|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
2. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
3. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
4. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
5. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
2. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
3. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
4. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
5. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
6. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
7. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
8. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
9. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
10. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Deb. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Opal's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)