|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
2. What does Mclean tell David that she is having for dinner?
(b) Pork chops.
(c) Meat Loaf.
3. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(a) New York.
4. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) The free food she gets.
(b) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
(c) The difficulties of being an owner.
(d) She hates waiting tables.
5. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
(a) She is a prisoner.
(b) She is finally home for the first time in years.
(c) It is pleasant but boring.
(d) She can't wait to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
3. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
4. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
5. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
2. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
3. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
4. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
5. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
6. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
7. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
8. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
9. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
10. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)