|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: pages 161-170.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an artistic representation of an abstract quality or idea as a person?
2. In "Travelling Light," the author wants "nothing more anymore only wind stroking waves onto" what?
(a) "A distant shore."
(b) "A mangrove forest."
(c) "Sandy beaches."
(d) "Jagged rocks."
3. What is punctuation in the air in the poem "Insurance"?
(b) The clouds.
(c) Each bird.
4. "Other Lives" is by what author?
(a) John Sangster.
(b) Hayan Charara.
(c) Vern Rutsala.
(d) Maggie Anderson.
5. What poem did Leonard Nathan write in the collection?
(a) "It Was Here."
(b) "The Changeling."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author find when he flees, trying to stay alone in "Simple Song of Being Oneself"?
2. In "Child Proof," the author writes, "Child is proof We come from somewhere else Where everyone" what?
3. In "Year's End," the author writes, "Otherwise, not much has happened; we fell in love again, finding that one red feather on" what?
4. In "This Isn't Fair," the author's beloved leaves the room when he asks if she loves him, but he calls her back frantically to give her what?
5. What is stolen from the author in "A Game Nobody Won"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)