|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mclean tell Riley that she doesn't make friends?
2. Dave tells Mclean that his parents are ________________.
3. Who tries to contact Mclean when she is on the computer?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name that Mclean has used in different schools she has attended?
5. In what year of school is Mclean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the cupboards at Mclean's house reveal to David about her life and what does she tell him about her transient lifestyle?
2. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
3. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
4. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
5. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
6. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
7. What does Mclean reveal about her mother's background and her parents' relationship later on?
8. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
9. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
10. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Mclean's method of creating a new persona each time she enters a new school. Why does Mclean feel the need to reinvent herself with each move? What is the underlying psychological reason that Mclean creates her different identities?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mclean's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)