|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
(b) Other identities.
(c) Birthday photos.
2. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
(a) Goes to the museum.
(b) Hangs out at David's house.
(c) Works on the model.
(d) Goes sledding.
3. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(a) Her twin siblings.
4. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The movies.
5. What is David not allowed to eat in his house?
(c) Raw cookie dough.
(d) Chocolate cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
2. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
3. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
4. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
5. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
2. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
3. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
4. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
5. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
6. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
7. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
8. How had Mclean misunderstood what her mother said to her friend at the beach house that had made Mclean so upset?
9. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
10. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)