|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the car when Dave is driving Asa and his mother to Raleigh?
(a) The windshield is hit by a rock.
(b) The car gets a flat tire.
(c) The car is side-swiped.
(d) The engine overheats.
2. How old is Asa in this story?
3. In what city has Dave found an apartment for Asa and his mother?
4. Counting the new house in this story, how many houses has Asa lived in during his life?
5. What news does Asa's mother give him when he comes home from school?
(a) She is divorcing Dave.
(b) She is going to have a baby.
(c) She is going back to the hospital.
(d) She has reconciled with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Asa is in love with?
2. What does Jean do when the teacher announces that Asa is leaving?
3. What does Dave want to do with Asa when he enters his room unannounced on a Saturday morning?
4. Where had Asa's mother been for the last year?
5. What is the opposing team in Asa's Little League game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jean's reaction when Asa tells her he loves her?
2. Why does Asa find it impossible to tell Dave that he loves him?
3. How well is the game going for Asa and his Little League team and what good plays does Asa make?
4. What grade is Asa in in "What Hearts" and who is the girl he loves?
5. Who gives Asa the candy hearts and how is the loving mood broken by the teacher's announcement?
6. Where do Dave and Asa take Asa's mother after she tried to commit suicide and what event will Asa miss as a result?
7. How does Asa's mother try to kill herself in one night?
8. How does Asa finally get the nice bedroom and why does Dave often walk in without knocking?
9. Why does Dave not want Asa to get the nice upstairs bedroom in the new house?
10. Why do Asa and his mother not end up moving into the apartment in Raleigh?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)