|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Deng say he hid from the Arabs?
(a) The coal mine.
(b) The church.
(c) The school.
(d) The jungle.
2. What does Valentino's father want to do in Aweil?
(a) Set up a shop.
(b) Join the rebels.
(c) Open a cafe.
(d) Open a bar.
3. Who do the Sudanese think have too much freedom in America?
4. What did Valentino and his two friends guard through the night?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A truck.
(c) A car.
(d) A motorbike.
5. What does Valentino fetch for Amath?
6. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
(a) The village prince.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) The village reverend.
(d) The village chief.
7. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
8. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) An African American.
(b) An Asian American.
(c) A European American.
(d) A Mexican.
9. Where did Valentino meet Tabitha?
(b) Addis Ababa
10. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
(a) It housed the Sudanese president.
(b) It housed many of the rebels.
(c) It was the main trading area.
(d) It was the richest village.
11. What class did Valentino attend with Tabitha?
(d) Home Economics.
12. Where does Dut say his group is traveling to?
13. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Closes the bedroom door.
(b) Taunts him.
(d) Calls his mother.
14. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
(b) A scarf.
(c) A mask.
15. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
(a) A tiger.
(b) Any weightlifter.
(c) Any man.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does William K say the soldiers have killed?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
4. What does Valentino's father say the Sudanese could exchange the cattle for?
5. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)