|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(b) Taunts him.
(c) Closes the bedroom door.
(d) Calls his mother.
2. Who does Valentino say the rebels are currently killing?
(c) The police.
3. What do rebel soldiers take from Valentino's father's shop without paying?
4. What room does the boy run to when Valentino speaks to him?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The lounge.
5. Why does the man hit Valentino?
(a) He is getting too cocky.
(b) He refuses to talk.
(c) He tries to run.
(d) He starts to scream.
6. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(b) Marial Bai.
7. Who does Valentino claim started slavery?
(a) The Africans.
(b) The Arabs.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The Americans.
8. What is the name of the main character?
9. Where does Valentino go to get a container for the water?
(a) His mother's kitchen.
(b) His father's shop.
(c) The junkyard.
(d) The museum.
10. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
(a) The stream.
(b) The lake.
(c) The river.
(d) The sea.
11. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Marry early.
(b) Go to America.
(c) Attend university.
(d) Learn English.
12. What animal did Deng eat that killed him?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cow.
13. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The political situation.
(b) How to read a map.
(c) The city they are traveling to.
(d) Sudanese law.
14. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A cow.
15. What is the compound full of?
(b) Tea leaves.
(c) Coffee beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement does Valentino say the Arabs ripped up?
2. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
3. Why does Valentino say Marial Bai suffered more than other villages?
4. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
5. What city did Tabitha live in?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)