|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the compound full of?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) Coffee beans.
2. What do some of the older boys steal from the village?
3. What room does the boy run to when Valentino speaks to him?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The lounge.
(d) The kitchen.
4. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
(a) It housed the Sudanese president.
(b) It was the main trading area.
(c) It housed many of the rebels.
(d) It was the richest village.
5. What part of Michael's body did the Arabs chop off?
(a) His nose.
(b) His thumbs,
(c) His hands.
(d) His legs.
6. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
(a) Shoot their guns.
(b) Loot the village.
(c) Take in prisoners.
(d) Burn down houses.
7. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(a) Marial Bai.
8. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
(b) Arab businesses.
(c) Government houses.
(d) Arab houses.
9. Why does the couple say they have barged into Valentino's house?
(a) To repossess his furniture.
(b) To kidnap him.
(c) To rob him.
(d) To use his phone.
10. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
(a) The long grass.
(b) The woodland.
(c) The bomb shelter.
(d) The tunnel.
11. Where does Valentino say he learned about African Americans?
12. What African country is Valentino from?
13. Why does Valentino think the Sudanese have struggled in America?
(a) They don't understand modern culture.
(b) America does want them there.
(c) Their expectations were too high.
(d) It ihas been difficult to find work.
14. Over whose body is Moses standing?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
15. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) How to read a map.
(b) Sudanese law.
(c) The political situation.
(d) The city they are traveling to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentino's father want to do in Aweil?
2. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
3. What do the government soldiers say Valentino's father has been giving the rebels?
4. Who do the Sudanese think have too much freedom in America?
5. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)