|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean feels that ________________ ruined basketball for her.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her foot injury.
(d) Traveling around.
2. Who helps Mclean when she is injured at school?
3. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
(a) Peter Hamilton.
(b) Jake Meyers.
(c) Hoops Mclean.
(d) Max Jenkins.
4. What is the name of Mclean's new high school?
(a) Lakeview High.
(b) Lincoln Heights High.
(c) George Washington High.
(d) Jackson High.
5. When Mclean sits and analyzes the sky, what does she recall?
(a) A Van Gogh painting.
(b) Stargazing with her mother.
(c) A poem she once read.
(d) A drawing she did as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fighting any changes at the restaurant where Mr. Sweet is consulting?
2. What does Mclean need to get at the house before going to the hospital?
3. With what was Mclean obsessed when she was younger?
4. What is Mclean's father's job?
5. Dave tells Mclean that his parents are ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the cupboards at Mclean's house reveal to David about her life and what does she tell him about her transient lifestyle?
2. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
3. What is unusual about Mclean's seeing her mother on TV when David and his father are over watching the game?
4. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
5. What does Mclean offer to do in exchange for her mother dropping the new custody arrangement?
6. What options does Mclean have regarding her father's move to Hawaii?
7. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
8. What does Mclean reveal about her mother's background and her parents' relationship later on?
9. What has happened to David as a result of Mclean's calling him to come to the Poseidon the night she was so upset?
10. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)