|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
(a) Gus buys a new car.
(b) He gets into a relationship.
(c) They paint their house.
(d) They donate things to charity.
2. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
(a) Tide's Inn.
(d) Sand and Surf.
3. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
(b) Her father.
4. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A houseboat.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) A mansion on the water.
5. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
2. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
3. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
4. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
5. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
2. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
3. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
4. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
5. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
6. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
7. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
8. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
9. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
10. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)