|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Year's End," the author writes, "Otherwise, not much has happened; we fell in love again, finding that one red feather on" what?
(a) The chicken.
(b) The river.
(c) The wind.
(d) The hawk.
2. Who is the author of "Lament"?
(a) Ali Abunimah.
(b) Nicanor Parra.
(c) David Keefe.
(d) Catherine Bowman.
3. Who do people curse in the poem "Avalanche"?
(a) The town drunk.
(b) The weatherman.
(c) The government.
(d) The road crew.
4. Who wrote the poem "Sister"?
(a) Sekine Hiroshi.
(b) Andy Young.
(c) Catherine Bowman.
(d) Ali Abunimah.
5. Who wrote "My Grandmother Told Us Jokes"?
(a) Jeffrey Shotts.
(b) Richard Beban.
(c) Nicanor Parra.
(d) David Keefe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
2. Who wrote "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
3. In the poem "Work," what is the cashier's name?
4. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
5. How is Tutu's hair described in "Tutu on the Curb"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)