|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "Regrets on the Way to an Airport"?
(a) Joy Harjo.
(b) Abbot Cutler.
(c) Frances Richard.
(d) Ali Abunimah.
2. Who is the author going to visit in "The Lost Glove Is Happy"?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. Where does the narrator of "That Kind of Marriage" sleep?
(b) In the dog house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the garage.
4. Who wrote "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) Sekine Hiroshi.
(b) Leroy V. Quintana.
(c) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(d) Susan Marie Scavo.
5. Who wrote "Father, Herald Me Home"?
(a) David Keefe.
(b) Andy Young.
(c) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
(d) Mick Hatten.
6. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Miss Betty.
(b) Miss Becky.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Patty.
7. In "Regrets on the Way to an Airport," the author writes that he has never filled his suitcase with remnants of what?
8. What is stolen from the author in "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) A gun.
(b) A watch.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A wallet.
9. How is Tutu's hair described in "Tutu on the Curb"?
(a) Short and cropped.
(b) In a bun.
(c) Hanging loose.
(d) Braided and long.
10. Who wrote "I Give You Back"?
(a) Tina Letcher.
(b) Joy Harjo.
(c) Jane Hirshfield.
(d) Nicanor Parra.
11. In "Avalanche," the snow creates the belief that everything has a what?
(b) Good side.
(c) Dark side.
12. In "I Give You Back," the author writes "so you can no longer keep me naked and ____ in the winter"?
13. The author sees the ghosts of whom in "The House at 5 Allende Street"?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) His sister.
14. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
(a) Writings of death.
(b) A calendar marking his execution.
(d) The faces of those he killed.
15. Who is the author of "Secret of Life"?
(a) Kimberly J. Brown.
(b) Susan V. Meyers.
(c) Emma Suarez-Baez.
(d) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Colors of Another Home," the author's soul whispers that he is what?
2. Who is the only person who lives in the town of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
3. Who wrote "What Came to Me"?
4. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
5. Who wrote "Cannon Beach"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)