|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Asa's last name?
2. What Roman character is Asa assigned to be in an oral presentation?
3. What color tie does Joel wear to Show Night?
4. Dave pays for Asa to ride the ___________________.
(c) Ferris wheel.
(d) bumper cars.
5. What does Asa get out of his mother's purse?
(b) Airline ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holds Asa secure in the roller coaster seat?
2. What was the name of Asa's Little League team?
3. What does Asa do in his room as he practices the poem Joel wants to recite?
4. How many stories are contained within "What Hearts"?
5. Why does Asa feel sad when he goes to Joel's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Asa get from his mother when he returns home from school, and how does he respond to the news?
2. Who is Dave and how do he and Asa get along at their first meeting?
3. How does Dave behave with Asa around, and what does Asa's mother do to try to minimize Dave's bad behavior?
4. How does Asa try to keep the poem practices moving forward after Joel begins to miss practice sessions?
5. What is Dave's demeanor after Asa's mother gets Asa off the roller coaster ride?
6. What is the name of the new poem that Asa picks out and what struggle does Asa have with Joel regarding the new poem?
7. Who does Asa see at the back of the auditorium as he is waiting backstage at Show Night?
8. What city will Asa be leaving and where will he be going to live with his mother?
9. What do Asa and Dave do while Asa's mother talks to Asa's father on the phone?
10. What things has Asa brought home with him on the last day of school?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)