|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
2. What does Mclean learn about why David never showed up at the hotel?
3. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
4. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
5. What does Mclean tell David that she is having for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
2. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
3. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
4. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
5. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
6. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
7. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
8. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
9. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
10. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Mclean learns from Dave? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mclean always recall about her feelings about Dave during her time in Lakeview?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Sarah Dessen's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)