|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mclean's little stepbrother?
2. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
3. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
4. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
2. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
3. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
4. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
5. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
6. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
7. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
8. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
9. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
10. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Mclean learns from her mother? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Mclean always recall about lessons from her mother?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for love. Identify at least two instances about the search for love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)