|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
(a) Go to America.
(b) Become an actress.
(d) Get a job.
2. Who do the Sudanese think have too much freedom in America?
3. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
4. What class did Valentino attend with Tabitha?
(b) Home Economics.
5. What is the star Sadiq gives Valentino made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
2. How does Valentino try to raise the alarm?
3. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
4. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
5. What country did Valentino move to from Kenya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
2. What does Valentino see happening from the church?
3. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
4. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
5. How do the boys contract malaria?
6. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
7. What does the African American couple want?
8. What did Valentino know about African Americans before he came to America?
9. What is the story of creation?
10. How does Valentino describe his mother?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)