Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Fame," fame does not care what?
2. Who wrote "I Give You Back"?
3. "Journey" is written by whom?
4. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
5. Where did the narrator find his ancestor's name in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the theme of isolation in "Divorce" and "Where on This Earth." What symbolism and imagery do the authors employ in the works?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of words and language in "Naming" and "Learning Persian." How do the authors of these poems use personification in language?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the religious allusion and symbolism in "Shedding Skin" and "Invisibility." What do these poems have in common?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)