|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
2. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
3. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
4. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
5. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
2. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
3. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
4. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
5. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
6. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
7. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
8. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
9. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
10. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE is a classic example of a coming-of-age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)