|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
2. Where will Mclean be going instead of going to Hawaii?
3. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
4. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
5. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
2. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
3. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
4. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
5. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
6. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
7. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
8. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
9. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
10. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)