|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
(a) A laptop.
(b) A telephone directory.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A bible.
2. Who did the elders advise the Sudanese to keep away from in America?
(a) Asian Americans.
(b) African Americans.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) European Americans.
3. Over whose body is Moses standing?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
4. How does Valentino try to raise the alarm?
(a) He sings.
(b) He bangs his head against the wll.
(c) He kicks a door.
(d) He screams.
5. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
(a) Burn down houses.
(b) Loot the village.
(c) Take in prisoners.
(d) Shoot their guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentino work?
2. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
3. What do rebel soldiers take from Valentino's father's shop without paying?
4. What city did Tabitha live in?
5. Who do the Dinkas tell Valentino is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear horses?
2. How do the Arabs destroy Valentino's village?
3. What does the name Michael remind Valentino of?
4. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
5. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
6. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
7. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
8. What is the story of creation?
9. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
10. Why does Valentino say the Arabs will destroy his village?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)