|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He can sing opera.
(b) He once attended Harvard.
(c) He has five kids.
(d) He used to be a jockey.
2. Whom does Gus begin to date?
3. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
(a) He is going to marry Opal.
(b) He has been fired from his job.
(c) Her mother wants to re-work the custody agreement.
(d) They are moving again.
4. Deb has a real gift for ____________________.
5. What game does Mclean play with David?
(c) Trivial Pursuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Mclean most about the dinner?
2. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
3. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
4. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
5. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
2. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
3. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
4. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
5. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
6. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
7. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
8. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
9. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
10. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)