|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
(a) The television.
(b) A siren.
(c) People playing basketball
(d) An alarm clock.
2. Why are Dave's parents upset with him?
(a) He didn't go to college early.
(b) He failed biology.
(c) He got into the liquor cabinet.
(d) He wrecked the car.
3. Who tries to contact Mclean when she is on the computer?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her teacher.
4. Who is fighting any changes at the restaurant where Mr. Sweet is consulting?
5. What do Dave and his friend ask Mclean to do?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Go for ice cream.
(c) Go to a baseball game.
(d) Play basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
2. Mclean feels that ________________ ruined basketball for her.
3. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
4. What does Mclean's father think tells the most about a restaurant?
5. Who is Mclean's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
2. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
3. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
4. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
5. Why does Mclean prefer to leave a place without saying goodbye?
6. How is Mclean's resistance to playing basketball again and getting to know David symbolic of Mclean's inner turmoil about her life in general?
7. What perspective does David give to Mclean when she is upset with her mother and having to go to the basketball game?
8. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
9. Explain how the theme of relationships begins to evolve in Chapter 4.
10. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)