|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
(a) When she is doing homework.
(b) When she is cooking.
(c) When she is falling asleep.
(d) When she is shopping.
2. Why are Dave's parents upset with him?
(a) He got into the liquor cabinet.
(b) He didn't go to college early.
(c) He failed biology.
(d) He wrecked the car.
3. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
(a) Crossword puzzles.
(b) Cooking a steak.
(c) Driving a racecar.
(d) Singing opera.
4. Who is fighting any changes at the restaurant where Mr. Sweet is consulting?
5. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A chair.
(c) A TV.
(d) A plant
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave tells Mclean that his parents are ________________.
2. Who drives Mclean to the hospital when her father is injured?
3. What does Mclean's father think tells the most about a restaurant?
4. How is Mclean injured at school on Monday morning?
5. What do Dave and his friend ask Mclean to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
2. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
3. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
4. Why is Mclean's mother upset when she phones Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
6. What is the premise of WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE?
7. What perspective does David give to Mclean when she is upset with her mother and having to go to the basketball game?
8. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
9. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
10. Explain the nature of Mclean's relationship with her father.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)