|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
(a) A dead animal.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) Moldy food.
2. What is the young boy's name?
3. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(b) Marial Bai.
4. How does Valentino try to raise the alarm?
(a) He screams.
(b) He bangs his head against the wll.
(c) He sings.
(d) He kicks a door.
5. Who does Valentino's mother hear scream?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
2. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
3. Where does Dut say his group is traveling to?
4. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
5. What does Valentino's father say the Sudanese could exchange the cattle for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Valentino say the Arabs will destroy his village?
2. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
3. Why was Tabitha unusual among the Sudanese?
4. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear horses?
5. Who is Mary Williams?
6. How does Valentino describe his mother?
7. What does Valentino see happening from the church?
8. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
9. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
10. How does Deng say he escaped the Arab soldiers?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)