|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(d) Her twin siblings.
2. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
(a) She rides her bike.
(b) She walks.
(c) She rides the school bus.
(d) David drives her.
3. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
(a) Colors for decorating the second floor.
(b) Specials for today's lunch menu.
(c) Fresh produce available today.
(d) How tired they are from working so much.
4. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
5. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
(d) New cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
2. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
3. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
4. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
5. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
2. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
3. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
4. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
5. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
6. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
7. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
8. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
9. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
10. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)