|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 45-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction by Naomi Shihab Nye, the author leaves what behind on an airplane?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her watch.
(c) Her neck pillow.
(d) Her jacket.
2. Who wrote the poem "Dedication"?
(a) Lisa Ruth Shulman.
(b) Sandra Gail Teichmann.
(c) Martha Christina.
(d) Jim Natal.
3. Who wrote "First Grade"?
(a) Roger Jones.
(b) Bill Meissner.
(c) Robert Dana.
(d) Herberto Padilla.
4. In what poem by David Williams were his ancestors were thrown away as if they were nothing?
5. Who is the author of "Bittersweet"?
(a) Lavonne J. Adams.
(b) Emma Mellon.
(c) Nancy Mairs.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the poem "I Myself"?
2. When did the author lay out school supplies in "Bittersweet"?
3. Who is the author of "Years of Solitude"?
4. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
5. What does the father serve in "Battleground State Park"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)