|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
(a) The village doctor.
(b) The village chief.
(c) The village prince.
(d) The village reverend.
2. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. What is the capital of Sudan?
4. What African country is Valentino from?
5. What is the compound full of?
(a) Coffee beans.
(c) Tea leaves.
6. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Go to America.
(b) Marry early.
(c) Learn English.
(d) Attend university.
7. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
(a) European culture.
(b) African culture.
(c) Arab culture.
(d) South American culture.
8. What agreement does Valentino say the Arabs ripped up?
(a) The Mecca agreement.
(b) The Sudan agreement.
(c) The Addis Ababa agreement.
(d) The Nairobi agreement.
9. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
10. Who does Valentino claim started slavery?
(a) The Aztecs.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Africans.
(d) The Arabs.
11. What do the government soldiers say Valentino's father has been giving the rebels?
12. What does Valentino fetch for Amath?
13. Who does Valentino talk to on the walk to the village?
14. What does Sadiq request Valentino's father to tell a story about?
(a) The savior's birth.
(d) Civil rights.
15. Where did Valentino meet Tabitha?
(a) Addis Ababa
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Valentino's girlfriend?
2. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
3. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
4. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
5. What is William's main talent?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)