|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Autumn Quince," the promises that are never returned to are what?
2. Who wrote "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) Sekine Hiroshi.
(b) Susan Marie Scavo.
(c) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(d) Leroy V. Quintana.
3. Who wrote "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
(a) Catherine Bowman.
(b) Nuala Archer.
(c) Mary Ann Wehler.
(d) Kasey Jueds.
4. Who is the author of "Each Night"?
(a) Jay Bremyer.
(b) Catherine Bowman.
(c) Morton Marcus.
(d) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
5. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Miss Becky.
(b) Miss Patty.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Betty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
2. What poem of Memye Curtis Tucker's is included in the collection?
3. What is punctuation in the air in the poem "Insurance"?
4. Who is the author of the poem "Garage Sale"?
5. Who wrote "My Grandmother Told Us Jokes"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
2. What natural events are described in "Lament"?
3. What simile describes the umbrella in "What Was Once Reached For"? What is the setting of the poem?
4. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
5. What things does the author describe seeing in "My Valhalla"?
6. What does the author give back in "I Give You Back"? What is personified?
7. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
8. How is the father described in the poem "Mindleaving"?
9. How does the author describe his feelings about the memorial in "Unveiling the Vietnam Memorial"?
10. What leads up to the house in "Dream House"? What does the author wonder?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)