|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Year's End"?
(a) Jack Gilbert.
(b) Bruce Bennett.
(c) Ted Kooser.
(d) David Keefe.
2. In Rosellen Brown's untitled poem, who asks what friends are for?
3. Who wrote the poem "Avalanche"?
(a) David B. Prather.
(b) Eric Zuckerman.
(c) Ali Abunimah.
(d) John Phillip Santos.
4. Who is the author of "My Valhalla"?
(a) Robert Phillips.
(b) Mary Ann Wehler.
(c) Nuala Archer.
(d) Yamanoguchi Baku.
5. "A Serenade" is written by whom?
(a) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(b) Sekine Hiroshi.
(c) Leroy V. Quintana.
(d) Susan Marie Scavo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Give You Back," the author writes "so you can no longer keep me naked and ____ in the winter"?
2. Who do people curse in the poem "Avalanche"?
3. Who wrote "Cannon Beach"?
4. Who wrote "Raised Violence"?
5. The author of "Father, Herald Me Home" asks her father to "reach across and pull me over the" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
2. "She had thought" describes what thoughts of the author's?
3. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
4. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
5. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
6. What does the performer do after leaving the stage in "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage"?
7. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
8. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
9. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
10. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)