|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Roman character is Asa assigned to be in an oral presentation?
2. About how many people are in the audience at Show Night?
3. What color is the ocean Asa sees from the roller coaster?
4. What do Dave and Asa do while Asa's mother phones his father?
(a) Stand outside the telephone booth.
(b) Shoot pool.
(c) Eat ice cream cones.
(d) Walk on the beach.
5. How easily does Asa make friends in his new classroom?
(a) It takes a while for kids to warm up to him.
(b) Very easily.
(c) He doesn't make friends.
(d) He is hesitant to make friends quickly.
6. Why had Asa not liked the poem Joel had originally picked out?
(a) It was too long.
(b) It had too many hard words.
(c) It was too baby-like.
(d) It didn't rhyme.
7. Why does Asa try to move forward in the Show Night schedule?
(a) To finish before the band sets up.
(b) To finish because he is not feeling well.
(c) To finish before Joel sees him.
(d) To finish so he can leave early.
8. What does Asa learn about his parents?
(a) They have bought a new house.
(b) They are getting a divorce.
(c) They are going on vacation.
(d) They are getting married.
9. How can Asa tell the spirit of a classroom?
(a) By playing with classmates.
(b) By seeing the art area.
(c) By sniffing the air.
(d) By meeting the teacher.
10. Joel's mother says she will keep Joel at home and distract him with a game of _________________.
11. What does Bobby usually talk to Asa about?
(a) His soccer games.
(b) Science fiction books.
(c) Television programs.
(d) Major league baseball.
12. What grade has Asa just completed?
13. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The first day of school.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The last day of school.
(d) Moving day.
14. Asa finds a poem about a/an _____________ which he thinks is interesting.
15. What is the name of the poem Asa is to recite with the boy in #65?
(a) Homeward Bound.
(b) Easy Traveler.
(c) Onward and Upward.
(d) Little Boy Blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Asa try to give his school project vegetables?
2. What does Asa order at the restaurant when he goes with his mother and stepfather?
3. What does Asa get out of his mother's purse?
4. Why does Asa decide to recite Joel's poem with Joel?
5. What does Asa first notice about Dave?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)