|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Raised Violence," the author is glad when who calls?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His wife.
2. Who is the author of "My Valhalla"?
(a) Robert Phillips.
(b) Mary Ann Wehler.
(c) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(d) Nuala Archer.
3. Where does the narrator of "That Kind of Marriage" sleep?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the dog house.
(c) In the garage.
4. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
5. What is stolen from the author in "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) A gun.
(b) A wallet.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Each Night," images in dreams flash and fade in these darkened walls, and the author wants to climb into what?
2. Who is the author of "Secret of Life"?
3. Who is the author of "Regrets on the Way to an Airport"?
4. Who is the author of "Each Night"?
5. In "Regrets on the Way to an Airport," the author writes that he has never filled his suitcase with remnants of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
2. Why had the author paid close attention to the heard in "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
3. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
4. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
5. What ghosts does the author see in "The House at 5 Allende Street"? What metaphors are used?
6. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
7. What natural events are described in "Lament"?
8. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
9. What does the author consider about his ancestor in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
10. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)