|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
2. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
3. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
4. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
5. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
2. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
3. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
4. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
5. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
6. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
7. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
8. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
9. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
10. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Mclean learns from Dave? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mclean always recall about her feelings about Dave during her time in Lakeview?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Mclean learns from her mother? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mclean always recall about lessons from her mother?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)