|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man kick Valentino when he tries to get up?
(a) The back.
(b) The head.
(c) The groin.
(d) The stomach.
2. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
3. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
(a) It was the richest village.
(b) It was the main trading area.
(c) It housed the Sudanese president.
(d) It housed many of the rebels.
4. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
5. Who did Tabitha live with in Seattle?
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
2. What does the man use to hit Valentino?
3. What country did Valentino walk to from Ethiopia?
4. Who leaves Valentino's village before the Arabs attack?
5. What African country is Valentino from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of creation?
2. How do the Arabs destroy Valentino's village?
3. How does Valentino avoid the Arab soldiers in the forest?
4. How does Valentino describe his mother?
5. What problem does Valentino's father have with the rebels?
6. How does Valentino introduce the themes of the book?
7. What does Valentino think about his new life in America?
8. How do Valentino and his mother manage to escape to a compound full of grain?
9. How does Valentino's mother react when they hear horses?
10. How does Valentino show the cultural differences between Americans and Sudanese in Chapter 13?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)