|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character?
2. Why does the man hit Valentino?
(a) He starts to scream.
(b) He refuses to talk.
(c) He tries to run.
(d) He is getting too cocky.
3. What is the young boy's name?
4. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(d) Marial Bai.
5. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentino's father say the Sudanese could exchange the cattle for?
2. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
3. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
4. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
5. What African country is Valentino from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
2. Why does Valentino not want Achor Achor to call the police?
3. What game does Valentino play with the girls?
4. How do the elders organize the groups?
5. Why does Marie say she is worried?
6. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
7. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
8. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
9. How does Eggers mix non-fiction and fiction in the book?
10. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear airplanes?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)