|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Shedding Skin"?
(a) Nancy Mairs.
(b) Harryette Mullen.
(c) Maggie Anderson.
(d) Linda Gregg.
2. Who wrote "What We Want"?
(a) Maggie Anderson.
(b) Vickie Karp.
(c) Vern Rutsala.
(d) Lucille Clifton.
3. Who is the author of the poem "I Myself"?
(a) Hal Sirowitz.
(b) Anzar Hitoshi.
(c) Robert Dana.
(d) Angel Gonzales.
4. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
(a) A rock outcropping.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) The owl's talon's.
(d) The owl's beak.
5. Who sits in the top bunk late at night in "Nine"?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Battleground State Park" is written by whom?
2. "Mother's Day" was written by whom?
3. In "Travelling Light," the author wants "nothing more anymore only wind stroking waves onto" what?
4. Who is the author of "Bittersweet"?
5. Who is the author of "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What journey is described in "Ghazal (For William Stafford)"?
2. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
3. What is the setting of "Something I Remember"? How is it described?
4. How is the "beloved" described in the poem "This Isn't Fair"?
5. What is "Almost Evenly Divided" in the poem by this name?
6. How does the author use metaphor to describe the hitchhiker in "The Hitchhiker"?
7. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
8. How does the author describe his parents in "Leaving the Lights On"?
9. How did the author lose words in "Naming"? What does she recall?
10. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)