Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
2. What is the compound full of?
(a) Coffee beans.
(d) Tea leaves.
3. Where does Valentino say he learned about African Americans?
4. Who did the elders advise the Sudanese to keep away from in America?
(a) European Americans.
(b) African Americans.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) Asian Americans.
5. What does Valentino fetch for Amath?
6. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
(a) A lion.
(b) Any man.
(c) Any weightlifter.
(d) A tiger.
7. What does Sadiq request Valentino's father to tell a story about?
(a) Civil rights.
(d) The savior's birth.
8. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) A European American.
(b) An Asian American.
(c) An African American.
(d) A Mexican.
9. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Tie him up.
10. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
11. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He sees William die.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is stopped.
(d) He sees his mother die.
12. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
(a) It housed many of the rebels.
(b) It was the richest village.
(c) It housed the Sudanese president.
(d) It was the main trading area.
13. What is William's main talent?
(c) Chatting up girls.
14. Who does Valentino's mother hear scream?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her friend.
15. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
(b) Moldy food.
(c) A dead baby.
(d) A dead animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentino say he likes Arab Sadiq?
2. What is the name of the group's leader?
3. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
4. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
5. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)