|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
2. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
3. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
4. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
5. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for love. Identify at least two instances about the search for love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE is a classic example of a coming-of-age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)