|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
(a) Hobrecht Hume.
(b) Rova Torn.
(c) Marial Bai.
(d) Mariane Fai
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. Why does Valentino think the Sudanese have struggled in America?
(a) They don't understand modern culture.
(b) America does want them there.
(c) Their expectations were too high.
(d) It ihas been difficult to find work.
4. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
(a) The church.
(b) The woodland.
(c) The village hall.
(d) The tower.
5. Who does Valentino's mother hear scream?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
2. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
3. Where does Valentino go to get a container for the water?
4. What is the young boy's name?
5. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
2. What does Valentino say about slavery?
3. What problems does Valentino's father have in Aweil?
4. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
5. What does Valentino see happening from the church?
6. How does the boy react when Valentino calls out his name?
7. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
8. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
9. What does the name Michael remind Valentino of?
10. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)