|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
2. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
3. How long have Mclean and her father now lived in Lakeview?
4. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
5. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
2. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
3. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
4. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
5. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
6. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
7. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
8. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
9. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
10. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of David. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mclean's father. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Mclean's method of creating a new persona each time she enters a new school. Why does Mclean feel the need to reinvent herself with each move? What is the underlying psychological reason that Mclean creates her different identities?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)