|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Mother's Day" was written by whom?
(a) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(b) Roger Jones.
(c) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(d) Daisy Zamora.
2. Who wrote "What We Want"?
(a) Lucille Clifton.
(b) Vern Rutsala.
(c) Vickie Karp.
(d) Maggie Anderson.
3. In "Hitchhiker," the author sees a hitchhiker on the edge of town that is a pupil who stayed late after school to write loneliness and love where?
(a) In the dirt.
(b) On the chalkboard.
(c) On a tree.
(d) In the sand.
4. In "Child Proof," the author writes, "Child is proof We come from somewhere else Where everyone" what?
5. Who wrote "My Father in the Stacks"?
(a) Hal Sirowitz.
(b) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(c) David Hassler.
(d) Jim Natal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem, "So Far"?
2. "Battleground State Park" is written by whom?
3. Who wrote "Shedding Skin"?
4. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
5. Who is the author of "Years of Solitude"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author's mother give her in "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
2. What similes are described in "Other Lives"?
3. What does the author write about her choice to collect these poems in the Introduction?
4. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
5. How did the author lose words in "Naming"? What does she recall?
6. What does the author miss in "Song of the Prodigal Son"?
7. How does the author use metaphor to describe the hitchhiker in "The Hitchhiker"?
8. How is the author's encounter described in "I, Myself"?
9. What was the world once filled with in "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule"?
10. What structural choices did the author make in "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute"? Why?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)