|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year of school is Mclean?
2. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
(a) Jake Meyers.
(b) Peter Hamilton.
(c) Hoops Mclean.
(d) Max Jenkins.
3. What does Mclean's father think tells the most about a restaurant?
(a) Its pricing.
(b) Its service.
(c) Its basic foods.
(d) Its decor.
4. What appears unexpectedly in the kitchen when Mclean is there?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A model airplane.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A golf ball.
5. Dave tells Mclean that his parents are ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mclean tell Riley that she doesn't make friends?
2. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
3. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
4. Where do Dave and his friends plan to go on a trip?
5. Why does Mclean do all the cooking for her and her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mclean's mother upset when she phones Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
3. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
4. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
5. How is Mclean's resistance to playing basketball again and getting to know David symbolic of Mclean's inner turmoil about her life in general?
6. What does Mclean think about when she watches the stars from a party next door one night?
7. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
8. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
9. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
10. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)