|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Taunts him.
(b) Calls his mother.
(d) Closes the bedroom door.
2. What is the capital of Sudan?
3. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
(a) Some long grass.
(b) A bunker.
(c) A tree.
(d) A coal mine.
4. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
(a) Her son is ill.
(b) Her car has broken down.
(c) She has a gas leak.
(d) Her husband is ill.
5. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
6. Where does Deng say he hid from the Arabs?
(a) The church.
(b) The jungle.
(c) The coal mine.
(d) The school.
7. Who leaves Valentino's village before the Arabs attack?
(a) Village officials.
(b) The elders.
(c) The rebels.
(d) Valentino's father.
8. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
(a) It housed many of the rebels.
(b) It was the richest village.
(c) It housed the Sudanese president.
(d) It was the main trading area.
9. What is the African American woman's name?
10. Who did Tabitha live with in Seattle?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
11. What is Valentino worried Michael is looking at in his bedroom?
(a) His photographs.
(b) His poems.
(c) His schoolwork.
(d) His diary.
12. What is the young boy's name?
13. Why does Valentino think the Sudanese have struggled in America?
(a) America does want them there.
(b) It ihas been difficult to find work.
(c) They don't understand modern culture.
(d) Their expectations were too high.
14. What city did Tabitha live in?
(a) New York.
15. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
(b) Arab businesses.
(c) Government houses.
(d) Arab houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Dinkas tell Valentino is dead?
2. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
3. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
4. What does Valentino hear while he is helping his mother?
5. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)