|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person sitting in Mclean's house when she first arrives there?
2. What is the name of the restaurant Mclean and her father are eating at as the book opens?
(a) Luna Sea.
(b) Blue Moon.
(c) Luna Blu.
(d) Blue Lagoon.
3. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
(a) When she is falling asleep.
(b) When she is shopping.
(c) When she is cooking.
(d) When she is doing homework.
4. Who is required to put together Opal's model of the city?
(a) A group from the retirement community.
(b) A group of teens doing community service.
(c) A group of women from the garden club.
(d) A group of teens for a class project.
5. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
(a) Singing opera.
(b) Cooking a steak.
(c) Crossword puzzles.
(d) Driving a racecar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mclean and her mother buy when they went on beach vacations before the divorce?
2. Where does Dave work?
3. How does Mclean meet Deb?
4. How is Mclean injured at school on Monday morning?
5. What is the name of Mclean's new high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Mclean begin to see her mother in a new light?
2. How does Mclean learn about her father's new job in Hawaii and how does she feel about going there?
3. Why do Mclean and Deb especially enjoy going to Riley's house for dinner?
4. How is Mclean's resistance to playing basketball again and getting to know David symbolic of Mclean's inner turmoil about her life in general?
5. Why is Mclean's mother upset when she phones Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. How does Mclean know that David was at the Poseidon that night she was so upset and how did that get him into trouble with his parents?
7. What does Mclean reveal about her mother's background and her parents' relationship later on?
8. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
9. How is this trip to the beach different from other trips there for Mclean and her mother?
10. What do her friends confront Mclean about that makes her run from the restaurant where she had been helping with the model?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)