|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
(a) Max Jenkins.
(b) Jake Meyers.
(c) Hoops Mclean.
(d) Peter Hamilton.
2. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(b) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
(c) To ask her to dinner.
(d) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
3. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
(a) She has a lot of homework to do.
(b) She feels she is betraying her father.
(c) She knows her mother will lecture her.
(d) She is not feeling well.
4. How is Mclean injured at school on Monday morning?
(a) She spilled chemicals in chemistry class.
(b) She slammed her locker on her hand.
(c) She fells down a staircase.
(d) She hurt herself by pulling a mirror off her locker door.
5. After whom is McLean named?
(a) Her mother's best friend.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) A basketball coach.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a reporter take pictures of Mclean, David and some other kids?
2. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
3. Who calls the house looking for Mclean's father?
4. Who is the boy who saves Mclean from the police at the neighbor's party?
5. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Mclean feel that she is taking her mother's place regarding her father?
2. What happened that made Mclean feel as if she no longer fit into her mother's world?
3. What is the premise of WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE?
4. What point of view is the book written in and what does that reveal about Mclean, the main character?
5. What does David tell Mclean about his parents and why they are upset with him?
6. What is Mclean's relationship with her parents? What does Mclean blame for her parents' divorce?
7. What perspective does David give to Mclean when she is upset with her mother and having to go to the basketball game?
8. What examples do David and Mclean share with each other when discussing actions and consequences?
9. Who is Peter and how is his personality revealed more in his request that Mclean go to a game with her mother?
10. How does Mclean meet Dave and what does she think about him?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)