|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author loses her glove made where?
2. Who wrote "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
(a) Kasey Jueds.
(b) Nuala Archer.
(c) Mary Ann Wehler.
(d) Catherine Bowman.
3. In the poem "Work," what is the cashier's name?
4. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author is going where?
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(b) Lubbock, Texas.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
5. In "Each Night," images in dreams flash and fade in these darkened walls, and the author wants to climb into what?
(a) The story.
(b) A spaceship.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Food. Music. Memory."?
2. In "Avalanche," the snow creates the belief that everything has a what?
3. Who wrote "Year's End"?
4. Who is the only person who lives in the town of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
5. Where does the narrator of "That Kind of Marriage" sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
2. What does the author consider about his ancestor in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
3. What ghosts does the author see in "The House at 5 Allende Street"? What metaphors are used?
4. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
5. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
6. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
7. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
8. How are the trees in "Plum Trees" personified? What metaphors are used?
9. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
10. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)