|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
2. What is the African American woman's name?
3. Why does Valentino say he likes Arab Sadiq?
(a) He dresses well.
(b) He makes him laugh.
(c) He gives him presents.
(d) He has a car.
4. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
(b) Arab businesses.
(c) Government houses.
(d) Arab houses.
5. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He sees his mother die.
(b) He sees William die.
(c) He is stopped.
(d) He is shot.
6. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
7. What is Valentino worried Michael is looking at in his bedroom?
(a) His poems.
(b) His schoolwork.
(c) His photographs.
(d) His diary.
8. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
9. What does Valentino's father want to do in Aweil?
(a) Set up a shop.
(b) Open a cafe.
(c) Open a bar.
(d) Join the rebels.
10. What country did Valentino move to from Kenya?
11. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) Sudanese law.
(b) The political situation.
(c) The city they are traveling to.
(d) How to read a map.
12. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) A European American.
(b) An African American.
(c) A Mexican.
(d) An Asian American.
13. Who do the Dinkas tell Valentino is dead?
(a) His mother.
(b) The president.
(c) His father.
14. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
15. What animal did Deng eat that killed him?
(a) A cow.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A lion.
(d) A giraffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valentino's mother hear scream?
2. What does Valentino's father say the Sudanese could exchange the cattle for?
3. What city did Tabitha live in?
4. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
5. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)