|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name that Mclean has used in different schools she has attended?
2. Who is Mclean's father?
3. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
(a) Crossword puzzles.
(b) Singing opera.
(c) Cooking a steak.
(d) Driving a racecar.
4. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
5. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
(a) Go to the beach house with her.
(b) Go to church with her.
(c) Go to a movie with her.
(d) Go shopping with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean do when she wakes in the night and realizes a party is going on next door?
2. With what was Mclean obsessed when she was younger?
3. Who is visiting her father when Mclean returns home from school in Chapter 8?
4. Riley tells Mclean that Dave is interested in whom?
5. Mclean has step-siblings who are __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
2. What is it about the model that makes it seem so orderly according to Mclean?
3. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
4. How did Mclean get to stay with Opal even though she was supposed to go live with her mother?
5. What is different about this new place for Mclean and her father that typically doesn't happen?
6. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
7. How are things looking up for Opal and the restaurant?
8. Why does Mclean feel like she is being pushed out of her mother's house when she sees her things in storage and where does she go for a feeling of solidity?
9. How does the author wrap up the loose ends of the story at the end?
10. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)