Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Valentino talk to on the walk to the village?
2. What is the African American woman's name?
3. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
4. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
(a) It was the richest village.
(b) It was the main trading area.
(c) It housed the Sudanese president.
(d) It housed many of the rebels.
5. What does the man use to hit Valentino?
(a) A cup.
(b) A gun.
(c) His fists.
(d) A stick.
6. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
(a) The village prince.
(b) The village reverend.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) The village chief.
7. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The city they are traveling to.
(b) How to read a map.
(c) The political situation.
(d) Sudanese law.
8. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
(a) The long grass.
(b) The bomb shelter.
(c) The woodland.
(d) The tunnel.
9. What African country is Valentino from?
10. Where does Dut say his group is traveling to?
11. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
(b) Achor Achor.
12. What is the compound full of?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) Coffee beans.
13. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
(a) Go to America.
(b) Become an actress.
(c) Get a job.
14. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(a) Marial Bai.
15. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
(a) Marial Bai.
(b) Hobrecht Hume.
(c) Mariane Fai
(d) Rova Torn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
2. What does Valentino fetch for Amath?
3. What does Valentino hear while he is helping his mother?
4. What does Valentino's father want to do in Aweil?
5. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)