|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Valentino tries to find another hiding place?
(a) He sees his mother die.
(b) He is stopped.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He sees William die.
2. What is the capital of Sudan?
3. Where does Sadiq allow Valentino to sit?
(a) His sofa.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) His car.
(d) His horse.
4. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(b) Marial Bai.
5. Where does Valentino go to fetch the water?
(a) The lake.
(b) The sea.
(c) The stream.
(d) The river.
6. What is the name of the main character?
7. Why does Valentino say he likes Arab Sadiq?
(a) He has a car.
(b) He makes him laugh.
(c) He dresses well.
(d) He gives him presents.
8. What does Dut explain to Valentino?
(a) The city they are traveling to.
(b) How to read a map.
(c) Sudanese law.
(d) The political situation.
9. Who does Dut talk to at the village?
(a) The village chief.
(b) The village reverend.
(c) The village prince.
(d) The village doctor.
10. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bunker.
(c) A coal mine.
(d) Some long grass.
11. Where does Valentino work?
(a) A gym.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A bar.
12. Who did Tabitha live with in Seattle?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
13. Who does Valentino say the rebels are currently killing?
(c) The police.
14. Why does the woman say she needs to use Valentino's phone?
(a) She has a gas leak.
(b) Her husband is ill.
(c) Her car has broken down.
(d) Her son is ill.
15. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
(b) Achor Achor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wife do most of the Sudanese in America want?
2. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
3. What do rebel soldiers take from Valentino's father's shop without paying?
4. What animal did Deng eat that killed him?
5. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)