|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author going to visit in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. Who wrote "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(b) Sekine Hiroshi.
(c) Susan Marie Scavo.
(d) Leroy V. Quintana.
3. What is the name of the narrator's son in "Tough Ride"?
4. In "Benavides, Texas, 1906," a two-month-old newspaper warns ranchers to expect relatives due to what?
(a) A flood.
(b) A drought.
(c) The war in Mexico.
(d) An upcoming holiday.
5. Who is the author of "Letter to an Ancestor"?
(a) Naomi Shihab Nye.
(b) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
(c) Joy Harjo.
(d) Dwight Fullingim.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Serenade" is written by whom?
2. In "The Colors of Another Home," the author's soul whispers that he is what?
3. Who wrote "Year's End"?
4. Who is the author of "Food. Music. Memory."?
5. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author loses her glove made where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the performer do after leaving the stage in "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage"?
2. Why had the author paid close attention to the heard in "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
3. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
4. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
5. Who is described in the airport in "Going Home"?
6. "She had thought" describes what thoughts of the author's?
7. How are the trees in "Plum Trees" personified? What metaphors are used?
8. What things does the author describe seeing in "My Valhalla"?
9. What natural events are described in "Lament"?
10. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)