|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mclean do all the cooking for her and her father?
(a) Her father cannot cook anything.
(b) Her father is a chef and doesn't want to cook at home.
(c) She wants to train to be a chef.
(d) She is tired of eating fast food.
2. Mclean realizes that Deb is considered a/an ______________ by the other students.
(d) Beauty queen.
3. This book is written from the perspective of whom?
(c) Mclean's mother.
(d) Mr. Sweet.
4. How does Mclean meet Deb?
(a) She is partnered with her in Biology class.
(b) She introduces herself to Mclean in the cafeteria.
(c) Her locker is next to Mclean's.
(d) They are both trying out for cheerleading.
5. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
(a) Go to a movie with her.
(b) Go shopping with her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Go to the beach house with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
2. Riley tells Mclean that Dave is interested in whom?
3. Who is fighting any changes at the restaurant where Mr. Sweet is consulting?
4. How many beers did Dave have at his party?
5. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
2. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
3. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
4. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
5. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
6. Why is Mclean reluctant to attend the big basketball game in town?
7. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
8. What does Mclean reveal about her mother's background and her parents' relationship later on?
9. What does Mclean think about when she watches the stars from a party next door one night?
10. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)