|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
2. What name does Mclean use when introducing herself to Opal?
3. Where had Mclean's parents first met?
4. Why is Mclean unsettled when she sees her mother at the game?
5. Why does a reporter take pictures of Mclean, David and some other kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
2. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
3. What does Mclean think about when she watches the stars from a party next door one night?
4. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
5. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
6. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
7. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
8. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
9. What perspective does David give to Mclean when she is upset with her mother and having to go to the basketball game?
10. What is revealed about Mclean's transient lifestyle as she views comments on her social networking page?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of the search for love. Identify at least two instances about the search for love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mclean's relationship with her mother. How does she feel about her even though she has made her life difficult at times? Is the relationship especially difficult because of Mclean's mother's infidelity and the subsequent divorce? How does Mclean's kindness and forgiveness help define their important bond?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)