|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Work," what is the cashier's name?
2. Who is the author of the poem titled "Divorce"?
(a) Andy Young.
(b) Brian Andreas.
(c) Quintin Prout.
(d) Jack Gilbert.
3. Who wrote "My Grandmother Told Us Jokes"?
(a) David Keefe.
(b) Richard Beban.
(c) Jeffrey Shotts.
(d) Nicanor Parra.
4. In "What Came to Me," the author takes the last piece of what from a box?
(b) A puzzle.
5. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author loses her glove made where?
6. In "Passing Necessity," the author is humbled by hearing the first few bars of what song?
(a) Beethoven's Symphony No. 5.
(b) Brahms's Hungarian Dances.
(c) Vivaldi's Mandolin Concerto.
(d) Chopin's Scherzo in B minor.
7. Who is the author of "Secret of Life"?
(a) Susan V. Meyers.
(b) Diana Der-Hovanessian.
(c) Emma Suarez-Baez.
(d) Kimberly J. Brown.
8. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Cyrus Cassells.
(b) Dwight Fullingim.
(c) Quintin Prout.
(d) Jack Brannon.
9. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
10. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
(b) The faces of those he killed.
(c) Writings of death.
(d) A calendar marking his execution.
11. What does the narrator release in "I Give You Back"?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her inhibitions.
(d) Her memories.
12. In "Benavides, Texas, 1906," a two-month-old newspaper warns ranchers to expect relatives due to what?
(a) A flood.
(b) An upcoming holiday.
(c) A drought.
(d) The war in Mexico.
13. In "Food. Music. Memory." the author recalls shouting Scotch and what as the negative things?
14. Who is the author of "My Valhalla"?
(a) Nuala Archer.
(b) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(c) Robert Phillips.
(d) Mary Ann Wehler.
15. Who is the author of "Regrets on the Way to an Airport"?
(a) Ali Abunimah.
(b) Abbot Cutler.
(c) Frances Richard.
(d) Joy Harjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of "Father, Herald Me Home" asks her father to "reach across and pull me over the" what?
2. What is the name of the narrator's son in "Tough Ride"?
3. Who do people curse in the poem "Avalanche"?
4. Who had shown the author how to play hide and seek in "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
5. Who wrote "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)