|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Asa retaliate for Dave's throwing a baseball at him?
(a) He refuses to get in the car.
(b) He hits a fast ball over Dave's head.
(c) He spills his Coke in Dave's car.
(d) He throws a ball at Dave's ribs.
2. Asa is surprised that the girl in #140 know what about him?
(a) That he grew up in California.
(b) That he knows how to get to know people.
(c) That he is painfully shy.
(d) That he knows how to ride a motorcycle.
3. On what part of Asa's body does Dave aim the baseball pitch?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His ribs.
(d) His leg.
4. From what illness does Asa's mother suffer?
(b) Clinical depression.
(d) Muscular Dystrophy.
5. What is Asa's mother doing on most days when he comes home from school?
(c) Fixing dinner.
(d) Watching old movies on TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave always walks into Asa's room without knocking as though expecting to catch Asa ___________________.
2. What book is Asa reading in his room one Saturday morning when Dave walks in unannounced?
3. When are Asa and his mother moving out of the house?
4. Who is the girl Asa is in love with?
5. How does Jean react when Asa declares his love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Asa's mother start practicing baseball with Asa and what is she shocked to see when Asa's is shirtless one day?
2. Where do Dave and Asa take Asa's mother after she tried to commit suicide and what event will Asa miss as a result?
3. How does the author let the reader have some sympathy for Dave as a result of his relationship with Asa's mother?
4. What does Asa's mother tell him about love when he tells her that he is in love with someone?
5. Why does Asa's mother decide that she no longer wants to take her antidepressant medication?
6. What position does Asa play on his Little League team and how good of a player is he?
7. How well is the game going for Asa and his Little League team and what good plays does Asa make?
8. How does the story, "Out" begin and what is the content of the story?
9. What is Asa's mother's psychological condition and what responsibility does Asa have for her on a daily basis?
10. Who gives Asa the candy hearts and how is the loving mood broken by the teacher's announcement?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)