|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Serenade" is written by whom?
(a) Susan Marie Scavo.
(b) Leroy V. Quintana.
(c) Sekine Hiroshi.
(d) Yamanoguchi Baku.
2. Who wrote "I Give You Back"?
(a) Nicanor Parra.
(b) Tina Letcher.
(c) Jane Hirshfield.
(d) Joy Harjo.
3. In Rosellen Brown's untitled poem, who asks what friends are for?
4. What poem of Rolf Jacobsen's is included in the collection?
(b) "It Was Here."
(c) "The Question."
5. Who is the author of "Each Night"?
(a) Jay Bremyer.
(b) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
(c) Catherine Bowman.
(d) Morton Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author loses her glove made where?
2. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
3. Who is the author of "The Colors of Another Home"?
4. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
5. What poem by Tony Hoagland is included in the collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
2. What things does the author describe seeing in "My Valhalla"?
3. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
4. Who is described in the airport in "Going Home"?
5. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
6. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
7. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
8. What ghosts does the author see in "The House at 5 Allende Street"? What metaphors are used?
9. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
10. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)