|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "Dedication"?
(a) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(b) Jim Natal.
(c) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(d) Martha Christina.
2. In what poem by David Williams were his ancestors were thrown away as if they were nothing?
3. In "The New World," the author stared at the sculpture on the front lawn of what museum?
(a) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(b) The Guggenheim Museum.
(c) The Montclair Art Museum.
(d) The Museum of Scince and Indusrtry.
4. Who wrote "Emergency Situation"?
(a) Robert Dana.
(b) Herberto Padilla.
(c) Hal Sirowitz.
(d) Barbara McCauley.
5. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
(a) Harryette Mullen.
(b) Anzar Hitoshi.
(c) Ken Fontenot.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Shedding Skin"?
2. Who wrote the poem "Orange Juice"?
3. When did the author lay out school supplies in "Bittersweet"?
4. Who wrote "At Home"?
5. Who wrote "Leaving the Light On"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is being searched for in "What We Want"? How are the people described?
2. What personification and metaphor is used in the poem "Stranded"?
3. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
4. How is the "beloved" described in the poem "This Isn't Fair"?
5. What structural choices did the author make in "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute"? Why?
6. How are the people described in the poem "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
7. How did the author lose words in "Naming"? What does she recall?
8. Why did the author's mother throw out his underwear in "Emergency Situation"?
9. How does the author describe death in "The Father, Who Could Not Swim"?
10. What does the author discover in the sculptures in "The New World"?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)