|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dave and Asa's mother do when they return home?
(b) Drink some wine.
(c) Sit on the lawn chair together.
(d) Go to bed.
2. Who practices baseball with Asa when he and Dave no longer go together?
(a) Asa's father.
(b) Mr. Kiley.
(c) Asa's mother.
(d) Coach Henderson.
3. Who is the catcher on the team in #103 who taunts Asa when he is up to bat?
(a) James Neal.
(b) James Hall.
(c) James Norton.
(d) James Hill.
4. What does Dave want to do with Asa when he enters his room unannounced on a Saturday morning?
(a) Play golf.
(b) Watch cartoons.
(c) Play football.
(d) Go fishing.
5. In what city has Dave found an apartment for Asa and his mother?
6. What is the name of the hospital where Asa's mother is being taken?
(a) Taylor Regional Hospital.
(b) Chapel Hill Hospital.
(c) Raleigh Psychiatric.
(d) Butner Hospital.
7. What does Asa's mother hint at regarding Dave?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) They are moving to Boston.
(c) She is going to have a baby.
(d) They are going to renew their vows.
8. What color of eyes does the girl in #140 have?
9. How does Dave feel about baseball?
(a) He lives for the game.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He can take it or leave it.
(d) He dislikes it.
10. Why does Asa's mother not want to take her pills anymore?
(a) She thinks she is better now.
(b) She doesn't like the weight gain.
(c) She doesn't like to spend the money on them.
(d) She doesn't want to live in a fog.
11. What does Asa look at closely after he talks to Jean?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Jean's picture.
(c) The candy hearts.
(d) His shoes.
12. How does Asa retaliate for Dave's throwing a baseball at him?
(a) He spills his Coke in Dave's car.
(b) He refuses to get in the car.
(c) He throws a ball at Dave's ribs.
(d) He hits a fast ball over Dave's head.
13. Dave always walks into Asa's room without knocking as though expecting to catch Asa ___________________.
(a) doing something wrong.
(b) working on model airplanes.
(c) changing clothes.
14. Who does Asa telephone when he returns home?
15. Asa thinks Dave is like a/an ____________________ when it comes to parenting.
(a) average guy.
(d) bulldog sergeant major.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean react when Asa declares his love?
2. What is Jean's demeanor when Asa calls him?
3. Who is the boy who has declared his love for Jean?
4. What is the name of Asa's Little League team?
5. What book is Asa reading in his room one Saturday morning when Dave walks in unannounced?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)