|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Each Night," images in dreams flash and fade in these darkened walls, and the author wants to climb into what?
(a) A spaceship.
(b) A car.
(d) The story.
2. In "The Colors of Another Home," the author's soul whispers that he is what?
3. What poem by Tony Hoagland is included in the collection?
(a) "The Changeling."
(c) "The Question."
(d) "It Was Here."
4. In "Lament," the author asks someone to do what for her through the darkened sky?
5. Who wrote "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
(a) Susan V. Meyers.
(b) Tina Letcher.
(c) Kasey Jueds.
(d) Joy Harjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Memory Prayer"?
2. Who is the author going to visit in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
3. Who is the author of "The Colors of Another Home"?
4. The author of "Father, Herald Me Home" asks her father to "reach across and pull me over the" what?
5. Where did the narrator find his ancestor's name in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author consider about his ancestor in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
2. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
3. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
4. What does the author give back in "I Give You Back"? What is personified?
5. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
6. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
7. "She had thought" describes what thoughts of the author's?
8. Who is remembered in the poem "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
9. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
10. Who is described in the airport in "Going Home"?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)