|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
(a) A siren.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) People playing basketball
(d) The television.
2. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She knows her mother will lecture her.
(c) She feels she is betraying her father.
(d) She has a lot of homework to do.
3. What is Mclean's stepfather's name?
4. What does Mclean do when she wakes in the night and realizes a party is going on next door?
(a) She sits and dreams about going to a party.
(b) She joins the party.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She asks the neighbors to be quiet.
5. What appears unexpectedly in the kitchen when Mclean is there?
(a) A golf ball.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A model airplane.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
2. Whom does Mclean invite to go to the basketball game with her?
3. Who is fighting any changes at the restaurant where Mr. Sweet is consulting?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that upsets Mclean's mother about Mclean's life?
5. Who drives Mclean to the hospital when her father is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the nature of Mclean's relationship with her father.
2. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
3. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
4. What does Mclean think about when she watches the stars from a party next door one night?
5. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
6. Why does Mclean prefer to leave a place without saying goodbye?
7. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
8. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
9. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
10. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)