|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
2. Where does Sadiq allow Valentino to sit?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His sofa.
(c) His horse.
(d) His car.
3. Who does Valentino's mother hear scream?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
4. What is the capital of Sudan?
5. Who does Valentino talk to on the walk to the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
2. What country did Valentino move to from Kenya?
3. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
4. What part of Michael's body did the Arabs chop off?
5. To whom does Valentino open his door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
2. How do the boys contract malaria?
3. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
4. What problems do the boys have at the beginning of their journey?
5. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
6. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
7. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear horses?
8. How does the boy react when Valentino calls out his name?
9. How does Valentino describe his mother?
10. Why was Tabitha unusual among the Sudanese?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)