|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the robbers not leave the house?
(a) They are locked in.
(b) Valentino is dying.
(c) The woman is injured.
(d) There is a policeman outside.
2. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
(a) A tree.
(b) A coal mine.
(c) A bunker.
(d) Some long grass.
3. What is the name of the group's leader?
4. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
(a) She has a gas leak.
(b) Her car has broken down.
(c) Her son is ill.
(d) Her husband is ill.
5. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He sees William die.
(b) He is stopped.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He sees his mother die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the star Sadiq gives Valentino made from?
2. What country did Valentino walk to from Ethiopia?
3. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
4. Over whose body is Moses standing?
5. What African country is Valentino from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
2. Why was Tabitha coveted by all the Sudanese men in America?
3. What does the African American couple want?
4. How does Valentino describe his mother?
5. Why do some of the Sudanese dislike Mary Williams?
6. What is the story of creation?
7. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
8. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
9. How does the boy react when Valentino calls out his name?
10. What does the name Michael remind Valentino of?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)