|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
2. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
(b) The bakery.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The movies.
3. What does Mclean learn about why David never showed up at the hotel?
(a) His car broke down.
(b) He ran out of gas.
(c) He got grounded.
(d) He got lost.
4. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
(a) Surf board.
(b) Tanning cream.
(c) A floppy hat.
(d) A swimsuit.
5. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students want to include on the model?
2. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
3. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
4. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
5. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
2. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
3. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
4. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
5. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
6. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
7. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
8. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
9. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
10. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)