|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
2. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
3. What do the students want to include on the model?
4. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
5. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
2. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
3. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
4. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
5. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
6. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
7. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
8. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
9. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
10. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of David. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)