|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
2. Why is Mclean unsettled when she sees her mother at the game?
(a) She is sitting all alone in the hallway.
(b) She is hugging a strange man.
(c) She is wearing expensive clothing.
(d) She seems to be a bit tipsy.
3. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
4. What do Dave and his friend ask Mclean to do?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Go to a baseball game.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Go for ice cream.
5. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
(a) She slammed the car door on her hand.
(b) She crashed her car.
(c) She was hit as a result of jealousy in a love triangle.
(d) She spent a night in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
2. Why is David in jeopardy of losing his vacation trip with his friends?
3. Whom does Mclean invite to go to the basketball game with her?
4. What community service project is Dave working on?
5. Who is Opal's nemesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Mclean's transient lifestyle as she views comments on her social networking page?
2. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
3. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
4. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
5. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
6. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
7. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
8. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
9. Why does Mclean prefer to leave a place without saying goodbye?
10. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)