|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does the boy run to when Valentino speaks to him?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The bathroom.
2. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Learn English.
(b) Go to America.
(c) Attend university.
(d) Marry early.
3. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
(a) Marial Bai.
(b) Mariane Fai
(c) Rova Torn.
(d) Hobrecht Hume.
4. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He sees his mother die.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is stopped.
(d) He sees William die.
5. Why can the robbers not leave the house?
(a) They are locked in.
(b) Valentino is dying.
(c) The woman is injured.
(d) There is a policeman outside.
6. What part of Michael's body did the Arabs chop off?
(a) His thumbs,
(b) His nose.
(c) His hands.
(d) His legs.
7. Where does Sadiq allow Valentino to sit?
(a) His horse.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) His car.
(d) His sofa.
8. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cow.
(c) A car.
(d) A horse.
9. What is the African American woman's name?
10. Who does Valentino talk to on the walk to the village?
11. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
(c) A mask.
(d) A scarf.
12. What is the name of the group's leader?
13. What class did Valentino attend with Tabitha?
(a) Home Economics.
14. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
(b) Moldy food.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) A dead baby.
15. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) An African American.
(b) A European American.
(c) An Asian American.
(d) A Mexican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What African country is Valentino from?
2. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
3. How does Valentino try to raise the alarm?
4. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
5. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)