|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 96-107.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The New World," the author stared at the sculpture on the front lawn of what museum?
(a) The Museum of Scince and Indusrtry.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) The Montclair Art Museum.
(d) The Guggenheim Museum.
2. In "What Came to Me," the author takes the last piece of what from a box?
(b) A puzzle.
3. "Today I'll Sit Still" is written by whom?
(a) Jimmy Santiago Baca.
(b) Jack Myers.
(c) Ernesto Trejo.
(d) Hayan Charara.
4. What can the author remember clearly of the children of his first grade class in "First Grade"?
(a) Their handwriting.
(b) Their names.
(c) Their stories.
(d) Their faces.
5. In "Drifter, Owl, Mouse," the mouse prays inside what?
(a) The owl's beak.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A rock outcropping.
(d) The owl's talon's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Drifter, Owl, Mouse"?
2. Who wrote the poem, "So Far"?
3. In "Last-Minute Message for a Time Capsule," the author writes, "we also had the righteous ones who worshiped the True Faith, and" what?
4. Who sits in the top bunk late at night in "Nine"?
5. In "This Isn't Fair," the author's beloved leaves the room when he asks if she loves him, but he calls her back frantically to give her what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)