Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author lay out school supplies in "Bittersweet"?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) New Years Day.
(c) Each August.
(d) Just before Christmas.
2. Who is the author of "That Was the Summer We Had Animals"?
(a) Jack Ridl.
(b) John Sangster.
(c) Jimmy Santiago Baca.
(d) Bill Meissner.
3. Who wrote the poem "Nine"?
(a) Amy Adams.
(b) Dionisio D. Martinez.
(c) Harryette Mullen.
(d) Lavonne J. Adams.
4. Who sits in the top bunk late at night in "Nine"?
5. Whose dad tipped the boat in "The Father, Who Could Not Swim"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
2. Who wrote "Shedding Skin"?
3. In the Introduction by Naomi Shihab Nye, the author leaves what behind on an airplane?
4. "Child Proof" is by what author?
5. In "Stranded," the beloved's name drips from the author's what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "beloved" described in the poem "This Isn't Fair"?
2. What does the performer do after leaving the stage in "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage"?
3. What is personified in "Processes"? How?
4. Who is the subject of "Work"? What does he think of?
5. Where is the setting of "Valencia Street"? Who is the poem's subject?
6. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
7. What simile describes the umbrella in "What Was Once Reached For"? What is the setting of the poem?
8. What does the person conclude the secret of life is in "Secret of Life"?
9. How is the author's encounter described in "I, Myself"?
10. What structural choices did the author make in "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute"? Why?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)