|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mclean's little stepbrother?
2. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
3. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
4. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
5. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Mclean's method of creating a new persona each time she enters a new school. Why does Mclean feel the need to reinvent herself with each move? What is the underlying psychological reason that Mclean creates her different identities?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)