|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He sees his mother die.
(b) He sees William die.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is stopped.
2. What is the African American woman's name?
3. What does Valentino's father say the Sudanese could exchange the cattle for?
(a) The what.
(b) The if.
(d) A television.
4. Who do the Sudanese think have too much freedom in America?
5. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
6. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
7. What does the man use to hit Valentino?
(a) A gun.
(b) His fists.
(c) A cup.
(d) A stick.
8. What is Valentino worried Michael is looking at in his bedroom?
(a) His diary.
(b) His photographs.
(c) His schoolwork.
(d) His poems.
9. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
(a) Some long grass.
(b) A bunker.
(c) A coal mine.
(d) A tree.
10. Who taught Home Economics?
(a) Miss Fork.
(b) Miss Spoon.
(c) Miss Spatula.
(d) Miss Forgiveness.
11. Who did the elders advise the Sudanese to keep away from in America?
(a) European Americans.
(b) Asian Americans.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Native Americans.
12. What room does the boy run to when Valentino speaks to him?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The lounge.
(d) The dining room.
13. Who does Valentino talk to on the walk to the village?
14. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Torture him.
15. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over whose body is Moses standing?
2. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
3. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
4. Why can the robbers not leave the house?
5. What city did Tabitha live in?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)