|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "What Came to Me"?
2. How is Tutu's hair described in "Tutu on the Curb"?
3. "Autumn Quince" was written by whom?
4. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
5. In "Autumn Quince," the promises that are never returned to are what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structural elements of the poems "Breath" and "Bittersweet." What elements of repetition can be seen? What is the rhyme and meter of each?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the themes in "Battleground State Park" and "Son, Skating." What is the setting of each poem? Who are the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of family in "Leaving the Light On." What does the author wonder about his parents? What conclusions does he find?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)