|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Thinking of What the Jury is Deliberating," the author wants the man to spend the rest of his life in a cell with what on the wall?
(a) The faces of those he killed.
(b) A calendar marking his execution.
(d) Writings of death.
2. Who wrote "What Was Once Reached For"?
(a) Sekine Hiroshi.
(b) David Keefe.
(c) Nicanor Parra.
(d) Jeffrey Shotts.
3. In "What Came to Me," the author takes the last piece of what from a box?
(c) A puzzle.
4. Who is the author of the poem titled "Divorce"?
(a) Quintin Prout.
(b) Andy Young.
(c) Brian Andreas.
(d) Jack Gilbert.
5. "Journey" is written by whom?
(a) Kasey Jueds.
(b) Jeffrey Shotts.
(c) Cathy Song.
(d) Joy Harjo.
6. Who wrote "Model of the Heart at the Franklin Institute"?
(a) Joy Harjo.
(b) Kasey Jueds.
(c) Tina Letcher.
(d) Susan V. Meyers.
7. In "Divorce," the author wakes suddenly and hears what?
8. In "The Lost Glove Is Happy," the author is going where?
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) Lubbock, Texas.
9. Who is the author of "Words My Friend Can't Bring Himself to Say"?
(a) Cyrus Cassells.
(b) Quintin Prout.
(c) Dwight Fullingim.
(d) Jack Brannon.
10. What poem of Memye Curtis Tucker's is included in the collection?
(a) "The Changeling."
(d) "The Mentalist Leaves the Stage."
11. In "Year's End," the author writes, "Otherwise, not much has happened; we fell in love again, finding that one red feather on" what?
(a) The hawk.
(b) The river.
(c) The chicken.
(d) The wind.
12. In "Benavides, Texas, 1906," a two-month-old newspaper warns ranchers to expect relatives due to what?
(a) A flood.
(b) An upcoming holiday.
(c) A drought.
(d) The war in Mexico.
13. "Autumn Quince" was written by whom?
(a) Morton Marcus.
(b) Jane Hirshfield.
(c) Nicanor Parra.
(d) Catherine Bowman.
14. Who wrote the poem "Avalanche"?
(a) Eric Zuckerman.
(b) David B. Prather.
(c) Ali Abunimah.
(d) John Phillip Santos.
15. Who is the only person who lives in the town of "Benavides, Texas, 1906"?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A rancher.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A grocer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Work," what is the cashier's name?
2. Who is the author of the poem "Insurance"?
3. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
4. What kind of store does the cashier work at in "Work"?
5. In "I Give You Back," the author writes "so you can no longer keep me naked and ____ in the winter"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)