|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Valentino say he learned about African Americans?
2. Why does Valentino think the Sudanese have struggled in America?
(a) It ihas been difficult to find work.
(b) Their expectations were too high.
(c) They don't understand modern culture.
(d) America does want them there.
3. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He sees his mother die.
(c) He sees William die.
(d) He is stopped.
4. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
5. Where did Valentino meet Tabitha?
(d) Addis Ababa
6. Where does Valentino work?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A gym.
(d) A cafe.
7. Who do the Sudanese think have too much freedom in America?
8. What do rebel soldiers take from Valentino's father's shop without paying?
9. What kind of wife do most of the Sudanese in America want?
(a) A Sudanese wife.
(b) An African-American wife.
(c) An Asian-American wife.
(d) A European wife.
10. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
11. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
(a) The village doctor.
(b) The village chief.
(c) The village prince.
(d) The village reverend.
12. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
13. What country did Valentino walk to from Ethiopia?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
14. What is the name of the main character?
15. Who does Valentino say the rebels are currently killing?
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Home Economics?
2. Why does Valentino say he likes Arab Sadiq?
3. Where does Deng say he hid from the Arabs?
4. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
5. How does Valentino try to raise the alarm?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)