|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He can't get his car to start.
(b) He is angry at her.
(c) He is firing somebody.
(d) He has burned himself.
2. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
(a) It is pleasant but boring.
(b) She can't wait to leave.
(c) She is a prisoner.
(d) She is finally home for the first time in years.
3. Who arrives at the hotel to talk with Mclean?
(c) Her parents.
4. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
(a) They paint their house.
(b) He gets into a relationship.
(c) They donate things to charity.
(d) Gus buys a new car.
5. Why does Mclean become defensive of Opal with her father?
(a) She thinks he is using Opal.
(b) She wants Opal to be her stepmother.
(c) She thinks he will hurt Opal.
(d) She thinks Opal has had a hard life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
2. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
3. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
4. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
5. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
2. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
3. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
4. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
5. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
6. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
7. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
8. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
9. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
10. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)