|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Each Night," images in dreams flash and fade in these darkened walls, and the author wants to climb into what?
(b) A car.
(c) A spaceship.
(d) The story.
2. Who is the author of the poem "Insurance"?
(a) Dwight Fullingim.
(b) John Sangster.
(c) Vickie Karp.
(d) Kimberly J. Brown.
3. What is punctuation in the air in the poem "Insurance"?
(a) The clouds.
(c) Each bird.
4. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Miss Betty.
(b) Miss Becky.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Patty.
5. Who wrote the poem "Mindleaving"?
(a) Andy Young.
(b) Nuala Archer.
(c) Lucille Clifton.
(d) Hayan Charara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Tough Ride"?
2. What poem of Rolf Jacobsen's is included in the collection?
3. Who is the author of "Going Home"?
4. How is Tutu's hair described in "Tutu on the Curb"?
5. Who is the author of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author give back in "I Give You Back"? What is personified?
2. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
3. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
4. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
5. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
6. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
7. What would be easier to understand in "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating" according to the author?
8. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
9. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
10. What does the performer do after leaving the stage in "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage"?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)