|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Year's End," the author writes, "Otherwise, not much has happened; we fell in love again, finding that one red feather on" what?
(a) The chicken.
(b) The wind.
(c) The hawk.
(d) The river.
2. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Patty.
(c) Miss Betty.
(d) Miss Becky.
3. Who is the author of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
(a) Richard Beban.
(b) Quintin Prout.
(c) Robert Phillips.
(d) Marissa C. Martinez.
4. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
(a) Nicanor Parra.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Jeffrey Shotts.
(d) Sekine Hiroshi.
5. Who wrote "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) Susan Marie Scavo.
(b) Sekine Hiroshi.
(c) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(d) Leroy V. Quintana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Raised Violence"?
2. What poem of Memye Curtis Tucker's is included in the collection?
3. "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating" was written by whom?
4. Who is the author of the poem "Insurance"?
5. In "Lament," the author asks someone to do what for her through the darkened sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe his feelings about the memorial in "Unveiling the Vietnam Memorial"?
2. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
3. How are the trees in "Plum Trees" personified? What metaphors are used?
4. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
5. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
6. What ghosts does the author see in "The House at 5 Allende Street"? What metaphors are used?
7. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
8. "She had thought" describes what thoughts of the author's?
9. Who is remembered in the poem "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
10. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)