|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mclean's mother given to her when she moved out?
(a) A baby quilt.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A cookbook.
2. Who calls the house looking for Mclean's father?
(c) Mclean's mother.
3. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
(a) She crashed her car.
(b) She slammed the car door on her hand.
(c) She spent a night in jail.
(d) She was hit as a result of jealousy in a love triangle.
4. After whom is McLean named?
(a) A basketball coach.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother's best friend.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
(a) Hoops Mclean.
(b) Jake Meyers.
(c) Max Jenkins.
(d) Peter Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean's father think tells the most about a restaurant?
2. Riley tells Mclean that Dave is interested in whom?
3. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
4. What community service project is Dave working on?
5. What does Mclean need to get at the house before going to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
2. What do the cupboards at Mclean's house reveal to David about her life and what does she tell him about her transient lifestyle?
3. Why does Mclean prefer to leave a place without saying goodbye?
4. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
5. What is the premise of WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE?
6. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
7. Why is Mclean reluctant to attend the big basketball game in town?
8. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
9. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
10. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)