|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: pages 108-119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "Nine"?
(a) Harryette Mullen.
(b) Dionisio D. Martinez.
(c) Amy Adams.
(d) Lavonne J. Adams.
2. Who is the author of the poem "Insurance"?
(a) Kimberly J. Brown.
(b) Dwight Fullingim.
(c) John Sangster.
(d) Vickie Karp.
3. In "Sudden," the newspaper might have used the word "massive" if it had been a heart attack, but it used what instead?
4. What does the author find when he flees, trying to stay alone in "Simple Song of Being Oneself"?
(a) Death and fear.
(b) Fortune and kindness.
(c) Lies and pain.
(d) Truth and danger.
5. Donna Leed's untitled poem talks of how she never saw the road between her house and her grandmother's house why?
(a) It was flooded.
(b) It was snow covered.
(c) The headlights went dim.
(d) She always fell asleep in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem titled "Stranded"?
2. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
3. What poem of Rolf Jacobsen's is included in the collection?
4. Where does the narrator of "That Kind of Marriage" sleep?
5. Who wrote "What We Want"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)