|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 108-119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the author remember clearly of the children of his first grade class in "First Grade"?
(a) Their faces.
(b) Their names.
(c) Their handwriting.
(d) Their stories.
2. In the Introduction by Naomi Shihab Nye, the author writes, "Losing makes us miserable, startles us awake. It's also" what?
(a) Part of the game.
(b) Sometimes fatal.
(d) A chance to learn.
3. Who is the author of the poem "Insurance"?
(a) Dwight Fullingim.
(b) Vickie Karp.
(c) Kimberly J. Brown.
(d) John Sangster.
4. Who wrote the poem "Dedication"?
(a) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(b) Jim Natal.
(c) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(d) Martha Christina.
5. Where did the narrator find his ancestor's name in "Letter to an Ancestor"?
(a) A personal letter.
(b) A painting.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A census book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "and sometimes i hear this song in my head"?
2. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
3. Who wrote "Emergency Situation"?
4. What poem of Memye Curtis Tucker's is included in the collection?
5. Who is the author of "Organdy Curtains, Window, South Bank of the Ohio"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)