|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do one day during baseball practice when he becomes annoyed with Asa?
(a) Curses at Asa.
(b) Refuses to throw.
(c) Hits Asa with a baseball.
(d) Stomps off the field.
2. To what city do Dave and Asa drive Asa's mother?
3. Why does Asa's mother not want to take her pills anymore?
(a) She thinks she is better now.
(b) She doesn't want to live in a fog.
(c) She doesn't like the weight gain.
(d) She doesn't like to spend the money on them.
4. How does Dave feel about baseball?
(a) He can take it or leave it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He lives for the game.
(d) He dislikes it.
5. On what part of Asa's body does Dave aim the baseball pitch?
(a) His arm.
(b) His ribs.
(c) His leg.
(d) His head.
6. Asa has been in his current school for how many years?
7. What is Dave holding when he enters Asa's room unannounced one Saturday morning?
(a) A football.
(b) Car keys.
(c) A McDonald's breakfast.
(d) A book.
8. Dave always walks into Asa's room without knocking as though expecting to catch Asa ___________________.
(a) doing something wrong.
(c) changing clothes.
(d) working on model airplanes.
9. Asa knows that ______________ scrutinizes everything he does during a ballgame.
(a) Coach Henderson.
(b) Mr. Chasen.
(d) Asa's mother.
10. Asa's mother tells him that being ______________ is as much a choice as anything else.
(a) being angry.
(b) being in love.
(c) being happy.
(d) being sad.
11. What does Jean do when the teacher announces that Asa is leaving?
(a) She cries.
(b) She yells.
(c) She runs from the room.
(d) She curses him.
12. Who is the catcher on the team in #103 who taunts Asa when he is up to bat?
(a) James Norton.
(b) James Hall.
(c) James Hill.
(d) James Neal.
13. Where had Asa's mother been for the last year?
(a) A psychiatric hospital.
(b) Vacationing with a friend.
(c) Visiting her mother.
(d) At his father's house.
14. What is the opposing team in Asa's Little League game?
(a) Just Inn Time B&B.
(b) Table Top Bakery.
(c) Art's Deli.
(d) Zapp's Electricians.
15. How is Asa awakened in the middle of the night?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) Someone pounding on the door.
(c) Dave is shaking him.
(d) A police car siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of eyes does the girl in #140 have?
2. Who practices baseball with Asa when he and Dave no longer go together?
3. Asa thinks Dave is like a/an ____________________ when it comes to parenting.
4. What is written on the items that Jean has sent to Asa?
5. What does Asa ask his mother one day after he comes home from school?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)