|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
(a) Go to America.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Get a job.
2. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The city they are traveling to.
(b) Sudanese law.
(c) The political situation.
(d) How to read a map.
3. Who do the Dinkas tell Valentino is dead?
(a) The president.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What class did Valentino attend with Tabitha?
(c) Home Economics.
5. What animal did Deng eat that killed him?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A lion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A cow.
6. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
(a) Rova Torn.
(b) Hobrecht Hume.
(c) Mariane Fai
(d) Marial Bai.
7. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
8. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
9. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
(a) A telephone directory.
(b) A bible.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A laptop.
10. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
(c) A mask.
(d) A scarf.
11. What country did Valentino move to from Kenya?
12. What is the compound full of?
(a) Coffee beans.
(b) Tea leaves.
13. What is Valentino worried Michael is looking at in his bedroom?
(a) His photographs.
(b) His diary.
(c) His schoolwork.
(d) His poems.
14. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
15. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) A European American.
(b) A Mexican.
(c) An African American.
(d) An Asian American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
2. What agreement does Valentino say the Arabs ripped up?
3. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
4. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
5. What does Valentino hear while he is helping his mother?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)