|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mrs. Brock named the classroom for Show Night?
(b) The green room.
(c) Grand Central Station.
2. What does Asa do when he leaves the bungalow in the night?
(a) Walks along the ocean.
(b) Rides the rollercoaster again.
(c) Strolls along the boardwalk.
(d) Looks for his mother everywhere.
3. What is Asa's mood at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What does Asa first notice about Dave?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He braids his hair.
(c) He is nearly bald.
(d) He is missing a little finger.
5. Why does Joel have a rubber band around his ankles?
(a) To keep his pants out of the bicycle spokes.
(b) To set a trend.
(c) To keep his socks up.
(d) To keep his papers from blowing away.
6. Why does Asa scream while on the ride?
(a) He tries to get the man to stop the ride.
(b) His mother and Dave have walked away.
(c) He has dropped his wallet.
(d) He has vomited on the ride.
7. How old is Asa at the beginning of the story?
8. Dave pays for Asa to ride the ___________________.
(c) bumper cars.
(d) Ferris wheel.
9. What vegetable has Asa grown as a class project?
(d) Green beans.
10. What is the name of the poem Asa is to recite with the boy in #65?
(a) Onward and Upward.
(b) Homeward Bound.
(c) Little Boy Blue.
(d) Easy Traveler.
11. What name does Dave call Asa after the carnival ride?
(a) A pansy.
(b) A geek.
(c) A nerd.
(d) A sissy.
12. Asa can see that the boys in class are waving __________________.
(a) their hands.
(c) cardboard swords.
13. Which of the following is NOT something Asa showed off with on the playground?
(d) Jump rope.
14. What is Asa's last name?
15. What does Asa do in his determination to make Dave like him?
(a) Offers to wash his car.
(b) Stays really still in the car.
(c) Tells him imaginative stories.
(d) Does not talk unless he is asked a question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holds Asa secure in the roller coaster seat?
2. What is the name of the new poem which Asa wants to recite?
3. What does Asa realize when he wakes in the night?
4. Who makes the ride operator stop the ride so Asa can get off?
5. Why does Asa get frustrated at working on a poem with Joel?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)