|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
3. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
4. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
5. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
2. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
3. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
4. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
5. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
6. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
7. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
8. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
9. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
10. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for love. Identify at least two instances about the search for love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)