|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Waking Up in the Morning"?
2. Who is the author of the poem "Insurance"?
3. In "Each Night," images in dreams flash and fade in these darkened walls, and the author wants to climb into what?
4. Who wrote the poem "Fame"?
5. Who wrote "The Memory Prayer"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of words and language in "Naming" and "Learning Persian." How do the authors of these poems use personification in language?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of language in "What Gets Lost/Lo Que Se Pierde." What structural choices does the author make in the work and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the theme of isolation in "Divorce" and "Where on This Earth." What symbolism and imagery do the authors employ in the works?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)