|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Asa currently live?
(c) Washington D.C.
2. What does Asa do when he leaves the bungalow in the night?
(a) Strolls along the boardwalk.
(b) Looks for his mother everywhere.
(c) Walks along the ocean.
(d) Rides the rollercoaster again.
3. How many beds are in the bungalow Asa shares with his mother?
4. Why does Asa try to move forward in the Show Night schedule?
(a) To finish before the band sets up.
(b) To finish before Joel sees him.
(c) To finish because he is not feeling well.
(d) To finish so he can leave early.
5. About how many people are in the audience at Show Night?
6. The girls in the room are wrapping themselves in _________________.
(c) bed sheets.
(d) bathroom tissue.
7. What is Dave's demeanor toward Asa as they drive in the car from the airport?
8. Who does Asa see standing at the back of the room as he is on stage?
(a) Asa's father.
(b) Asa's neighbor.
(d) Joel's mother.
9. What grade has Asa just completed?
10. How does Joel get to Show Night?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) He walks.
(c) His mother drives him.
(d) He takes a bus.
11. What color of trousers is Joel wearing?
12. Which of the following is something that Asa does NOT see in his new classroom?
(c) Cursive alphabet flashcards.
(d) Fat books.
13. What color is the ocean Asa sees from the roller coaster?
14. Who is Dave?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Asa's brother.
(c) The cab driver.
(d) Asa's mother's boyfriend.
15. What topic is Asa responsible for in the oral presentation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Asa entering at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the new poem which Asa wants to recite?
3. Why does Asa decide to recite Joel's poem with Joel?
4. What has the librarian given to Asa?
5. Who is the comic book freak in Asa's class?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)