|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father serve in "Battleground State Park"?
(a) Fish sticks.
(b) Potato salad.
(d) Lobster tails.
2. In "Almost Evenly Divided," the author's life is nearly evenly divided between being Puerto-Rican and a what?
(b) San Franciscan.
(d) New Yorker.
3. What poem did Siv Cedering contribute to the collection?
(a) "The Changeling."
(c) "The Question."
4. Who is the author of "Lens"?
(a) Tom Absher.
(b) Ken Fontenot.
(c) Kimberly J. Brown.
(d) Hayan Charara.
5. In "Child Proof," the author writes, "Child is proof We come from somewhere else Where everyone" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author meet at a crossroads in "I Myself"?
2. In "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule," the author writes, "we also had the righteous ones who worshiped the True Faith, and" what?
3. What poem by Haas H. Mroue is included in the collection?
4. In "Hitchhiker," the author sees a hitchhiker on the edge of town that is a pupil who stayed late after school to write loneliness and love where?
5. What is the coat lined with in "My Father's Coat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Almost Evenly Divided" in the poem by this name?
2. What similes are used to describe water in "Aqueducts"?
3. How does the author describe his parents in "Leaving the Lights On"?
4. How does the author describe death in "The Father, Who Could Not Swim"?
5. What was the world once filled with in "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule"?
6. What is described in "Dedication"? What simile is used to describe old papers?
7. How is the "beloved" described in the poem "This Isn't Fair"?
8. How is the coat described in "My Father's Coat"?
9. What did the author's mother give her in "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
10. What similes are described in "Other Lives"?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)