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
(a) The tower.
(b) The church.
(c) The village hall.
(d) The woodland.
2. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Marry early.
(b) Go to America.
(c) Learn English.
(d) Attend university.
3. What do the government soldiers say Valentino's father has been giving the rebels?
4. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. Where does the man kick Valentino when he tries to get up?
(a) The head.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The back.
(d) The groin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
2. What is the name of Valentino's girlfriend?
3. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
4. What does Valentino's father say the Sudanese could exchange the cattle for?
5. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
2. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear horses?
3. How does Valentino dissuade Achor Achor from joining from SPLA?
4. What did Valentino know about African Americans before he came to America?
5. Why do the Dinka think the UN wants to get rid of them?
6. What problems does Valentino's father have in Aweil?
7. How does Valentino win the girls' attention?
8. What problems are there between the Ethiopians and the Sudanese?
9. Why does William start to throw sand at people?
10. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)