|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
(a) Go to America.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Get a job.
2. What is the star Sadiq gives Valentino made from?
3. Who did the elders advise the Sudanese to keep away from in America?
(a) European Americans.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Asian Americans.
4. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) A Mexican.
(b) An Asian American.
(c) A European American.
(d) An African American.
5. Who taught Home Economics?
(a) Miss Spoon.
(b) Miss Spatula.
(c) Miss Fork.
(d) Miss Forgiveness.
6. What part of Michael's body did the Arabs chop off?
(a) His hands.
(b) His thumbs,
(c) His legs.
(d) His nose.
7. What is the name of the main character?
8. What do the Arabs do for one hour?
(a) Loot the village.
(b) Shoot their guns.
(c) Burn down houses.
(d) Take in prisoners.
9. What does the man use to hit Valentino?
(a) His fists.
(b) A stick.
(c) A cup.
(d) A gun.
10. What country did Valentino walk to from Ethiopia?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
11. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
(a) Marial Bai.
12. Who leaves Valentino's village before the Arabs attack?
(a) The rebels.
(b) Village officials.
(c) The elders.
(d) Valentino's father.
13. Where does Valentino hide when his mother does not return?
(a) The tower.
(b) The church.
(c) The village hall.
(d) The woodland.
14. What class did Valentino attend with Tabitha?
(a) Home Economics.
15. Why does Valentino say he likes Arab Sadiq?
(a) He makes him laugh.
(b) He dresses well.
(c) He gives him presents.
(d) He has a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Tabitha live with in Seattle?
2. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
3. Who does Valentino say the rebels are currently killing?
4. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
5. What does Valentino say is only a few week away from happening in Sudan?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)