|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom is McLean named?
(a) Her mother's best friend.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) A basketball coach.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What is Mclean's stepfather's name?
3. What does David bring to Mclean on the evening after she injured herself at school?
(a) Homework assignments.
(b) A DVD.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Hot soup.
4. Who invites Mclean to eat lunch with some girls at school?
5. What is Mclean's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
2. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
3. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
4. Who is Mclean's mother?
5. Who tries to contact Mclean when she is on the computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Riley points out something to Mclean about making friends when she helps Mclean after she injures herself at her locker? What does Riley tell her that surprises Mclean?
2. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
3. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
4. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
5. What is revealed about Mclean's transient lifestyle as she views comments on her social networking page?
6. How is Mclean's resistance to playing basketball again and getting to know David symbolic of Mclean's inner turmoil about her life in general?
7. Explain the nature of Mclean's relationship with her father.
8. What perspective does David give to Mclean when she is upset with her mother and having to go to the basketball game?
9. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
10. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)