|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean learns that her mother had not been talking about her at the beach house, but rather about _______________.
(a) A fight she had with her husband.
(b) A party she didn't want to have.
(c) A dress she wanted to return.
(d) Her lawyer's advice.
2. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
3. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(c) New York.
4. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
5. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) She hates waiting tables.
(b) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
(c) The free food she gets.
(d) The difficulties of being an owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
2. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
3. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
4. What does Mclean learn about why David never showed up at the hotel?
5. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
2. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
3. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
4. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
5. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
6. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
7. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
8. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
9. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
10. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)