Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Fame," fame does not care what?
(a) Who gets in its way.
(b) Who wants it.
(c) Who it destroys.
(d) Who can't handle it.
2. Who wrote "I Give You Back"?
(a) Tina Letcher.
(b) Nicanor Parra.
(c) Jane Hirshfield.
(d) Joy Harjo.
3. "Journey" is written by whom?
(a) Jeffrey Shotts.
(b) Joy Harjo.
(c) Cathy Song.
(d) Kasey Jueds.
4. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Dwight Fullingim.
(b) Cyrus Cassells.
(c) Quintin Prout.
(d) Jack Brannon.
5. Where did the narrator find his ancestor's name in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
(a) A census book.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A personal letter.
(d) A painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who lives in the town of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
2. What is stolen from the author in "A Game Nobody Won"?
3. What is punctuation in the air in the poem "Insurance"?
4. What poem by Tony Hoagland is included in the collection?
5. In "Year's End," the author writes, "Otherwise, not much has happened; we fell in love again, finding that one red feather on" what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)