|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the boy who saves Mclean from the police at the neighbor's party?
2. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(b) To ask her to dinner.
(c) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
(d) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
3. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
(a) Singing opera.
(b) Driving a racecar.
(c) Cooking a steak.
(d) Crossword puzzles.
4. What does Mclean's father think tells the most about a restaurant?
(a) Its service.
(b) Its basic foods.
(c) Its decor.
(d) Its pricing.
5. Who calls the house looking for Mclean's father?
(a) Mclean's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
2. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
3. Why is David in jeopardy of losing his vacation trip with his friends?
4. After whom is McLean named?
5. Who is the person sitting in Mclean's house when she first arrives there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Mclean see in her mother when she spots her at the big game?
2. Why is Mclean reluctant to attend the big basketball game in town?
3. What is the premise of WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE?
4. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
5. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
6. Who does the chaotic environment of the restaurant symbolize Mclean's life and which two people are calming influences for her?
7. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
8. What does David finally realize about why Mclean is not excited to be at the big game?
9. What does Mclean reveal about her mother's background and her parents' relationship later on?
10. Why is Mclean's mother upset when she phones Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)