|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lament," the author asks someone to do what for her through the darkened sky?
2. The poem "Christmas" is written by whom?
(a) Jane Hirshfield.
(b) Lan Se.
(c) San Le.
(d) Susan V. Meyers.
3. Who is the author of "my lost father"?
(a) Robert Phillips.
(b) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
(c) Lucille Clifton.
(d) Geoff Ripps.
4. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
(a) Jeffrey Shotts.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Sekine Hiroshi.
(d) Nicanor Parra.
5. Who is the author of "Food. Music. Memory."?
(a) Ali Abunimah.
(b) Cyrus Cassells.
(c) Susan Marie Scavo.
(d) Jay Bremyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Lament"?
2. The author sees the ghosts of whom in "The House at 5 Allende Street"?
3. Who wrote "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
4. What kind of store does the cashier work at in "Work"?
5. In "Food. Music. Memory." the author recalls shouting Scotch and what as the negative things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ghosts does the author see in "The House at 5 Allende Street"? What metaphors are used?
2. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
3. How is snow personified in "Avalanche"?
4. What does the author give back in "I Give You Back"? What is personified?
5. How are the trees in "Plum Trees" personified? What metaphors are used?
6. Why had the author paid close attention to the heard in "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
7. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
8. How does the author describe his feelings about the memorial in "Unveiling the Vietnam Memorial"?
9. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
10. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)