|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "My Father in the Stacks"?
(a) David Hassler.
(b) Hal Sirowitz.
(c) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(d) Jim Natal.
2. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
(a) Ken Fontenot.
(b) Anzar Hitoshi.
(c) Harryette Mullen.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
3. What kind of tree does the author climb in "Leaving the Light On"?
(a) Redwood tree.
(b) Cherry tree.
(c) Apple tree.
(d) Pine tree.
4. Who does the author meet at a crossroads in "I Myself"?
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His grandmother.
5. Mom threw out the author's what in "Emergency Situation"?
(a) Baseball cards.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Fishing lures
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Waking Instructions"?
2. In "Hitchhiker," the author sees a hitchhiker on the edge of town that is a pupil who stayed late after school to write loneliness and love where?
3. In "Aqueducts," the author imagines the aqueducts where?
4. Who is the author of "Bittersweet"?
5. "Other Lives" is by what author?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane Hirshfield personify in her poem of the collection?
2. How does the author describe his feelings about the memorial in "Unveiling the Vietnam Memorial"?
3. What is the household like in the poem "That Kind of Marriage"?
4. How is the body personified in "The Question"? Why?
5. What similes and metaphors are prevalent in "Custody"?
6. What similes are used to describe water in "Aqueducts"?
7. How are the people described in the poem "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
8. Who is remembered in the poem "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
9. What does the author miss in "Song of the Prodigal Son"?
10. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)