|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
(a) Ken Fontenot.
(b) Harriet Jacobs.
(c) Harryette Mullen.
(d) Anzar Hitoshi.
2. Who wrote the poem, "So Far"?
(a) Maggie Anderson.
(b) Kimberly J. Brown.
(c) Naomi Shihab Nye.
(d) Lucille Clifton.
3. When did the author lay out school supplies in "Bittersweet"?
(a) Just before Christmas.
(b) New Years Day.
(c) Every two weeks.
(d) Each August.
4. Who wrote "My Father in the Stacks"?
(a) David Hassler.
(b) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(c) Hal Sirowitz.
(d) Jim Natal.
5. Who is the author of "Years of Solitude"?
(a) Jim Natal.
(b) David Hassler.
(c) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(d) Dionisio D. Martinez.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute" dedicated?
2. In "This Isn't Fair," the author's beloved leaves the room when he asks if she loves him, but he calls her back frantically to give her what?
3. Who is the author of "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
4. Whose dad tipped the boat in "The Father, Who Could Not Swim"?
5. In the Introduction by Naomi Shihab Nye, the author leaves what behind on an airplane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Almost Evenly Divided" in the poem by this name?
2. How does the author recall his parents and sister in "Raised Violence"?
3. How does the author describe his parents in "Leaving the Lights On"?
4. What is the glove compared to in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
5. Who is remembered in the poem "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
6. What is the setting of "Something I Remember"? How is it described?
7. What did the author's mother give her in "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
8. What personification and metaphor is used in the poem "Stranded"?
9. What similes and metaphors are prevalent in "Custody"?
10. How does the father feel in "Taking My Son to His First Day of Kindergarten"? What irony is described?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)