|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "My Valhalla"?
(a) Mary Ann Wehler.
(b) Nuala Archer.
(c) Robert Phillips.
(d) Yamanoguchi Baku.
2. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author is going where?
(a) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Lubbock, Texas.
3. In "Avalanche," the snow creates the belief that everything has a what?
(a) Dark side.
(c) Good side.
4. Who is the only person who lives in the town of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A grocer.
(c) A rancher.
(d) A farmer.
5. In "Lament," the author asks someone to do what for her through the darkened sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Year's End"?
2. Who is the author of "The Colors of Another Home"?
3. Where does the narrator of "That Kind of Marriage" sleep?
4. The poem "Christmas" is written by whom?
5. In "How Forgetting Works in Late Winter," mounds of snow exhale under the what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
2. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
3. How are the trees in "Plum Trees" personified? What metaphors are used?
4. "She had thought" describes what thoughts of the author's?
5. Who is remembered in the poem "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
6. What does the author consider about his ancestor in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
7. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
8. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
9. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
10. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)