|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What African country is Valentino from?
2. What is the compound full of?
(b) Coffee beans.
(d) Tea leaves.
3. What does Sadiq request Valentino's father to tell a story about?
(c) The savior's birth.
(d) Civil rights.
4. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
(a) The stream.
(b) The lake.
(c) The river.
(d) The sea.
5. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
(a) Take in prisoners.
(b) Loot the village.
(c) Shoot their guns.
(d) Burn down houses.
6. Where does Deng say he hid from the Arabs?
(a) The coal mine.
(b) The church.
(c) The jungle.
(d) The school.
7. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
(c) A scarf.
(d) A mask.
8. Who leaves Valentino's village before the Arabs attack?
(a) The rebels.
(b) Valentino's father.
(c) Village officials.
(d) The elders.
9. What do the government soldiers say Valentino's father has been giving the rebels?
10. What does Valentino hear while he is helping his mother?
11. Who does Valentino claim started slavery?
(a) The Aztecs.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Africans.
(d) The Arabs.
12. What do some of the older boys steal from the village?
13. Where does Valentino work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A bar.
(d) A gym.
14. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A car.
15. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Tabitha live with in Seattle?
2. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
3. Why does the couple say they have barged into Valentino's house?
4. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
5. What room does the boy run to when Valentino speaks to him?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)