|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "What the Stones Knew"?
(a) Harryette Mullen.
(b) Anzar Hitoshi.
(c) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(d) Robert Dana.
2. In "Travelling Light," the author wants "nothing more anymore only wind stroking waves onto" what?
(a) "A mangrove forest."
(b) "Sandy beaches."
(c) "A distant shore."
(d) "Jagged rocks."
3. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
(a) Ken Fontenot.
(b) Anzar Hitoshi.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Harryette Mullen.
4. In "Lens," the author wonders about the shouting in the house and why who must be watched?
5. In "Aqueducts," the author imagines the aqueducts where?
(a) Northern Italy.
(b) Western Germany.
(c) Eastern Germany.
(d) Southern Italy.
6. Who is the author of "The Family Car"?
(a) Jenny Browne.
(b) Tom Absher.
(c) Kimberly J. Brown.
(d) Teresa Palomo Acosta.
7. "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule" is written by whom?
(a) Philip Appleman.
(b) Herberto Padilla.
(c) Angel Gonzales.
(d) Kimberly J. Brown.
8. Who sits in the top bunk late at night in "Nine"?
9. Who wrote the poem "Dedication"?
(a) Martha Christina.
(b) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(c) Jim Natal.
(d) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
10. Who wrote "Simple Song of Being Oneself"?
(a) Vittorio Bodini.
(b) Barbara McCauley.
(c) Philip Appleman.
(d) David Hassler.
11. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
(a) The owl's talon's.
(b) A rock outcropping.
(c) The owl's beak.
(d) A tree trunk.
12. What gets lost in the dark in "Dedication"?
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
13. Whose dad tipped the boat in "The Father, Who Could Not Swim"?
14. In "Naming," the author has lost the meaning of words, but she still knows the meaning of sugar and what?
(b) Pine needle.
15. What kind of tree does the author climb in "Leaving the Light On"?
(a) Apple tree.
(b) Pine tree.
(c) Cherry tree.
(d) Redwood tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Stranded," the beloved's name drips from the author's what?
2. Who wrote "Taking My Son to His First Day of Kindergarten"?
3. Who wrote "First Grade"?
4. "Today I'll Sit Still" is written by whom?
5. In "This Isn't Fair," the author's beloved leaves the room when he asks if she loves him, but he calls her back frantically to give her what?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)