|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
2. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
3. What impresses Mclean most about the dinner?
4. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
5. What is the state of the Luna Blu restaurant by now?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Opal. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Opal's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Sarah Dessen's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)