|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(b) New York.
2. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
3. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
(a) Her first bike.
(b) Her surf board.
(c) Her baby pictures.
(d) Her old car.
4. What is the state of the Luna Blu restaurant by now?
(a) It is not doing well.
(b) It has radically changed.
(c) It has closed.
(d) It has improved slightly.
5. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(d) Mclean's baby clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
2. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
3. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
4. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
5. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
2. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
3. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
4. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
5. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
6. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
7. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
8. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
9. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
10. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)