|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
2. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(b) New York.
3. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
4. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
(a) Katherine tells her that she is being a brat.
(b) Mclean needs to grow up.
(c) Mclean can't place all the blame on her mother.
(d) Katherine knows she has made mistakes.
5. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
(a) A mansion on the water.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) A houseboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask Mclean to do?
2. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
3. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
4. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
5. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
2. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
3. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
4. How does Gus show his commitment to making the restaurant a success?
5. How does Mclean's mother respond when Mclean confronts her on the phone about the choices her mother has made that have impacted their lives?
6. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
7. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
8. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
9. Explain the foreshadowing used by the author when she mentions Mclean's old car?
10. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)