|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
(a) About $750.
(b) Nearly $2,000.
(d) Over $1,000.
2. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(d) Her twin siblings.
3. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
(a) Making a phone call.
4. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) Paperback books.
(c) A tennis racket.
5. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
(a) She is going to the beach with her mother.
(b) She is staying home.
(c) She is going to Texas with David.
(d) She is going to Florida with Deb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
2. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
3. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
4. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
5. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
2. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
3. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
4. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
5. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
6. Where does Mclean go after she leaves the beach house and who does she call to comfort her?
7. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
8. How are Mcean's relationships with her parents and David making her feel more content now?
9. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
10. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)