|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable has Asa grown as a class project?
(c) Green beans.
2. What color of trousers is Joel wearing?
3. What has the librarian given to Asa?
(a) A book.
(b) A library card.
(c) A book bag.
(d) A t-shirt.
4. The poem Joel wants to recite is about _______________________.
(a) a pianist.
(b) a boy who dies.
(c) an artist.
(d) a shepherd.
5. What does Asa learn about his parents?
(a) They are getting married.
(b) They have bought a new house.
(c) They are going on vacation.
(d) They are getting a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ocean Asa sees from the roller coaster?
2. The peeling red light bulbs on the rides remind Asa of what?
3. How easily does Asa make friends in his new classroom?
4. What is the name of the person in #8?
5. What does Bobby usually talk to Asa about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asa react to the roller coaster ride?
2. What news does Asa get from his mother when he returns home from school, and how does he respond to the news?
3. What do Asa and Dave do while Asa's mother talks to Asa's father on the phone?
4. Who is Asa, and what is he doing as the novel begins?
5. Why does Asa push ahead in line to perform earlier than scheduled when he sees Joel in the auditorium?
6. Who is Bobby Levy?
7. What helps Asa make new friends in his class?
8. What is Show Night, and who is Asa teamed with to do a presentation?
9. How is Asa introduced to the class, and what is the first project he will work on with other boys?
10. What is the poem Joel has selected to present on Show Night and how does Asa feel about it?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)