|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
(a) Specials for today's lunch menu.
(b) Colors for decorating the second floor.
(c) How tired they are from working so much.
(d) Fresh produce available today.
2. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
3. Whom does Gus begin to date?
4. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
(a) Mclean can't place all the blame on her mother.
(b) Mclean needs to grow up.
(c) Katherine tells her that she is being a brat.
(d) Katherine knows she has made mistakes.
5. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Visit an expensive college.
(b) Go to the beach house with her.
(c) Spend more time with her every week.
(d) Agree to call Peter her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
2. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
3. What does David ask Mclean to do?
4. Where will Mclean be going instead of going to Hawaii?
5. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
2. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
3. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
4. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
5. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
6. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
7. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
8. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
9. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
10. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)