|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "What the Stones Knew"?
(a) Harryette Mullen.
(b) Robert Dana.
(c) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(d) Anzar Hitoshi.
2. Who wrote the poem "Orange Juice"?
(a) Amy Adams.
(b) Robert Dana.
(c) Herberto Padilla.
(d) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
3. Who is the author of "The New Blade"?
(a) Barbara McCauley.
(b) Anzar Hitoshi.
(c) Jim Natal.
(d) Hal Sirowitz.
4. Who is the author of the poem "I Myself"?
(a) Angel Gonzales.
(b) Hal Sirowitz.
(c) Anzar Hitoshi.
(d) Robert Dana.
5. In "Sudden," the newspaper might have used the word "massive" if it had been a heart attack, but it used what instead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "What We Want"?
2. In "Lens," the author wonders about the shouting in the house and why who must be watched?
3. In "Naming," the author has lost the meaning of words, but she still knows the meaning of sugar and what?
4. What kind of tree does the author climb in "Leaving the Light On"?
5. Who wrote "Simple Song of Being Oneself"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is the author asked in "First Grade"? What is the meaning?
2. What happens in the poem "David"? What images are described?
3. What is described in "Dedication"? What simile is used to describe old papers?
4. What word did the newspaper use in "Sudden"? Why?
5. Why did the author's mother throw out his underwear in "Emergency Situation"?
6. What does the author consider about her grief in "On the Suicide of a Young Boy I Did Not Know"?
7. What was the world once filled with in "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule"?
8. How is the coat described in "My Father's Coat"?
9. What structural choices did the author make in "What Great Grief Has Made the Empress Mute"? Why?
10. How are the mother's suicide attempts described in "Lens"?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)