|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
(b) The cellar.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) Her room.
2. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(d) New York.
3. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
4. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
(a) Practicing putting.
(b) Cleaning out the garage.
(c) Playing pitch and catch.
(d) Painting the fence.
5. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
(a) A fairy tale.
(b) A joke.
(c) A state of mind.
(d) Being with people you love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
2. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
3. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
4. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
5. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
2. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
3. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
4. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
5. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
6. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
7. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
8. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
9. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
10. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)