Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that upsets Mclean's mother about Mclean's life?
(a) She had to leave school to get insurance papers.
(b) She is not going steady with a boy.
(c) She is always traveling around.
(d) She has to act as a caretaker to her father.
2. Who is Lindsay?
(a) Dave's sister.
(b) The owner of the restaurant.
(c) Mclean's cousin.
(d) The town's Councilwoman.
3. Who tries to contact Mclean when she is on the computer?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her teacher.
4. What name does Mclean use when introducing herself to Opal?
5. How does Mclean meet Deb?
(a) They are both trying out for cheerleading.
(b) Her locker is next to Mclean's.
(c) She introduces herself to Mclean in the cafeteria.
(d) She is partnered with her in Biology class.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year of school is Mclean?
2. What does Mclean need to get at the house before going to the hospital?
3. What is Mclean's father's job?
4. Where had Mclean's parents first met?
5. Why is David in jeopardy of losing his vacation trip with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mclean get to stay with Opal even though she was supposed to go live with her mother?
2. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
3. What good comes out of Mclean's stay at the Poseidon regarding her parents' views of her?
4. What does Mclean learn about why her mother has met with an attorney?
5. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
6. What does Lindsay do with Mclean's father at the restaurant that flusters Opal and starts to make Mclean feel like she's on shaky ground?
7. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
8. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
9. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
10. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)