Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
2. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
3. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
4. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
5. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
Sarah Dessen is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Describe Deb. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Opal's character in the novel?
There are several events of foreshadowing in WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)