|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
(a) Anzar Hitoshi.
(b) Harryette Mullen.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Ken Fontenot.
2. Who is the author of the poem "I Myself"?
(a) Angel Gonzales.
(b) Hal Sirowitz.
(c) Robert Dana.
(d) Anzar Hitoshi.
3. In "Shedding Skin," what does the author rub against?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tree.
(c) A rock.
(d) A glacier.
4. Where does Naomi Shihab Nye live?
(a) San Antonio, Texas.
(b) Pueblo, Colorado.
(c) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(d) Flagstaff, Arizona.
5. In "Lens," the author wonders about the shouting in the house and why who must be watched?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author lay out school supplies in "Bittersweet"?
2. Donna Leed's untitled poem talks of how she never saw the road between her house and her grandmother's house why?
3. Who does the author meet at a crossroads in "I Myself"?
4. Who wrote "My Father in the Stacks"?
5. Who wrote "Taking My Son to His First Day of Kindergarten"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similes are used to describe water in "Aqueducts"?
2. How is the author's encounter described in "I, Myself"?
3. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
4. What is "Almost Evenly Divided" in the poem by this name?
5. What does the author discover in the sculptures in "The New World"?
6. How does the author describe his parents in "Leaving the Lights On"?
7. What did the author's mother give her in "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
8. How is the "beloved" described in the poem "This Isn't Fair"?
9. Why did the author's mother throw out his underwear in "Emergency Situation"?
10. What happens in the poem "David"? What images are described?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)