|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Dave's parents upset with him?
(a) He wrecked the car.
(b) He failed biology.
(c) He didn't go to college early.
(d) He got into the liquor cabinet.
2. What appears unexpectedly in the kitchen when Mclean is there?
(a) A model airplane.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A squirrel.
3. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
(a) When she is cooking.
(b) When she is falling asleep.
(c) When she is doing homework.
(d) When she is shopping.
4. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
(a) A chair.
(b) A TV.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A plant
5. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
(b) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
(c) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(d) To ask her to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mclean when she is injured at school?
2. What does Mclean do when she wakes in the night and realizes a party is going on next door?
3. How does Mclean meet Deb?
4. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
5. In what year of school is Mclean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
2. What is revealed about Mclean's transient lifestyle as she views comments on her social networking page?
3. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
4. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
5. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
6. What does Mclean reveal about her mother's background and her parents' relationship later on?
7. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
8. What do the cupboards at Mclean's house reveal to David about her life and what does she tell him about her transient lifestyle?
9. What perspective does David give to Mclean when she is upset with her mother and having to go to the basketball game?
10. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)