|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Autumn Quince," the promises that are never returned to are what?
2. Who wrote the poem "Mindleaving"?
(a) Lucille Clifton.
(b) Nuala Archer.
(c) Andy Young.
(d) Hayan Charara.
3. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Dwight Fullingim.
(b) Cyrus Cassells.
(c) Quintin Prout.
(d) Jack Brannon.
4. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
(a) The faces of those he killed.
(b) Writings of death.
(c) A calendar marking his execution.
5. Who wrote "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
(a) Kasey Jueds.
(b) Tina Letcher.
(c) Joy Harjo.
(d) Susan V. Meyers.
6. "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating" was written by whom?
(a) Geoff Ripps.
(b) Kasey Jueds.
(c) Nuala Archer.
(d) Mick Hatten.
7. Who wrote "I Give You Back"?
(a) Tina Letcher.
(b) Nicanor Parra.
(c) Jane Hirshfield.
(d) Joy Harjo.
8. Who is the author of "Lament"?
(a) Ali Abunimah.
(b) Nicanor Parra.
(c) Catherine Bowman.
(d) David Keefe.
9. What is the name of the narrator's son in "Tough Ride"?
10. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Miss Patty.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Betty.
(d) Miss Becky.
11. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author loses her glove made where?
12. Who wrote "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) Sekine Hiroshi.
(b) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(c) Leroy V. Quintana.
(d) Susan Marie Scavo.
13. In "Year's End," the author writes, "Otherwise, not much has happened; we fell in love again, finding that one red feather on" what?
(a) The wind.
(b) The river.
(c) The hawk.
(d) The chicken.
14. Who is the author of "Secret of Life"?
(a) Susan V. Meyers.
(b) Emma Suarez-Baez.
(c) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
(d) Kimberly J. Brown.
15. Who is the author of "Letter to an Ancestor"?
(a) Naomi Shihab Nye.
(b) Joy Harjo.
(c) Dwight Fullingim.
(d) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "Fame"?
2. What poem of Rolf Jacobsen's is included in the collection?
3. What kind of store does the cashier work at in "Work"?
4. Who wrote "The Memory Prayer"?
5. The poem "Christmas" is written by whom?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)