|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asa first notice about Dave?
(a) He is missing a little finger.
(b) He braids his hair.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is nearly bald.
2. What does Asa order at the restaurant when he goes with his mother and stepfather?
3. To what state is Asa's mother going to take him?
(a) North Carolina.
4. In what city does Asa currently live?
(c) Washington D.C.
5. To whom does Asa try to give his school project vegetables?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) His friend's mother.
(c) The crossing guard.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many beds are in the bungalow Asa shares with his mother?
2. What kind of restaurant do Asa's mother and stepfather dine at before going to Show Night?
3. Why does Asa feel sad when he goes to Joel's house?
4. What is Asa's mother doing when Asa returns home?
5. What does Asa do when he rides the roller coaster the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Asa revert to the old poem and include Joel in the recitation?
2. Explain the structure of the novel in terms of stories and characters.
3. Who is Dave and how do he and Asa get along at their first meeting?
4. What has Asa learned about making friends as a side benefit of his moving around so much?
5. How does Asa try to keep the poem practices moving forward after Joel begins to miss practice sessions?
6. What problem does Joel have with the new poem?
7. Why is Asa so desperate to be liked by his classmates?
8. What do Dave, Asa and Asa's mother do after dinner on their first night together?
9. Who is Asa, and what is he doing as the novel begins?
10. What does it show about Asa's character when he decides to recite the old poem with Joel at his side?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)