|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
(a) Lisa Brandenburg.
(b) Daisy Zamora.
(c) Martha Christina.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
2. Who wrote the poem "Orange Juice"?
(a) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(b) Amy Adams.
(c) Herberto Padilla.
(d) Robert Dana.
3. Who is the author of "Organdy Curtains, Window, South Bank of the Ohio"?
(a) Lavonne J. Adams.
(b) Craig Czury.
(c) James Baker Hall.
(d) Ben Judson.
4. Who is the author of "The Wren"?
(a) Barbara McCauley.
(b) Emma Mellon.
(c) Linda Gregg.
(d) Dionisio D. Martinez.
5. In "Hitchhiker," the author sees a hitchhiker on the edge of town that is a pupil who stayed late after school to write loneliness and love where?
(a) On the chalkboard.
(b) In the sand.
(c) In the dirt.
(d) On a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Child Proof" is by what author?
2. What poem did Leonard Nathan write in the collection?
3. Who wrote "My Father in the Stacks"?
4. In "Child Proof," the author writes, "Child is proof We come from somewhere else Where everyone" what?
5. "Mother's Day" was written by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Almost Evenly Divided" in the poem by this name?
2. What personification and metaphor is used in the poem "Stranded"?
3. What structural choices did the author make in "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute"? Why?
4. Why did the author's mother throw out his underwear in "Emergency Situation"?
5. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
6. What does the author miss in "Song of the Prodigal Son"?
7. What similes are used to describe water in "Aqueducts"?
8. What happens in the poem "David"? What images are described?
9. What similes are described in "Other Lives"?
10. How are the people described in the poem "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)