|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Asa retaliate for Dave's throwing a baseball at him?
(a) He throws a ball at Dave's ribs.
(b) He spills his Coke in Dave's car.
(c) He refuses to get in the car.
(d) He hits a fast ball over Dave's head.
2. What does Asa tell Jean that will always mean something to him?
(a) The hearts.
(b) The love letters.
(c) Their phone calls.
(d) The Christmas gift.
3. What does Asa look at closely after he talks to Jean?
(a) The candy hearts.
(b) A love letter.
(c) His shoes.
(d) Jean's picture.
4. What is Jean's demeanor when Asa calls him?
5. What does Jean do when the teacher announces that Asa is leaving?
(a) She curses him.
(b) She yells.
(c) She runs from the room.
(d) She cries.
6. Dave always walks into Asa's room without knocking as though expecting to catch Asa ___________________.
(a) working on model airplanes.
(b) changing clothes.
(c) doing something wrong.
7. Why does Asa feel encouraged about the words on the candy hearts?
(a) They mean that something good is in store for the future.
(b) They mean that he is capable of attracting a girl.
(c) They mean that he has loved and lost.
(d) They mean that he is cute.
8. What does Asa ask his mother one day after he comes home from school?
(a) What do you do when you're in love.
(b) If she will go on a college visit with him.
(c) If he can get a tattoo.
(d) What they are having for dinner.
9. Which Little League team has not scored a single run in the first four games of the season?
(a) The HotHead Burritos Hot Heads.
(b) The Portland Fire Department Flames.
(c) The Quik-E-Freeze Cool Guys.
(d) The Pins Bowling Alley Strikers.
10. Who is in the stands watching Asa's Little League game?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His mother and grandmother.
(c) His mother and stepfather.
(d) His mother and grandfather.
11. What does Jean say to Asa when he mentions the items in #176?
(a) Me too.
(b) I meant every word.
(c) What hearts.
(d) Thank you.
12. On what part of Asa's body does Dave aim the baseball pitch?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His ribs.
13. What does Asa think is the problem with playing the second baseball game of the evening?
(a) The lights are too bright.
(b) The dew makes the grass slick.
(c) The sun gets in his eyes.
(d) Nobody comes to watch.
14. What is Asa's mother shocked to see on his body?
(a) A scar.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A cut.
(d) A bruise.
15. Asa has been in his current school for how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave holding when he enters Asa's room unannounced one Saturday morning?
2. Who is the boy who has declared his love for Jean?
3. What book is Asa reading in his room one Saturday morning when Dave walks in unannounced?
4. To what city do Dave and Asa drive Asa's mother?
5. What does Asa's mother hint at regarding Dave?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)