|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) Sudanese law.
(b) How to read a map.
(c) The political situation.
(d) The city they are traveling to.
2. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He sees his mother die.
(c) He sees William die.
(d) He is stopped.
3. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
(a) Tie him up.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Kill him.
4. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
(b) Achor Achor.
5. What is the name of Valentino's hometown?
(a) Rova Torn.
(b) Marial Bai.
(c) Mariane Fai
(d) Hobrecht Hume.
6. Where does Valentino say he learned about African Americans?
7. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
(a) The tower.
(b) The village hall.
(c) The woodland.
(d) The church.
8. What country did Valentino move to from Kenya?
9. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) An African American.
(b) An Asian American.
(c) A Mexican.
(d) A European American.
10. What do rebel soldiers take from Valentino's father's shop without paying?
11. What country does Valentino walk to with Dut's group?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
12. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
(a) The bomb shelter.
(b) The tunnel.
(c) The woodland.
(d) The long grass.
13. Where did Valentino meet Tabitha?
(b) Addis Ababa
14. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
15. What does Valentino's father want to do in Aweil?
(a) Join the rebels.
(b) Set up a shop.
(c) Open a cafe.
(d) Open a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do the villagers attack the boys?
2. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
3. Why does the man hit Valentino?
4. Who do the Sudanese think have too much freedom in America?
5. Why does Valentino think the Sudanese have struggled in America?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)