|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's son in "Tough Ride"?
2. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author is going where?
(a) Lubbock, Texas.
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
3. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
(a) Nicanor Parra.
(b) Sekine Hiroshi.
(c) Jeffrey Shotts.
(d) David Keefe.
4. In "Autumn Quince," the promises that are never returned to are what?
5. What poem of Rolf Jacobsen's is included in the collection?
(a) "The Question."
(d) "It Was Here."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Food. Music. Memory." the author recalls shouting Scotch and what as the negative things?
2. Who is the author of "Going Home"?
3. What kind of store does the cashier work at in "Work"?
4. Who is the author of the poem "Garage Sale"?
5. In the poem "Work," what is the cashier's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does the author describe seeing in "My Valhalla"?
2. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
3. How is snow personified in "Avalanche"?
4. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
5. What simile is used to describe the father's hand in "The Memory Prayer"? What does the lightning do?
6. What simile describes the umbrella in "What Was Once Reached For"? What is the setting of the poem?
7. What ghosts does the author see in "The House at 5 Allende Street"? What metaphors are used?
8. Who is described in the airport in "Going Home"?
9. What does the author consider about his ancestor in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
10. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)