|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Truth"?
2. Who is the author of "Each Night"?
3. In "I Give You Back," the author writes "so you can no longer keep me naked and ____ in the winter"?
4. In "Benavides, Texas, 1906," a two-month-old newspaper warns ranchers to expect relatives due to what?
5. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of family in "Leaving the Light On." What does the author wonder about his parents? What conclusions does he find?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structural elements of the poems "Breath" and "Bittersweet." What elements of repetition can be seen? What is the rhyme and meter of each?
Essay Topic 3
How is the sense of loss described in Chris Mahon's "This Isn't Fair"? What characters are in the poem and how are they described?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)