|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Lens"?
(a) Hayan Charara.
(b) Ken Fontenot.
(c) Kimberly J. Brown.
(d) Tom Absher.
2. What is the coat lined with in "My Father's Coat"?
(b) Dog hair.
(d) Fish scales.
3. "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule" is written by whom?
(a) Kimberly J. Brown.
(b) Philip Appleman.
(c) Angel Gonzales.
(d) Herberto Padilla.
4. Who is the author of the poem "I Myself"?
(a) Anzar Hitoshi.
(b) Angel Gonzales.
(c) Robert Dana.
(d) Hal Sirowitz.
5. Who is the author of "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
(a) Daisy Zamora.
(b) Martha Christina.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Lisa Brandenburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem did Leonard Nathan write in the collection?
2. Who is the author of "Bittersweet"?
3. "What Gets Lost/Lo Que Se Pierde" is written by whom?
4. What does the father serve in "Battleground State Park"?
5. Who is the author of "Years of Solitude"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similes are described in "Other Lives"?
2. What does the author miss in "Song of the Prodigal Son"?
3. What does the author write about her choice to collect these poems in the Introduction?
4. What does the author discover in the sculptures in "The New World"?
5. What question is the author asked in "First Grade"? What is the meaning?
6. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
7. How is the "beloved" described in the poem "This Isn't Fair"?
8. What happens in the poem "David"? What images are described?
9. What personification and metaphor is used in the poem "Stranded"?
10. How are the people described in the poem "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)