|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
(a) A siren.
(b) The television.
(c) People playing basketball
(d) An alarm clock.
2. What does Mclean's father think tells the most about a restaurant?
(a) Its pricing.
(b) Its basic foods.
(c) Its decor.
(d) Its service.
3. What is Mclean's last name?
4. Why does Mclean tell Riley that she doesn't make friends?
(a) She moves so much.
(b) She doesn't want to get hurt.
(c) She is a loner.
(d) She is so shy.
5. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
(a) She feels she is betraying her father.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) She knows her mother will lecture her.
(d) She has a lot of homework to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dave and his friends plan to go on a trip?
2. When Mclean sits and analyzes the sky, what does she recall?
3. Who is the person sitting in Mclean's house when she first arrives there?
4. Why are Dave's parents upset with him?
5. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE?
2. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
3. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
4. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
5. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
6. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
7. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
8. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
9. Why does Mclean prefer to leave a place without saying goodbye?
10. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)