|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Battleground State Park" is written by whom?
(a) Dionisio D. Martinez.
(b) Philip Appleman.
(c) Vittorio Bodini.
(d) Martha Christina.
2. In "Shedding Skin," what does the author rub against?
(a) A glacier.
(b) A rock.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bear.
3. What kind of tree does the author climb in "Leaving the Light On"?
(a) Pine tree.
(b) Apple tree.
(c) Cherry tree.
(d) Redwood tree.
4. Who is the author of "Bittersweet"?
(a) Nancy Mairs.
(b) Emma Mellon.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Lavonne J. Adams.
5. In "The New World," the author stared at the sculpture on the front lawn of what museum?
(a) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(b) The Museum of Scince and Indusrtry.
(c) The Montclair Art Museum.
(d) The Guggenheim Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author lay out school supplies in "Bittersweet"?
2. Who wrote "What the Stones Knew"?
3. In "Aqueducts," the author imagines the aqueducts where?
4. In what poem by David Williams were his ancestors were thrown away as if they were nothing?
5. Who wrote "Hitchhiker"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author's encounter described in "I, Myself"?
2. What question is the author asked in "First Grade"? What is the meaning?
3. How are the people described in the poem "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
4. What structural choices did the author make in "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute"? Why?
5. What is "Almost Evenly Divided" in the poem by this name?
6. How did the author lose words in "Naming"? What does she recall?
7. What does the author consider about her grief in "On the Suicide of a Young Boy I Did Not Know"?
8. How does the author use metaphor to describe the hitchhiker in "The Hitchhiker"?
9. What personification and metaphor is used in the poem "Stranded"?
10. What was the world once filled with in "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule"?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)