|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
2. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
3. Who invites Mclean to eat lunch with some girls at school?
4. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
5. This book is written from the perspective of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
2. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
3. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
4. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
5. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
6. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
7. What do the cupboards at Mclean's house reveal to David about her life and what does she tell him about her transient lifestyle?
8. How is Mclean's resistance to playing basketball again and getting to know David symbolic of Mclean's inner turmoil about her life in general?
9. What does Mclean think about when she watches the stars from a party next door one night?
10. What is revealed about Mclean's transient lifestyle as she views comments on her social networking page?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mclean's father. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mclean. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE is a classic example of a coming-of-age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)