|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Asa see sitting around his mother?
(a) Cookie trays.
(c) Snack wrappers.
(d) Used tissues.
2. What is Asa doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Swimming in a pool.
(d) Walking home from school.
3. Why does Joel's mother call Asa?
(a) To tell him that Joel will not be ready to read the new poem.
(b) To offer to take him to the program.
(c) To invite him for supper.
(d) To tell him that Joel is sick and can't perform.
4. What is Asa's mother doing when Asa returns home?
(a) Sitting in front of their apartment.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Making cookies.
(d) Crying in her bedroom.
5. What makes it easy for Asa to get new friends?
(a) He is nice to the geeks.
(b) He is very funny.
(c) He is shy at first.
(d) He has moved around a lot.
6. Joel's mother says she will keep Joel at home and distract him with a game of _________________.
7. Why does Asa decide to recite Joel's poem with Joel?
(a) He wants to take the easy way out.
(b) He wants to keep Joel as a friend.
(c) He knows the program is running too long.
(d) He wants to get a good grade.
8. Who is Asa's new teacher?
(a) Miss Loudon.
(b) Mr. Beumer.
(c) Mrs. Brock.
(d) Mrs. Kerrigan.
9. What does Asa see when he runs into the apartment?
(a) It is empty.
(b) Racks of clothes.
(c) Boxes of dishes.
(d) His bike.
10. With whom is Asa teamed to read a poem for Show Night?
11. What agreement do Asa and Joel's mother make regarding Joel's participation in Show Night?
(a) Asa and Joel will read the new poem together.
(b) Joel will read the new poem by himself.
(c) Asa will read the new poem by himself.
(d) Joel will read his original poem.
12. What do Asa, his mother and Dave do after dinner?
(a) Walk on the boardwalk.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Build a sandcastle.
(d) Swim in the ocean.
13. What does the ride operator say when Asa returns to ride the roller coaster?
(a) Wonders never cease.
(b) What the hell.
(c) I'll be damned.
(d) Feeling brave.
14. What was the name of Asa's Little League team?
15. What Roman character is Asa assigned to be in an oral presentation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joel's last name?
2. What does Asa order at the restaurant when he goes with his mother and stepfather?
3. Asa can see that the boys in class are waving __________________.
4. What is one of Asa's skills in making friends?
5. What does Asa do when the balloon bursts?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)