|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
2. What is the compound full of?
(a) Coffee beans.
(d) Tea leaves.
3. Where does Valentino say he learned about African Americans?
4. Who did the elders advise the Sudanese to keep away from in America?
(a) European Americans.
(b) African Americans.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) Asian Americans.
5. What does Valentino fetch for Amath?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
2. What does Sadiq request Valentino's father to tell a story about?
3. To whom does Valentino open his door?
4. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
5. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
2. How do the teacher's young nieces distract the boys?
3. Why does William start to throw sand at people?
4. What story does Valentino tell about Amath?
5. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
6. How does Valentino dissuade Achor Achor from joining from SPLA?
7. Describe Valentino's life at Kakuma.
8. How does the camp react when John Garang visits?
9. What problems does Valentino's father have in Aweil?
10. What does the African American couple want?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)