|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(c) New York.
2. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Go to the beach house with her.
(b) Spend more time with her every week.
(c) Visit an expensive college.
(d) Agree to call Peter her father.
3. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(c) New York.
4. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
(c) Making a phone call.
5. Mclean learns that her mother had not been talking about her at the beach house, but rather about _______________.
(a) A fight she had with her husband.
(b) A party she didn't want to have.
(c) A dress she wanted to return.
(d) Her lawyer's advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
2. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
3. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
4. Whom does Gus begin to date?
5. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
2. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
3. What are Mclean's evolving thoughts about what home really is as she and her parents talk about the future?
4. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
5. What makes Mclean so upset that she takes off from the beach house in her old car?
6. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
7. How does Mclean feel about being in this town after living here for two months?
8. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
9. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
10. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)