|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "I Give You Back"?
(a) Nicanor Parra.
(b) Tina Letcher.
(c) Joy Harjo.
(d) Jane Hirshfield.
2. Who wrote the poem "Sister"?
(a) Catherine Bowman.
(b) Sekine Hiroshi.
(c) Andy Young.
(d) Ali Abunimah.
3. In "How Forgetting Works in Late Winter," mounds of snow exhale under the what?
(c) Blue sky.
4. Who wrote "Father, Herald Me Home"?
(a) Mick Hatten.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Andy Young.
(d) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
5. Who do people curse in the poem "Avalanche"?
(a) The government.
(b) The town drunk.
(c) The weatherman.
(d) The road crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "That Kind of Marriage"?
2. Who is the author of "Going Home"?
3. In "Food. Music. Memory." the author recalls shouting Scotch and what as the negative things?
4. Who wrote "What Came to Me"?
5. In "Autumn Quince," the promises that are never returned to are what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be easier to understand in "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating" according to the author?
2. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
3. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
4. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
5. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
6. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
7. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
8. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
9. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
10. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)