|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Fame," fame does not care what?
(a) Who it destroys.
(b) Who can't handle it.
(c) Who wants it.
(d) Who gets in its way.
2. In "Raised Violence," the author is glad when who calls?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His friend.
(d) His mother.
3. In "Lament," the author asks someone to do what for her through the darkened sky?
4. Who wrote "My Grandmother Told Us Jokes"?
(a) Nicanor Parra.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Richard Beban.
(d) Jeffrey Shotts.
5. Who wrote "Year's End"?
(a) Jack Gilbert.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Bruce Bennett.
(d) Ted Kooser.
6. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
7. Who wrote the poem "Fame"?
(a) Eric Zuckerman.
(b) Mick Hatten.
(c) Jack Brannon.
(d) Nicanor Parra.
8. What is stolen from the author in "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) A wallet.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) A gun.
(d) A watch.
9. What poem of Memye Curtis Tucker's is included in the collection?
(c) "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage."
(d) "The Changeling."
10. Who is the author of "my lost father"?
(a) Lucille Clifton.
(b) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
(c) Robert Phillips.
(d) Geoff Ripps.
11. In "Truth," the author's world has always been what?
12. Who wrote "A Game Nobody Won"?
(a) Susan Marie Scavo.
(b) Leroy V. Quintana.
(c) Yamanoguchi Baku.
(d) Sekine Hiroshi.
13. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
(a) Sekine Hiroshi.
(b) Jeffrey Shotts.
(c) Nicanor Parra.
(d) David Keefe.
14. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author loses her glove made where?
15. In "The Colors of Another Home," the author's soul whispers that he is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Truth"?
2. "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating" was written by whom?
3. Who is the author of "Secret of Life"?
4. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
5. Who is the author of "Food. Music. Memory."?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)