|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
(a) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(b) Emma Suarez-Baez.
(c) Ken Fontenot.
(d) Martha Christina.
2. In "Child Proof," the author writes, "Child is proof We come from somewhere else Where everyone" what?
3. Who is the author of "The Family Car"?
(a) Jenny Browne.
(b) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
(c) Kimberly J. Brown.
(d) Tom Absher.
4. In "This Isn't Fair," the author's beloved leaves the room when he asks if she loves him, but he calls her back frantically to give her what?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) A ring.
(d) An explanation.
5. Who is the author of "Years of Solitude"?
(a) Jim Natal.
(b) Dionisio D. Martinez.
(c) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(d) David Hassler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Simple Song of Being Oneself"?
2. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
3. In "Stranded," the beloved's name drips from the author's what?
4. Who does the author meet at a crossroads in "I Myself"?
5. What does the father serve in "Battleground State Park"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is being searched for in "What We Want"? How are the people described?
2. What does the author miss in "Song of the Prodigal Son"?
3. Why did the author's mother throw out his underwear in "Emergency Situation"?
4. How is the coat described in "My Father's Coat"?
5. What similes are used to describe water in "Aqueducts"?
6. How did the author lose words in "Naming"? What does she recall?
7. What did the author's mother give her in "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
8. What similes and metaphors are prevalent in "Custody"?
9. What does the author consider about her grief in "On the Suicide of a Young Boy I Did Not Know"?
10. How does the author use metaphor to describe the hitchhiker in "The Hitchhiker"?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)