|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The city they are traveling to.
(b) The political situation.
(c) Sudanese law.
(d) How to read a map.
2. What kind of wife do most of the Sudanese in America want?
(a) An Asian-American wife.
(b) An African-American wife.
(c) A European wife.
(d) A Sudanese wife.
3. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
(a) European culture.
(b) Arab culture.
(c) African culture.
(d) South American culture.
4. What is the star Sadiq gives Valentino made from?
5. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
(a) Burn down houses.
(b) Shoot their guns.
(c) Take in prisoners.
(d) Loot the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
2. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
3. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
4. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
5. What is the African American woman's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
2. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
3. Who is Mary Williams?
4. What problems does Valentino's father have in Aweil?
5. Why was Tabitha coveted by all the Sudanese men in America?
6. How do the boys contract malaria?
7. What are Valentino's feelings about Sudan now he has moved to America?
8. What is the story of creation?
9. How does the boy react when Valentino calls out his name?
10. What does Valentino start thinking about when he was a little boy in Sudan?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)