|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Waking Up in the Morning"?
(a) Zymunt Frankel.
(b) Ali Abunimah.
(c) Leroy V. Quintana.
(d) David B. Prather.
2. "Autumn Quince" was written by whom?
(a) Catherine Bowman.
(b) Jane Hirshfield.
(c) Morton Marcus.
(d) Nicanor Parra.
3. In "Truth," the author's world has always been what?
4. "Journey" is written by whom?
(a) Kasey Jueds.
(b) Jeffrey Shotts.
(c) Cathy Song.
(d) Joy Harjo.
5. Who wrote "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
(a) Nuala Archer.
(b) Mary Ann Wehler.
(c) Kasey Jueds.
(d) Catherine Bowman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do people curse in the poem "Avalanche"?
2. How is Tutu's hair described in "Tutu on the Curb"?
3. What poem by Tony Hoagland is included in the collection?
4. Who is the author of "my lost father"?
5. Who is the author of "Food. Music. Memory."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
2. What natural events are described in "Lament"?
3. Why had the author paid close attention to the heard in "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
4. How are the trees in "Plum Trees" personified? What metaphors are used?
5. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
6. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
7. How does the author describe his feelings about the memorial in "Unveiling the Vietnam Memorial"?
8. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
9. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
10. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)