|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
(a) Painting the fence.
(b) Cleaning out the garage.
(c) Practicing putting.
(d) Playing pitch and catch.
2. What is David not allowed to eat in his house?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(d) Raw cookie dough.
3. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
(b) Tide's Inn.
(d) Sand and Surf.
4. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
(a) Being with people you love.
(b) A state of mind.
(c) A joke.
(d) A fairy tale.
5. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The beach.
(b) The new house.
(d) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
2. What does David ask Mclean to do?
3. How long have Mclean and her father now lived in Lakeview?
4. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
5. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
2. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
3. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
4. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
5. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
6. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
7. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
8. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
9. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
10. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)