|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
2. What does Mclean tell David that she is having for dinner?
(b) Meat Loaf.
(d) Pork chops.
3. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
(a) Making a phone call.
4. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Go to the beach house with her.
(b) Visit an expensive college.
(c) Spend more time with her every week.
(d) Agree to call Peter her father.
5. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
(a) She is staying home.
(b) She is going to the beach with her mother.
(c) She is going to Texas with David.
(d) She is going to Florida with Deb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
2. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
3. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
5. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
2. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
3. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
4. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
5. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
6. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
7. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
8. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
9. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
10. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)