|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asa learn about his parents?
(a) They have bought a new house.
(b) They are getting married.
(c) They are going on vacation.
(d) They are getting a divorce.
2. To whom does Asa try to give his school project vegetables?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) His friend's mother.
(c) His mother.
(d) The crossing guard.
3. What color dress does Mrs. Brock wear on Show Night?
4. Why is the one of the girls dancing onstage crying?
(a) She spilled punch on her costume.
(b) She tore her tights.
(c) She was not allowed to wear makeup.
(d) She lost her sparkly headband.
5. What is the name of the person in #8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ride operator say when Asa returns to ride the roller coaster?
2. What does Asa do when he rides the roller coaster the second time?
3. What type of jacket is Joel wearing?
4. What was the name of Asa's Little League team?
5. What Roman character is Asa assigned to be in an oral presentation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Asa and Dave do while Asa's mother talks to Asa's father on the phone?
2. How does Asa react to the roller coaster ride?
3. How is Asa introduced to the class, and what is the first project he will work on with other boys?
4. How does Asa try to endear Dave to him when they meet?
5. How does Asa try to keep the poem practices moving forward after Joel begins to miss practice sessions?
6. What news does Asa get from his mother when he returns home from school, and how does he respond to the news?
7. Why does Joel's mother call Asa, and what does she offer to do regarding Joel and the poem?
8. What things has Asa brought home with him on the last day of school?
9. Why does Asa push ahead in line to perform earlier than scheduled when he sees Joel in the auditorium?
10. What is the poem Joel has selected to present on Show Night and how does Asa feel about it?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)