|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the star Sadiq gives Valentino made from?
2. Who did the elders advise the Sudanese to keep away from in America?
(a) African Americans.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) Asian Americans.
(d) European Americans.
3. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
(b) Get a job.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Go to America.
4. Where does Valentino run to when he leaves the church?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The desert.
(c) The forest.
(d) The jungle.
5. Over whose body is Moses standing?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
6. What do the robbers put over Valentino's mouth?
(b) A scarf.
(d) A mask.
7. What did Valentino and his two friends guard through the night?
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A motorbike.
(d) A truck.
8. What country did Valentino move to from Kenya?
9. What kind of wife do most of the Sudanese in America want?
(a) An Asian-American wife.
(b) A Sudanese wife.
(c) An African-American wife.
(d) A European wife.
10. Where does Dut say his group is traveling to?
11. What do some of the older boys steal from the village?
12. Who does Valentino claim started slavery?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Aztecs.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The Africans.
13. What does Valentino hear while he is helping his mother?
14. Why does the couple say they have barged into Valentino's house?
(a) To repossess his furniture.
(b) To use his phone.
(c) To kidnap him.
(d) To rob him.
15. Who taught Home Economics?
(a) Miss Forgiveness.
(b) Miss Spoon.
(c) Miss Spatula.
(d) Miss Fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man hit Valentino?
2. Where does Valentino's mother take him when they hear horses?
3. Who do the Dinkas tell Valentino is dead?
4. Where does Valentino's father say they can live peacefully?
5. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)