|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves Valentino's village before the Arabs attack?
(a) Village officials.
(b) The elders.
(c) Valentino's father.
(d) The rebels.
2. What does Michael do when Valentino calls his name?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Closes the bedroom door.
(c) Taunts him.
3. To whom does Valentino open his door?
(a) A Mexican.
(b) An Asian American.
(c) A European American.
(d) An African American.
4. Where does Valentino go to get a container for the water?
(a) The junkyard.
(b) The museum.
(c) His father's shop.
(d) His mother's kitchen.
5. What does the Arab soldier accidentally shoot?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A horse.
(c) A car.
(d) A cow.
6. What city did Tabitha live in?
(a) New York.
7. What is the official name for the rebel soldiers?
8. What is the young boy's name?
9. Where did Valentino spend the night after he escaped from the Arabs the second time?
(a) A bunker.
(b) Some long grass.
(c) A tree.
(d) A coal mine.
10. What is the name of the man Valentino lives with?
(a) Achor Achor.
11. Where does Deng say he hid from the Arabs?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The jungle.
(d) The coal mine.
12. What did Tabitha's mother refuse to allow her daughter to do?
(a) Attend university.
(b) Learn English.
(c) Marry early.
(d) Go to America.
13. What culture recognizes Sharia law?
(a) European culture.
(b) African culture.
(c) Arab culture.
(d) South American culture.
14. Where does Sadiq allow Valentino to sit?
(a) His car.
(b) His sofa.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His horse.
15. What is the capital of Sudan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tabitha's mother encourage her daughter to do?
2. What does Sadiq request Valentino's father to tell a story about?
3. Who does Valentino talk to on the walk to the village?
4. Why does Valentino think the Sudanese have struggled in America?
5. What did the soldiers think was in the locker?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)