Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
2. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
3. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
4. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
5. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Mclean learns from Dave? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mclean always recall about her feelings about Dave during her time in Lakeview?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah Dessen is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)