|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Agree to call Peter her father.
(b) Spend more time with her every week.
(c) Go to the beach house with her.
(d) Visit an expensive college.
2. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
(a) Goes to the museum.
(b) Goes sledding.
(c) Hangs out at David's house.
(d) Works on the model.
3. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
(b) Her mother.
4. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
(a) She rides the school bus.
(b) She walks.
(c) She rides her bike.
(d) David drives her.
5. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
(a) Calls her father to come get her.
(b) Confronts her mother.
(c) Drives away in her old car.
(d) Takes a bus back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the hotel to talk with Mclean?
2. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
4. What does David ask Mclean to do?
5. What is the state of the Luna Blu restaurant by now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
2. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
3. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
4. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
5. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
6. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
7. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
8. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
9. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
10. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)