|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author tell to write his name on everything that belongs to him in "What the Stones Knew"?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daugter.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
2. Who is the author of "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
(a) Daisy Zamora.
(b) Lisa Brandenburg.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Martha Christina.
3. In the Introduction by Naomi Shihab Nye, the author leaves what behind on an airplane?
(a) Her neck pillow.
(b) Her watch.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her jacket.
4. Who sits in the top bunk late at night in "Nine"?
5. Who is the author of "The Family Car"?
(a) Kimberly J. Brown.
(b) Jenny Browne.
(c) Tom Absher.
(d) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "This Isn't Fair," the author's beloved leaves the room when he asks if she loves him, but he calls her back frantically to give her what?
2. Who wrote "The Higher Reaches"?
3. What can the author remember clearly of the children of his first grade class in "First Grade"?
4. "What Gets Lost/Lo Que Se Pierde" is written by whom?
5. Who wrote "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the coat described in "My Father's Coat"?
2. How is the author's encounter described in "I, Myself"?
3. How does the father feel in "Taking My Son to His First Day of Kindergarten"? What irony is described?
4. How does the author describe his parents in "Leaving the Lights On"?
5. What did the author's mother give her in "The Ants Are Using Sticks For Walls"?
6. What does the author miss in "Song of the Prodigal Son"?
7. What personification and metaphor is used in the poem "Stranded"?
8. How does the author use metaphor to describe the hitchhiker in "The Hitchhiker"?
9. What similes are described in "Other Lives"?
10. What does the author discover in the sculptures in "The New World"?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)