|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem of Memye Curtis Tucker's is included in the collection?
(a) "The Changeling."
(d) "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage."
2. Who wrote "What Came to Me"?
(a) Jane Kenyon.
(b) Cathy Song.
(c) Jay Bremyer.
(d) Robert Phillips.
3. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Cyrus Cassells.
(b) Quintin Prout.
(c) Dwight Fullingim.
(d) Jack Brannon.
4. Who is the author of "My Valhalla"?
(a) Mary Ann Wehler.
(b) Nuala Archer.
(c) Robert Phillips.
(d) Yamanoguchi Baku.
5. In "Truth," the author's world has always been what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "My Grandmother Told Us Jokes"?
2. Who is the author of "Letter to an Ancestor"?
3. Who is the author of "The Colors of Another Home"?
4. Who wrote "The Memory Prayer"?
5. The author of "Father, Herald Me Home" asks her father to "reach across and pull me over the" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
2. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
3. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
4. What things does the author describe seeing in "My Valhalla"?
5. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
6. What does the performer do after leaving the stage in "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage"?
7. Why had the author paid close attention to the heard in "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
8. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
9. What does the author give back in "I Give You Back"? What is personified?
10. How is snow personified in "Avalanche"?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)