|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
(a) A dead baby.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) Moldy food.
2. Who does Valentino say his mother is as strong as?
(a) Any man.
(b) A lion.
(c) Any weightlifter.
(d) A tiger.
3. Where does Valentino say he learned about African Americans?
4. What is the capital of Sudan?
5. What did Valentino and his two friends guard through the night?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A truck.
(c) A car.
(d) A motorbike.
6. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The city they are traveling to.
(b) Sudanese law.
(c) How to read a map.
(d) The political situation.
7. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Taunts him.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Closes the bedroom door.
8. What country did Valentino walk to from Sudan?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
9. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Marry early.
(b) Go to America.
(c) Attend university.
(d) Learn English.
10. What is the name of Valentino's girlfriend?
11. What does the boy drop on Valentino's head?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A laptop.
(c) A telephone directory.
(d) A bible.
12. What is the name of Valentino's tribe?
13. What is the star Sadiq gives Valentino made from?
14. What city did Tabitha live in?
(a) New York.
15. Who arrives at Valentino's apartment in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the robbers not leave the house?
2. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
3. What does Valentino say the rebels are burning down?
4. What is the young boy's name?
5. What do the soldiers do to Valentino's father when he questions their actions?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)