|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Tough Ride"?
(a) Susan Marie Scavo.
(b) Mary Ann Wehler.
(c) Sekine Hiroshi.
(d) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
2. Who is the author of "Unveiling the Vietnam Memorial"?
(a) Fran Castan.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Susan V. Meyers.
(d) Robert Phillips.
3. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
(a) The faces of those he killed.
(c) A calendar marking his execution.
(d) Writings of death.
4. Who wrote "The Memory Prayer"?
(a) Frances Richard.
(b) John Phillip Santos.
(c) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
(d) Fran Castan.
5. In the poem "Fame," fame does not care what?
(a) Who it destroys.
(b) Who can't handle it.
(c) Who wants it.
(d) Who gets in its way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tutu's hair described in "Tutu on the Curb"?
2. "Journey" is written by whom?
3. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
4. In the poem "Work," what is the cashier's name?
5. Who wrote "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
2. What would be easier to understand in "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating" according to the author?
3. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
4. What does the author consider about his ancestor in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
5. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
6. Who is remembered in the poem "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
7. Where does the author see himself in "The Colors of Another Home"? What similes does he use in his description?
8. What does the author give back in "I Give You Back"? What is personified?
9. What things does the author describe seeing in "My Valhalla"?
10. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)